TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

Well good news and bad news with my wife and the baby.

The bad news is: according to the screening from the first and second trimester, the baby has a 1 in 6 chance of having down syndrome. The way it was explained is that if 6 women with her age, demographics, and results were to have a kid, one of those kids would have down syndrome. 

The good news: In the anatomy scan that follows the news, there were no visible markers for down syndrome on the baby. That improves our odds to about 1 in 12-15. We also found out we are having a boy. I tried my hardest to convince her of Landry but she just wouldn't go for it. I got the next best thing, for me which is one of the A's big 3 from when I grew up. So we will be naming our son Hudson Grey Mouse07. 

We took a blood test and that will give us more accuracy on the baby and what to expect with a diagnosis. That should come in a week and a half to two weeks. Send good thoughts and prayers our way boys. 

18 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

The bad news is: according to the screening from the first and second trimester, the baby has a 1 in 6 chance of having down syndrome. The way it was explained is that if 6 women with her age, demographics, and results were to have a kid, one of those kids would have down syndrome. 

The good news: In the anatomy scan that follows the news, there were no visible markers for down syndrome on the baby. That improves our odds to about 1 in 12-15. We also found out we are having a boy. I tried my hardest to convince her of Landry but she just wouldn't go for it. I got the next best thing, for me which is one of the A's big 3 from when I grew up. So we will be naming our son Hudson Grey Mouse07. 

We took a blood test and that will give us more accuracy on the baby and what to expect with a diagnosis. That should come in a week and a half to two weeks. Send good thoughts and prayers our way boys. 

Wishing you all the best, MM07. Guess she wouldn’t go for Zito either then

43 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

@MightyMouse07 Sending all the good mojo I can to you and Mrs. MM. 

And, you have got to keep pushing Landry with subtle hints. Great name.  But, as a Braves fan, Hudson is excellent as well. 

It was a nice middle ground for us. I used the Braves time to get some support. She is a big Luke Bryan fan and since he is from Georgia, she says she can root them as her NL team. xD I won't give up on Landry though. I'll find some way to sneak it in hopefully. 

Thank you all for the good vibes. 

1 hour ago, MightyMouse07 said:

God bless you and your family. 

4 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I named my son Logan due to my affinity for Wolverine (the comic book character) and because he shared colors (yellow and blue) along with the three claws to mirror the winged helmets with the University of Michigan.

And I initially tried to name my son Bo, for obvious reasons, but my wife shot it down.

34 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Prayers Mouse. Although, there are worse things to have happen than to have a child with Downs. 

Absolutely. We are concerned because of a family history with premature births and any added complications could be troublesome for both her and the baby. The diagnosis will be hard to get through but my wife works with special needs populations as a behaviorist and as a teacher. We both have a lot of knowledge on services that will help a child with DS grow into a successful adult and are going to love Hudson no matter what. We just know of the stigmatism and trouble he would face growing up. Either way I appreciate all of your support. Thank you fellas. 

1 hour ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Absolutely. We are concerned because of a family history with premature births and any added complications could be troublesome for both her and the baby. The diagnosis will be hard to get through but my wife works with special needs populations as a behaviorist and as a teacher. We both have a lot of knowledge on services that will help a child with DS grow into a successful adult and are going to love Hudson no matter what. We just know of the stigmatism and trouble he would face growing up. Either way I appreciate all of your support. Thank you fellas. 

My comment kinda sounded...well, not how I intended. Certainly hoping he comes out without any intellectual disabilities because of, like you said, society and how people can be. I thought I remembered your wife works with the ID population, so at least if he does - he's going to be a part of a family that can help him reach his maximum potential and be loved no matter what.

Hoping for a full-term pregnancy with a happy, healthy baby at the end of it Mouse.

Archived