TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

Hi gang.

You may, or may not have, noticed my abscence. It was not for a disinterest in football but because of a personal catastrophe that has befallen me.

I have a fight ahead of me, for my life. This fight im told will take about 20 months, and if I fight hard enough and come home victorious..you guys will hear from my thinks-he-know-it-all mouth again.

However, if my battle goes the other way. I need to tell you all how much Ive fully enjoyed my time posting here these last .. idk, 8, 10? years now. I only found this place when I was removed as admin from the official dc.com forums for promoting a well spoken eagles fan as a moderator, but through it all, I had more fun posting here with you guys than there by a very wide margin. 

Guys i frequently disgaree with, or guys who appreciated and took home my every well educated football thoughts...ive enjoyed debating with you and I really hope to do so again someday. If I cannot, thank you all for all the fun.

Go Cowboys!

27 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Hi gang.

You may, or may not have, noticed my abscence. It was not for a disinterest in football but because of a personal catastrophe that has befallen me.

I have a fight ahead of me, for my life. This fight im told will take about 20 months, and if I fight hard enough and come home victorious..you guys will hear from my thinks-he-know-it-all mouth again.

However, if my battle goes the other way. I need to tell you all how much Ive fully enjoyed my time posting here these last .. idk, 8, 10? years now. I only found this place when I was removed as admin from the official dc.com forums for promoting a well spoken eagles fan as a moderator, but through it all, I had more fun posting here with you guys than there by a very wide margin. 

Guys i frequently disgaree with, or guys who appreciated and took home my every well educated football thoughts...ive enjoyed debating with you and I really hope to do so again someday. If I cannot, thank you all for all the fun.

Go Cowboys!

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that D94W. I'll be sending prayers and good vibes your way. Keep us posted good sir, and God bless.

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Hi gang.

Go Cowboys!

Well we are all rooting for you! Sending positive vibes and prayers to you. Stay strong and keep fighting. 

D94W, you have the full support of the forum, bud. Wishing you all the best in your fight. 

Try and keep in contact as you can and let us know how you’re doing.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I just noticed that D82 changed his name to D82. It's not a whole lot to work with but I guess we can shorten it to just "D."

I probably should have chosen a different number since Witt retired...

On 7/12/2018 at 2:18 PM, Dallas94Ware said:

Hi gang.

Go Cowboys!

DWare, you are in my prayers. In spite of any disagreements that occurred, we are all Cowboys brethren here. Don't you worry, you have the right attitude going in and you will come out strong.

As for a disinterest, I have been disinterested. Last year really showed me one of two things:

1. How vanilla and watered down this league has become

OR

2. How fixed it is.

You cannot tell me in a month of Sundays that a 2nd year HC with no prior HCing experience, a 2nd year QB-who could not finish the season due to injury, a bunch of FA's and trade players, playing with a multitude of back ups, including a QB that couldn't  win a starting job on 2 other teams could go into the playoffs, dominate and then defeat a 15 year dynasty  against the greatest QB and HC to ever participate in this league???

Sour grapes or not, I ain't buying it. Then combine that with all of the standing/ no standing ish, the inconsistencies in the suspension rulings, the PC issues flying around, domestic abuse, racial overtones, gender stuff, yadi, yada!!!

The game of football, the actual game, remember half time highlights on Monday Night Football, the circling aerial views of the stadiums before the games, remember when stadiums actually existed for more than 10 years,  same goes for uniforms, they were sacred, to alter them was almost unfathomable, teams were teams, drafted, home grown teams, not a bunch reshuffled, hired guns to try to get as many of the best players in the league to wear your colors so have the best chance to win a title?

That's not a TEAM in the true sense of the word, that is just what I called it, a bunch of players wearing your teams colors in the hopes of winning a title. They win, they get their ring, a larger offer from another franchise and go get rich somewhere else.

Nah, football as I remember it and love it has really lost its luster. It has become a freak show for people who will accept any set of circumstances that will increase their teams chances of winning and root for any off field trouble of other teams to decrease their chance of winning.

Games used to be decided on the field by teams that were built thru the draft, now it is 50/50, On field play combined with off-season issues and how they affect a team and FA signings.

I get that FA is just part of the game today, but it is really becoming like the NBA where good players who are not making it on a particular team are combining to form dream teams that really have little chance of losing.

It's like when I was kid and we used to choose up sides at the playground. Everyone knew who the fastest kid was or who had the nest arm or who could tackle the best or who had the most knowledge of the game. It would be unfair to put all of these guys on one team, the other guys had no chance. The answer, make the best players captains of opposite teams so they were assured not to be on the same side and a fair, balanced game could be played and enjoyed.

Sorry for the rant, I guess I just miss football, the football I used to know. To be honest, I have NEVER been so disinterested in the game or the upcoming season as I am now.

With that said, I will make a few predictions that I believe will just add insult to injury:

1. C. Tapper doesn't see the field again.

2. T. Charlton turns into a legit bust.

3. R. Gregory plays 4-6 games, shines and then gets busted again and removed from the league.

4. D. Prescott shows he was a one hit wonder. Has a terrible year.

5. Our O line suffers injuries and we have a repeat of last season's Atl game. 

6. Our WR corp is awful.

7. Zeke struggles, gets frustrated and becomes the new Dez Bryant distraction on the sidelines.

8. D. Bailey can't get it together.

9. J. Garrett gets replaced by week 11.

10. The team finishes 6-10, 3rd in the division.

Sorry gang, but I simply lost faith in this team, the league and the legitimacy of the league.

Archived