TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

7 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

I'm seeing a friend in Dallas for a bit, but i also have a friend in Georgetown I wanted to stop in and see. That anywhere near you? 

How the hell do you have friends in Dallas and Georgetown? But yeah, its about 20 minutes away.

57 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

~75 minutes away

Not bad. There's a dog show out that way...which is why I'd be out there. If I'm driving out though on my own, I could swing by Austin.

Just now, Runaway Jim said:

@Desperado82 Why did you switch from labs to GSDs?

I've always wanted a GSD since I was a kid. Labs kinda happened by mistake xD

I ended up working for a German Shepherd handler from January - May earlier this year, got to know more people within the breed...and like two weeks after I moved back home, Lemmy became available. He's sired by the #1 GSD in 2016, a dog I've met several times and love what he produces. His temperament is awesome as well. So...couldn't pass him up.

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I've always wanted a GSD since I was a kid. Labs kinda happened by mistake xD

I ended up working for a German Shepherd handler from January - May earlier this year, got to know more people within the breed...and like two weeks after I moved back home, Lemmy became available. He's sired by the #1 GSD in 2016, a dog I've met several times and love what he produces. His temperament is awesome as well. So...couldn't pass him up.

lemmy-foo-fighters-white-limo-video-2011

Was he delivered in a white limo?

On 8/14/2017 at 9:38 PM, acowboys62 said:

I am on the verge of finally quitting corporate America and just going for it...or at the very least, increasing my focus during the nights and weekends to start the foundation of my own business.  It will be focused on real estate investing and I am happy to get into the details if this chat can gain some momentum but I figured I would start with some high level things first.

Pros and cons of your decision to start your own business?

Best piece or pieces of advice you can give to someone considering something like this?

Looking back from the early stages what would you have done different / changed? 

What is your business (without giving away too much detail if you don't want too)?

Any recommended reading or things of that nature that you would recommend? 

PAY ATTENTION TO ME.  K Thanks :) 

@acowboys62

Seriously though, I can't offer much advice. 

Two friends of mine own a local K9 grooming salon/pet supply store. They just purchased a new, larger building which will include a pool for dogs to swim as well as for them to perform hydrotherapy on dogs. When I stopped in after moving back from Ohio, they asked if I would be interested in buying the business from them when they decide to retire within a couple of years. 

I'm likely going to be taking them up on the offer as I don't see myself pursuing the vet path anymore. I may still go back next semester and earn an AA in English...but don't plan on pursuing a career in that field. 

Point being, I'll be right there with you here soon xD 

@acowboys62

I've thought about starting a business, but to me the cons have always outweighed the pros. 

Pros: you get all of the benefits if you're successful

Cons: You carry all the risk.
You are never done with work - constantly marketing and networking and representing your company
You have to do stuff like accounting and not just spend all your time, in my case, engineering.

Archived