TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

So my oldest is leaving for Colorado tomorrow to go work maintenance for Noble Energy. So many emotions. Excited for him. Worried. Hopeful. Sick to my stomach. It's a terrific opportunity for a 19 yr. old. Good money...way too good for a 19 yr old, imo, but it is what it is. Just hoping we got through to him on some levels. 

I knew it would suck, but man, it sucks way more than what I had prepared myself for. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

So my oldest is leaving for Colorado tomorrow to go work maintenance for Noble Energy. So many emotions. Excited for him. Worried. Hopeful. Sick to my stomach. It's a terrific opportunity for a 19 yr. old. Good money...way too good for a 19 yr old, imo, but it is what it is. Just hoping we got through to him on some levels. 

I knew it would suck, but man, it sucks way more than what I had prepared myself for. 

Some/most parts of Colorado are so beautiful. If your boy has to leave the nest, sounds like a good start.

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Well, he is your oldest.  You still have to do this about 16 more times. So hopefully it gets easier.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:39 PM, DaBoys said:

My Astros doing their best impression of the Cowboys.

I knew there had to be a reason I liked you. I've been an Astros fan since 1991.  I was a HUGE fan of Bagwell and Biggio. So, I adopted them as my team.  I hope the Astros can finally get it done.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:38 PM, Matts4313 said:

F bomb. 

My ex just called me and told me our younger boxer just got run over by a car. 

F this. This year is the worst year of my life.

Damn.  That really sucks man.  Sorry to hear it.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, DaBoys said:

That's terrible, man. Don't cry on that B's shoulder though.  Don't let her use that

Damn, there you go again.  Another reason I like you.  Matts, he speaks the truth. Listen to DaBoys.

16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Wow, I can't even imagine how tough that would be.  With a dad like you, I'm sure he has his head on as straight as any 19 year old can. Best of luck to the not so little Hawk.

2 hours ago, htfryar said:

I knew there had to be a reason I liked you. I've been an Astros fan since 1991.  I was a HUGE fan of Bagwell and Biggio. So, I adopted them as my team.  I hope the Astros can finally get it done.

Same. I was in highschool when Bags and Biggio were doing their thing.  I was a Huge fan Bagwell and because I was playing varisty baseball at the time I squat down low and adopted Jeff Bagwells hitting stance. I was made fun of, and the coach tried to get me to stop. But I kept doing it and I actually hit really well like that. Plus it was highly effective at drawing walks for some reason. It messed with highschool pitchers strike zone, and made a slightly high pitch look SUPER high to the blue. As soon as coach noticed how much I was either getting a Texas league single or walked he stopped messing with me.Bagwell%20Jeff_4_Bat_NBLMangin.jpg?itok=

Been an Astros fan ever since. Also helped that I had one of my little league teams named the Astros. Amazingly enough, the only pro baseball game I've ever been to was a Texas Rangers game. But it didn't do it for me. I'm an Astro. 

Archived