TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

40 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Plan im sure those cows are tearing up somewhere knowing they did not die in vain. That is a work of art.

And they tasted even better than they looked. If you have a smoker, here’s what I did:

Rub: 50/50 mix of Kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper.

Slather the ribs in yellow mustard before applying the rub.

Wood: 50/50 mix of post oak and almond wood.

Smoke at 285 degrees. After it’s been on the smoker for 3 hours, spray the meat with apple juice every 30 minutes until finished. Pull the meat when the internal temperature is 195-202. Once the bark is set and sticky and the meat has a nice jiggle, it’s ready. On my smoker, it’s almost always at 198 degrees.

If you’re interested, I can send the BBQ sauce recipe I made as well.

My wife has been placed into the hospital for monitoring. Baby has IUGR and will be coming early, we just aren’t sure how early hence the monitors. Almost to 29 weeks so he will need some NICU time no matter when he comes out. 

Weve been here for 48 hrs and I’m already losing my mind with boredom. 

9 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

My wife has been placed into the hospital for monitoring. Baby has IUGR and will be coming early, we just aren’t sure how early hence the monitors. Almost to 29 weeks so he will need some NICU time no matter when he comes out. 

sorry to hear this.Hang in there, better days are coming.

10 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Hope everything's going alright, Mouse. 

All the NSTs they’ve ran have been good. It’s just poor blood flow that we are worried about. Well have a clearer picture on Monday but we will have been in the hospital for 6 days by then. Just doing what I can to keep mama in good spirits but it’s been exhausting and I feel like I’m getting sick now lol

11 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

All the NSTs they’ve ran have been good. It’s just poor blood flow that we are worried about. Well have a clearer picture on Monday but we will have been in the hospital for 6 days by then. Just doing what I can to keep mama in good spirits but it’s been exhausting and I feel like I’m getting sick now lol

Hospital isn't exactly the best place to stay healthy. Lots of germs and if you're worn down that makes you that much more susceptible. Keep us posted.

On 05/07/2018 at 11:43 PM, MightyMouse07 said:

Hang in there.  Thinking good thoughts for you and your family.  Take care.

Archived