GB's and Clappers: Dallas at Chicago

HDsportsfan

15 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

We all know that Jerry is the real problem here. It’s undeniable. All I’m doing is acknowledging the glee his demise would cause me because this organization would be free from that meddling rube.

Why don’t you just say you wish he would step down so someone else could run the team? 

You say you wish he would die and that you would celebrate it because of your passion for a football team. 

That’s not a good look. He is a human being. 

On 12/6/2019 at 10:38 AM, TheGame316 said:

13-31 157 yards through 3 quarters is average? (9-27 115 after the opening, probably scripted drive, which only accounts for 4-6 42 yards anyways)

hmmmmmm....okay

So, to clarify from the time Dallas had a 7-0 lead to the time they were down 31-14 at the 11 minute mark of the 4th Quarter (Basically while the game was still potentially in question), Dak got us 9-30 and 115 yards in 40 minutes of Football

Toss in all the garbage time and Dak had an "average game" - Bet it looks great on a graph

Or

his sitting in sideline expecting his kicker to make a easy kick and tie the game going into the half 

now comes out second half down 17 points when he takes the field 

goes 

21-32 277 yards 1 TD   A little above average I would say when Chicago is playing pass.    Also had the team at Chicago’s 13 when do to time issues we kicked a FG  

listen I understand with the way our D was playing we needed Dak to be Superman to win this game and he wasn’t. But watching the game I have got to tell you it wasn’t like he was missing wide open receivers left and right. A majority of his incompletions were due to not having open receivers and not having the time in the pocket to wait for his receivers to get open 

and he didn’t have help like the Chicago QB

look at his day

1st drive interception 

2nd drive penalty keeps drive going

screen to TE goes 30 yards

5 yard TD pass His first pass completed  beyond 1st down marker in game

3rd drive no completed pass beyond 1st down marker Chicago gets FG

4th drive short pass turned into 21 yard pass play I think this was the one Smith should have intercepted

8 yard TD pass only down field pass of drive 

5th drive miss tackle on 6 yard pass turns into a 33 yards

penalty keeps drive going 

14 yard TD pass on WR screen

6th drive  3 and out 

7th drive  3 plays turn over

8th drive - 1st down by penalty    
His only real good difficult pass field his 3rd of the day - went into triple coverage should have been defended but ball was thrown perfectly 

8th drive 3 out

9th drive again no pass beyond 1st down marker 

he only completed 3 passes Where he threw the ball more than 7-8 yards past LOS two of those “down field passes” a five yard TD and a 8 yard TD      The third should have been defended by Dallas who had triple coverage 

all the rest of his completions where short drop off 1-4 yards down field where the receiver did the rest 

Final stat  23-31 244 yards with in my estimate guess 100 plus yards after the catch to get to 244

Edited by quiller

6 minutes ago, quiller said:

Or

his sitting in sideline expecting his kicker to make a easy kick and tie the game going into the half 

now comes out second half down 17 points when he takes the field 

goes 

21-32 277 yards 1 TD   A little above average I would say when Chicago is playing pass and   And again had the team at Chicago’s 13 where do to time issues kicked a FG  

listen I understand with the way our D was playing we needed Dak to be Superman to win this game and he wasn’t and but watching the game I have got to tell you it wasn’t like he was missing wide open receivers left and right watching the game a majority of his incompletions were due to not having open receivers and not having the time in the pocket to wait for his receivers to get open 

and he didn’t have help like the Chicago QB

look at his day

1st drive interception 

2nd drive penalty keeps drive going

screen to TE goes 30 yards

5 yard TD pass His first pass completed  beyond 1st down marker in game

3rd drive no completed pass beyond 1st down marker Chicago gets FG

4th drive short pass turned into 21 yard pass play I think this was the one Smith should have intercepted

8 yard TD pass 

5th drive miss tackle on 6 yard pass turns into a 33 yards

penalty keeps drive going 

14 yard TD pass on WR screen

6th drive  3 and out 

7th drive  3 plays turn over

8th drive - 1st down by penalty    
His only real good difficult pass down field of the day into triple coverage should have been defended 

8th drive 3 out

9th drive again no pass beyond 1st down marker 

he only completed 3 passes Where he threw the ball more than 7-8 yards past LOS two of those “down field passes” a five yard TD and a 8 yard TD      The third should have been defended by Dallas who had triple coverage 

all the rest of his completions where short drop off 1-4 yards down field where the receiver did the rest 

Final stat  23-31 244 yards with in my estimate guess 100 plus yards after the catch to get to 244

In the heart of the game, nearly 40 minutes from when Dallas was up 7-0 to when the game was pretty much over at 31-14 in the 4th Dak went 9-27 115 yards

I don't care what he did in garbage time, That's why they call it garbage time. Chicago was all about keeping the receivers in front of them and keeping the clock moving

When it mattered 9-27, 115 in 40 minutes of play

What do Trubisky's stats have to do with any of this?

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

In the heart of the game, nearly 40 minutes from when Dallas was up 7-0 to when the game was pretty much over at 31-14 in the 4th Dak went 9-27 115 yards

I don't care what he did in garbage time, That's why they call it garbage time. Chicago was all about keeping the receivers in front of them and keeping the clock moving

When it mattered 9-27, 115 in 40 minutes of play

What do Trubisky's stats have to do with any of this?

I put up Trubisky stats to show that it’s a team game he got help from his coaches play calling and his team mates executing those plays he really didn’t  have to do any thing spectacular.  Dak on the other hand was expected to pull something out of his &%# almost every play with a Chicago rusher in his face.  And yes Dak had some bad throws decisions but not that many

Now you want to jump on Dak for the Bills game I am right there with you but the bears game not so much.  

you say garbage time fine what ever but that also showed that Dak was throwing the ball good enough but the OL was not doing a good enough job handling Chicago’s pressure and his receivers were not getting open quickly enough

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Why don’t you just say you wish he would step down so someone else could run the team? 

You say you wish he would die and that you would celebrate it because of your passion for a football team. 

That’s not a good look. He is a human being. 

If you know anything about this team, then you know that he won’t step down. So, only his death will allow for a new GM.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:19 PM, plan9misfit said:

We all know that Jerry is the real problem here. It’s undeniable. All I’m doing is acknowledging the glee his demise would cause me because this organization would be free from that meddling rube.

Wishing for, or looking forward to the death of anyone in this manner is awful and unbecoming of someone who I consider a veteran and leader on this forum.