Your dream FO and coaching staff for this offseason

ripsean21

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Apparently, Redskins have interest in Stanford's coach Davis Shaw.

Also, changes to the front office could be happening this week.

Yes, I said THIS WEEK.

I think this Packers games is very big, for Bruce Allen & possibly others.

So of course, we'll upset the Packers. Nothing goes the way we want it in Washington.

They would be smart to begin this week so they can have a GM in place to start interviewing coaches.  

I wouldn't want to go anywhere near Shaw at this point.  The further we get away from Jim Harbaugh at Stanford, the more it looks like Shaw was riding his wave of success and recruiting. 

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They would be smart to begin this week so they can have a GM in place to start interviewing coaches.  

I wouldn't want to go anywhere near Shaw at this point.  The further we get away from Jim Harbaugh at Stanford, the more it looks like Shaw was riding his wave of success and recruiting. 

I agree. Not so much that he rid Harbaugh’s coattails, but he wouldn’t be an inspiring hire for me. His offenses are just as conservative and run-heavy as Callahan’s. 

1 hour ago, daboyle250 said:

GM: Louis Riddick

HC: Eric Bieniemy

OC: Kevin O'Connell

DC: Anthony Weaver

I don’t get the obsession with Louis Riddick. He is a TV Personality who never held a position of power in a front office. A scout and player personnel guy at most, no?

Just now, A TRAIN 89 said:

I don’t get the obsession with Louis Riddick. He is a TV Personality who never held a position of power in a front office. A scout and player personnel guy at most, no?

Riddick was Director of Pro Personnel for the Skins between 2005-2007, which is a pretty solid period. So he has history with the franchise and is certainly capable of taking on the responsibility. Generally I believe the Director of Pro Personnel is a stepping stone into becoming a GM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daboyle250 said:

GM: Louis Riddick

HC: Eric Bieniemy

OC: Kevin O'Connell

DC: Anthony Weaver

I also don't see why we want Louis Riddick.  If he was so desirable to be a GM he would have earned a job in the last 5 years.

In terms of OConnell, what have you seen in the last bunch of games that have made you think he is some rising star?  Cause I haven't seen anything special.  They generally start slow which is a bad indicator of an OC because you start with pre planned scripted plays.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I also don't see why we want Louis Riddick.  If he was so desirable to be a GM he would have earned a job in the last 5 years.

In terms of OConnell, what have you seen in the last bunch of games that have made you think he is some rising star?  Cause I haven't seen anything special.  They generally start slow which is a bad indicator of an OC because you start with pre planned scripted plays.

Agreed. I for one would like a new coaching staff.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

On the flip side, that didn't work out so well for Gruden and others who DID have pre planned plays. We didn't make adjustments or keep at running the ball.

Something in my "Old School Football" brain is liking the focus on the run and wearing down defenses. As long as our defense plays tough and the team is disciplined (we seem to be more disciplined as well lately), we have a chance against some teams that would've crushed us under Gruden. 

What I'm seeing lately is play smart/aggressive defense on our side, ground and pound on offense and wear out their defense, and win late. That is much more preferable to the Gruden way of no commitment to running, let the other defense pin their ears back and kill us and get nowhere and lose early.

I'd say bring him back if the new coach wants him and see what he can do with Haskins in year 2.

• Like 1