TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

It does get quite annoying on GoT when the characters seemingly hit the "Fast Travel" button. 

Dany not going after the others was asinine.  Then again, she didn't know one of them was the Night King.  She may have stupidly thought, oh look they are peaceful.  Let's not burn them like I burn literally everyone else.  9_9

Tormund and his Brienne fantasies are so cute.

Hound kinda screwed the pooch in this episode.  First, he froze in the heat of the bear battle because of the flames.  Then, he threw the rock that let the wights figure out the lake had refrozen.  But, he gave us whinging, which I have already used thrice in normal conversations.  All is forgiven. 

Gendry might give Forrest Gump a challenge when it comes to running.

When Jon kept stopping during the trek to have little side conversations with random members of the gang, did the other's get mad that they had to stop walking and wait for him to shut his pie hole?

A better setup for the Clegane Bowl would have been if the Hound had gotten turned and they had taken him back to King's Landing to show Cersei.  That would have set off an Undead Clegane Bowl. 

Where the hell did the wights get those chains they used to pull the dragon out of the ice?  Were they just carrying them around on the off chance that they might need them later on? 

I wish Arya would hurry up and kill Sansa.  Preferably after she kills Littlefinger, takes his face and uses it to dupe Sansa. 

Jon & Dany sitting in a tree, I-N-C-E-S-T.   

Jon fighting random wight guys while everyone else hopped on the dragon was just plain dumb.  Those few he dispatched were no threat to the group as a whole.  He is a stupid little man with a big hero complex sometimes.

Tyrion brought up a good point about Dany's line of succession.  If she wears the crown, who takes over after she is gone?  Guess he and Jon better hook up soon because inbred boy kings always work out well.

Ok I am back... well sort of. Can someone tell me what do I have to do to get my old name back -resilient-.

when I tried to go on, it stated my password did not work,  but my previous account had a old email address, no longer available. So I tried to update to my newer email address. But then it wouldn't let me use my former screen name - resilient- because another member (me) had already used it. 

Am I doomed to lose my glorious history and start all over again o.O

On 8/18/2017 at 3:34 PM, Desperado82 said:

@acowboys62

Seriously though, I can't offer much advice. 

Two friends of mine own a local K9 grooming salon/pet supply store. They just purchased a new, larger building which will include a pool for dogs to swim as well as for them to perform hydrotherapy on dogs. When I stopped in after moving back from Ohio, they asked if I would be interested in buying the business from them when they decide to retire within a couple of years. 

I'm likely going to be taking them up on the offer as I don't see myself pursuing the vet path anymore. I may still go back next semester and earn an AA in English...but don't plan on pursuing a career in that field. 

Point being, I'll be right there with you here soon xD 

Well if I learn anything I will be sure to pass it along!

On 8/18/2017 at 4:16 PM, Runaway Jim said:

@acowboys62

I've thought about starting a business, but to me the cons have always outweighed the pros. 

Pros: you get all of the benefits if you're successful

Cons: You carry all the risk.
You are never done with work - constantly marketing and networking and representing your company
You have to do stuff like accounting and not just spend all your time, in my case, engineering.

Yea I have had that struggle but I finally got to the point where my pros outweigh my cons.

I will say, the accounting stuff and all of that, I would need to have an accountant, I know its just an extra cost, but I am not planning to make all that much money for a few years while I get started, but I'd rather my focus be on the actual marketing / business side as opposed to the operations side.  I basically already take my 10 hour work day and add another 4-6 hours for my own thing so really my time would stay the same, except I would be doing it for myself. 

On 8/20/2017 at 7:41 PM, WizardHawk said:

Yeah, think I might be the only person among my friends, co-workers and family that doesn't watch it. I'm pretty much a black sheep. lol

I have never seen it either.  Likely never will.  Not appealing to me.  I like shows of that nature, just not that genre. I get distracted very EASILY and what I can gather is you really need to pay attention.  Outside of Cowboys football, the only shows/TV I have watched for years are Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Family Guy.

I am basically a grown child. 

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

So I ordered some new boxers from Dicks - they literally packaged each one individually and sent it. The most ridiculous waste to get 6 packages at my house today all with 1 pair of underwear 

Has anyone used MeUndies?! I hear about 5 commercials a day and they've almost broken me. 

12 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

Has anyone used MeUndies?! I hear about 5 commercials a day and they've almost broken me. 

Ive never even heard of them. 

So Im tempted by this Galaxy Note 8. There is supposed to be like $400 off if you had a Note 7, which makes the ridiculous cost much more bearable. 

Archived