GDT 12/8/19 Week 14: 10-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 9-3 Buffalo Bills

DreamKid

2 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Can’t believe you’re trying to argue the bills don’t have a good D lmao. At least this fan base is humble. We’ll chat Sunday night after the game ;)

The Bills' defense is good, but my argument is that you guys have faced nobody on offense, and the stats show it. It also helps to be humble when your best QB in the past 10+ years wasn't even good enough to start for our team.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

I’ve been fearful of this game because of the Bills defense. But I can’t help but think that the Bills offense is very similar to the Texans. Big scrambling QB that’s tough to get down that you want to use a contain rush with and force into the coverage sack. Their weapons are ones that we should be able to lock up in man coverage. I’ll be interesting in whether we decide to put Marlon on Beasley to shut him down and then use Jimmy to beat up Brown on the line with over the top safety help... or if we put Marlon on Brown all game and then allow Peters to shade Beasley and look to bait Allen into the pick. I would probably do the former.

I think our secondary should be able to force some coverage sacks and while Allen has thrown a lot of interceptions as of late I like Peters for one in this game by virtue of baiting the young QB and I like our pass rush to cause a strip sack at some point that we recover.

The Bills have a very good defense but after this offense showed that even against an elite defense, two of them in fact, that they could score on 50% or more of their drives (Patriots and 49ers both) and with my belief that we get some shorter fields by virtue of turnovers (if not scores), I’ll predict that we win this game something like: 38-20, Ravens.

Our offense seems to play more jacked on the road than at home. Some of their best offensive performances seem to come on the road. So while 38 on the Bills defense seems like it could be a lot, I see it as the team scoring on 6/10 drives with 5 being TDs. In a game where the wind should play a factor, I think we stay aggressive on 4th downs. I see the fact that on the Bills schedule they’ve yet to play a single mobile QB all year. We’ve seen so many teams struggle with the speed of this offense, teams that have faced Kyler Murray, Wilson, Watson, etc. We’ve seen defenses that were ranked (before playing this offense) as top 5 run stopping units get 250+ yds dropped on them. It’s easy to play disciplined football when you’re playing more static QB options. I think there’s likely to be a little bit of shell shock for the Bills early that when combined with the fast starts our offense seems to have on the road... could burry them quickly and have them start guessing. Their LBs are fast and their safeties disciplined, but by virtue of their 43 front their DEs aren’t likely to have the speed to match Lamar to the edges and their corners, especially Wallace don’t have the size to really pose issues with our WRs/TEs blocking downfield.

I’d look for Andrews split out wide to Wallace’s side where he can burry him and create creases for Jackson to exploit along the edges. Use Boyle and Ricard to blast through to the second level to wash the LBs and rely on the interior OL to hold their blocks long enough to get Lamar to the edges. With the outside runs opened up, it opens up the interior runs after the defense is forced to overcommit. In addition this puts them off balance and backside tosses to the TEs open up as the TEs fake blocks and slip past to the second level for open grass off of the run fakes.

The Bills will be made to look like frauds, when the reality is simply that this game was a less than ideal matchup for them against an opponent that they’ve seen nothing like all season.

4 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Everyone being healthy at this stage of the season is great news

I'm really hoping we've sacrificed enough to the injury gods. Tavon Young, Pernell McPhee, Deshon Elliot, Tony Jefferson, Matt Skura, Otaro Alaka. We didn't skate this season.

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm really hoping we've sacrificed enough to the injury gods. Tavon Young, Pernell McPhee, Deshon Elliot, Tony Jefferson, Matt Skura, Otaro Alaka. We didn't skate this season.

Tony Jefferson alone should have been enough to please the injury gods. That, along with the Chargers giving their usual "3/4 of the starting roster" sacrifice.

I think Ravens fans should acknowledge, that Bills have the formular to win late in the season - a formular which have also worked so far. They have the stout defense with the ability to run the ball on offense and the big play ability from their QB whether it be from his arm or working outside of structure with his legs.

I think Bills fans should acknowledge, that their opponents combined has a 50-82 win loss records, and that will be a caveat when speaking about their play and record.