Your dream FO and coaching staff for this offseason

ripsean21

What moves would you make do you keep anyone and who is the new GM and Coach and what do you want their staff to look like? We’re getting to the end of the season now we have two coaches fired and we have an idea who the top candidates now will be from the college and pro ranks. The playoffs will change some things as always if a wildcard team can make a run. But who you got?

Reserved for my staff. 1st as I think most agree is FIRE BRUCE. The rest I’ll have later

president Ozzie Newsome. I’m kinda stealing this from E but my plan was promoting Kyle Smith to GM and bringing in a President to guide him I was thinking Pioli as someone said but I love the Newsome idea.

President- Newsome

GM- Kyle Smith

HC- Kevin O’Connell and get yourself a experienced DC with head coaching experience. I really only want this if he continues the harder more game oriented practices Callahan has brought in. So far injuries are down and I believe it’s because one youth and better shape.

DC- Dan Quinn run their hybrid 4-3/3-4 and I think your talking about a staff that has young bright potential with good football minds around to reach off of mentally. 

Edited by ripsean21

General Manager= Doug Williams

Head Coach= Lovie Smith

D-Coordinator= Whoever Lovie Smith wants, since Lovie knows Defenses

Back to 4-3, or at least the ability to run a 43/34 hybrid

I would be pumped!

In 9 seasons with the Bears?

He had 4 dbl digit winning seasons, 1 9-7 season 1 8-8 season & 2 7-9 seasons.

His worst season, was his 1 season where he went 5-11.

This is the same coach who led Rex Grossman to the SB.

Edited by aceinthehouse

Team President - Doug Williams

GM - Kyle Smith

Head Coach - Mike Tomlin with final say over personnel 

I don't think we’ll get Tomlin even if Bruce is gone and Mike is given final say, but what he's done with the Steelers this year  despite all of their injuries just proves he's a top 5 HC in the league and should be this year's coach of the year!

GM: Kyle Smith with Ozzie Newsome in a supervisory “consultant/executive VP” role. 

I like what our scouting department has been able to do over the last few seasons, and I don’t want to lose a good young mind like Kyle Smith. At the same time, I don’t think he’s probably ready to run an organization from top to bottom — and really revamp our whole operation, quite frankly — so enter a guy who built an absolutely first-rate program in Baltimore over the course of decades. Ozzie could be for us what Tom Coughlin is for Jacksonville, and what numerous other experienced football men have been for other organizations over the years. I’d love him to take on the challenge of putting his stamp on the Redskins before he rides off the sunset once and for all. 

Coach: Kris Richard, with Kevin O’Connell as the OC and Dan Quinn as the DC. 

Those aren’t necessarily my “dream” coordinator choices, just guys I think would be realistic options for Richard to get on his staff. He and Quinn coached together in Seattle obviously, and I think they’d be on the same page in terms of the blueprint for the defense. Though things have fizzled out for him in Atlanta, he had a pretty impressive track record prior to the past year or two. I feel about O’Connell the way I feel about Kyle Smith: I like some of the things I’ve seen, and people are obviously impressed with his character and traits, so I’d like to keep him in the organization if we can. Continuity would be a big benefit for Haskins, as well. 

I’ve talked about Richard before. He checks the boxes for the things I’m looking for in terms of traits for a HC: disciplined, detailed, tough, all about preparation, good communicator, motivator, high standards. I think he could easily be the next Mike Tomlin, as their backgrounds and personalities seem to be pretty similar. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Is anyone else concerned about Kevin O'Conell?  I saw several of you wanting to retain him, but IMO the playcalling under him has been abysmal.  

He wouldn’t be my first choice. I think with the emergence and success with S.McVay and M. LaFleur, maybe they don’t want to lose another smart young coach who they think has a bright future. I haven’t seen it up to this point. 

39 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Is anyone else concerned about Kevin O'Conell?  I saw several of you wanting to retain him, but IMO the playcalling under him has been abysmal.  

It has gotten better the more Haskins has started. The more they have given Haskins opportunities to throw the ball, the more the playcalling has evened out. Haskins has had 16 dropped passes by the way, that definitely has effected the efficiency of what the offense could really be. O'Connell at this point right now, I would say has the offense going in the right direction. So much so Alot aren't as sure as Chase Young being a possibility as he just was a few weeks ago. 

Good question.  So many possibilities.  The problem is if we are dead set on a particular coach we might need to cater to that coach's requirements.  Because while I see the job as attractive at the same time I can't imagine a veteran head coach is going to come here with out demanding some kind of contractual control.  On the other side if snyder is more thinking about the GM, then you would expect that GM to demand full control of choosing the coach.

I see two possible scenarios of 1)Hiring a proper GM and giving him full control to pick the coach and getting rid of some of the fat like Doug Williams or 2)Keeping the front office structure the same minus Bruce Allen and having a guy like Doug Williams act as the facilitator to a new coach if we are going to get a coach who wants a lot of control.   

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

He is likely being hamstrung by Callahan, but he wasn't qualified to be a head coach before this season and I think the only question we should be asking is whether he should even be considered for an OC job at this point.

People are just like the idea of a Sean McVay situation, but every young offensive guy is not Sean McVay.  I have yet to hear one indicator of how OConnell is a leader of men.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Hes a young, rising star it seems to me. He still has learning to do and is young enough to do it and keep as a valuable asset going into the future. Thats why I went with an Offensive HC, that would do his own thing, call it his own way. But with his youth, he should remain on our payroll and not be allowed on someone elses till its a positive he cant progress/elevate the team any farther.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why though?  He's on a coaching staff of an abysmal team.  

He hasnt been a coach for even 4 full years of his life yet. And a couple of those he was just an assistant or working qbs. 2 years experience working a offense, and 1/3rd of season of running an offense. Some guys spend over a decade to work into such a position and he does it within 4 years.

Stick him with an offensive coach that calls his own plays. And continue to mold him. Why give him away like we have all the rest? And those other guys had FAR more experience coaching than him.

9 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He hasnt been a coach for even 4 full years of his life yet. And a couple of those he was just an assistant or working qbs. 2 years experience working a offense, and 1/3rd of season of running an offense. Some guys spend over a decade to work into such a position and he does it within 4 years.

Stick him with an offensive coach that calls his own plays. And continue to mold him. Why give him away like we have all the rest? And those other guys had FAR more experience coaching than him.

I'm not arguing that he's not young or inexperienced.  I'm asking what he's done to be considered an upcoming star?  

Edited by MKnight82