TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

49 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

No doubt. My wife ran over our dog in the drive way a few hours ago. Just put him in the ground. It sucks when you try so hard to be a good human then you just end up kicking your own ***. 

Sorry to hear about that man. That sucks. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

No doubt. My wife ran over our dog in the drive way a few hours ago. Just put him in the ground. It sucks when you try so hard to be a good human then you just end up kicking your own ***. 

I'm sorry man. Couldn't even imagine. 

Yeah. He was really old and blind unfortunately and they loved each other. She didn't deserve to be the one to run him over, and obviously he didnt deserve to get hit. Life is hard. Crushed his pelvis and broke his spine. He didn't immediately go. He was put down in Austin, so she "got" to say bye I guess. Obviously she's destroyed. I'm upset. Dug a grave on the back acre.  

His name was Scooter

41 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah. He was really old and blind unfortunately and they loved each other. She didn't deserve to be the one to run him over, and obviously he didnt deserve to get hit. Life is hard. Crushed his pelvis and broke his spine. He didn't immediately go. He was put down in Austin, so she "got" to say bye I guess. Obviously she's destroyed. I'm upset. Dug a grave on the back acre.  

His name was Scooter

That is really, really tough...but you're right, she'll find some solace in the fact she got to say good-bye, even given the circumstances. 

44 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Was everyone up early this morning to catch the Royal Wedding ??  I couldn't even sleep last night the anticipation was so stressful. 

Lqtms

(Laughing quietly to my self)

So I know this is really bad timing. But I'm thinking of getting a dog (finally).

I really want to get a Bernese mountain dog. But thier life expectancy by looking around the internet scares me. 7-8  years? That's horrible. I'm not looking at it as a "efficient investmet", I'd be crushed if my dog passed away so young in terms of dog years.

I'm a first time dog owner with not much experience from my family since my mom was allergic to dogs & cats. But is there any truth to this?

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

So I know this is really bad timing. But I'm thinking of getting a dog (finally).

I really want to get a Bernese mountain dog. But thier life expectancy by looking around the internet scares me. 7-8  years? That's horrible. I'm not looking at it as a "efficient investmet", I'd be crushed if my dog passed away so young in terms of dog years.

I'm a first time dog owner with not much experience from my family since my mom was allergic to dogs & cats. But is there any truth to this?

It depends. Typically your extra large breeds don't tend to live as long as other breeds. That said, I do know of BMD's that have lived to be 10+ years old. Matter of fact, I've met a couple at shows. 

They are an amazing breed and I'd love to have one one of these days...but...Shepherds are probably where I'm going to be for the rest of my life xD That said, if you want to buy one from a good and reputable breeder, let me know. I'll help you get in touch with the right one. 

8 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Reason why? 

Good benefits, stability, decent pay to supplement what I'm currently making (which isn't much, but hoping to move up within the company)...I mean I may not even make it past the health screenings, but figured it's worth a shot.

Archived