GDT 12/8/19 Week 14: 10-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 9-3 Buffalo Bills

DreamKid

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

The two undisputed top QBs from the 2018 class will face off. With both of their teams eyeing AFC #1 Seed supremacy

Says a lot about Baker's development plateauing/regression and of Darnold that this could even be remotely true. 

I had Allen as the 5th best QB in that class - and a massive project that probably wouldn't even pan out, let alone in his 2nd season.  I still don't think he is "elite" like some in Gen seem too, but he is exceeding my expectations

3 hours ago, drd23 said:

Says a lot about Baker's development plateauing/regression and of Darnold that this could even be remotely true. 

I had Allen as the 5th best QB in that class - and a massive project that probably wouldn't even pan out, let alone in his 2nd season.  I still don't think he is "elite" like some in Gen seem too, but he is exceeding my expectations

Yea, was just doing my usually shtick. Cause I know how it can trigger the lurkers. With the way things are trending now though, who knows? LJ8 is for real, and Allen is going his thing. I liked Allen coming out, believed in his ability to develop in the right situation. It's not hard to imagine our FO drafting him either. We tend to go for dual threats or generational arm cannon bearers lol. Luckily we went with Lamar, but I'm happy Josh and that Bills team is finding success. Even more happy Baker is collapsing in on himself like a dying star.

12 hours ago, berlin calling said:

easy W for me.

Buffalos D is performing well against sub par competition this year, much the same as Ravens were last year.

Allen in fact has a lower QBR than the defenses he faced average. so don't tell me he'll beat this team.

NEXT

Held the #1 offense to 15 points in their own house on Thanksgiving. Held the Patriots to 16 points. 3rd in total defense. Top 5 in almost every stat.

Josh Allen last 8 games : 18 total touchdowns, 2 INTs

These kind of posts are so unintelligent but it is what it is. 

Having said that, I fully expect the Ravens to win this game; I'm going Ravens 28 Bills 20. 

I would 10/10 rather have the Ravens be the class of the AFC over the Pats so I'm with you guys on that front.  

Case to make for Buffalo winning : 

• In Buffalo
  • Since switching to 11 personal and no huddle offense a month ago, offense is averaging 28 points per game
  • LB core : Milano and Edmunds might be the best LB duo this season. Both are very fast and athletic and rarely miss tackles. Something a team that wants to beat Lamar Jackson has to do. 
  • Safeties : Poyer and Micah Hyde are very intelligent and disciplined football players. Fast LBs and disciplined safeties will be key to try to contain the MVP.

Will be fun to watch Lamar vs Allen. Funny thing is most people had these (2) QBs be the most "raw" and "project" QBs and both IMO are already #1 and #2 from that years draft class. Sky is the limit for both in my eyes. Jackson is revolutionizing the game and Allen has the athleticism to go with a cannon of an arm and his accuracy has been much improved this season. Here's to a good game and no injuries! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Held the #1 offense to 15 points in their own house on Thanksgiving.

Uhhhhhh the #1 offense is us and we didn't play on Thanksgiving.

Held the Patriots to 16 points.

The Patriots do not have a good offense this year. Like, at all.

3rd in total defense. Top 5 in almost every stat.

With BY FAR the easiest schedule defensively by DVOA in the NFL this year.

I'd be shocked if this game was close.

• Like 2

I was going to say something about how the Cowboys are mediocre and only lead the league in yards because of all their garbage time yards, and that holding the the Patriots offense to 16 points this year is isnt anything particularly special, but it seems I was beaten to it...

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Uhhhhhh the #1 offense is us and we didn't play on Thanksgiving.

The Patriots do not have a good offense this year. Like, at all.

With BY FAR the easiest schedule defensively by DVOA in the NFL this year.

I'd be shocked if this game was close.

Can’t believe you’re trying to argue the bills don’t have a good D lmao. At least this fan base is humble. We’ll chat Sunday night after the game ;)

9 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Can’t believe you’re trying to argue the bills don’t have a good D lmao. At least this fan base is humble. We’ll chat Sunday night after the game ;)

I don't know if he's arguing that the defense isn't good, just that they aren't as good as you are saying they are. 

They are closer to being borderline top 10 than they are borderline top 5 (let alone top 3) like the basic stats you quoted might have one believe.  Not everything has to be ELITE or trash - these things exist on a spectrum ;)

• Like 2