TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

I really dislike when people are so arrogant as to believe that their protest should infringe upon others. For those of you who don't know, a bunch of malcontent kids are throwing a tantrum in several Publix (think, Krogers) by sprawling on the floor preventing families from doing their normal shopping unimpeded. 

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I really dislike when people are so arrogant as to believe that their protest should infringe upon others. For those of you who don't know, a bunch of malcontent kids are throwing a tantrum in several Publix (think, Krogers) by sprawling on the floor preventing families from doing their normal shopping unimpeded. 

Is Colin Kaep there?

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

This isn't a new thing...

15 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

This isn't a new thing...

I dislike all forms of protest in which you inconvenience someone else.

You want to chant. Go on a strike. Not eat. Kneel. Paint. Go for it. The moment you decide your cause is more important that the lives of others is when I get annoyed. Very quickly the way to turn me off to your agenda.

29 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I dislike all forms of protest in which you inconvenience someone else.

You want to chant. Go on a strike. Not eat. Kneel. Paint. Go for it. The moment you decide your cause is more important that the lives of others is when I get annoyed. Very quickly the way to turn me off to your agenda.

Maybe...but considering what they're protesting for, a slight inconvenience to someone else doesn't really matter all that much to me. 

44 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Maybe...but considering what they're protesting for, a slight inconvenience to someone else doesn't really matter all that much to me. 

Depends on what you consider inconvenience.

1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:

They are protesting for the worst possible reason - because they are upset that a corporation donates money a person. Never mind the fact this same corporation donates money to EVERYONE. They just happened to not like one person. Yes, I have a huge issue with you deciding to play politics. Your views do not trump my existence. 

Same thing when people block a highway. It is pure arrogance. What if someone needs to go to the Hospital. Is having a baby. Or just wants to get home? By you arrogantly believing your cause is more important than anyone else in the world is a quick way to turn me against you.

You’d have really hated the civil rights movement then. The sit-ins would have been a real inconvenience for you trying to eat your lunch. 

The point of these things (not that I know or even agree with this particular one) is to make it inconvient for you. To make you realize that the issue at hand is something that has a huge negative effect on people in our society. You don’t have to like it. You can even hate the protesters for it. But that’s the same mentality that many whites had during the Civil rights movement in the 60s. 

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

So what can you guys tell me about the Dallas area? What are the odds of me finding a relatively cheap rental with a dog on a $30k salary?

Pretty good. It's still Texas.

Archived