TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

25 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Yeah that's what last night was. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

No worries. In my case she was so irrational leaving baby girl at the hospital that there were times I would work all day, bring home something for dinner and we would stay there so late I would end up sleeping in my car at some point. This is temporary. In a blink of an eye youll be past this part. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, you have to go back to the archive TACT for the beginning of this but over a year ago I posted that I had finally got my bench up to 220. At the time, I had gone from benching 6 sets of 132 lbs. To 6 sets of 154, then 176, then 198. I would move up when I had hit 42 reps total at the end of the 6 sets. I had just moved up to 220, which is 5 pounds below the combine weight. I was super excited to see how I stacked up, and for the first time in my life could lift the combine weight for at least 1 rep, though it took me 30 years of life to do it. Well then I did that one thing where you stop working out real hard and start drinking a little here and there. I was unable to move up from 220 for over a year, and in fact went back down to 198.

Which is why the update never came.

But I am happy to report that I got my 2nd wind a few months ago, and as of yesterday... finally... after over a year.... I have moved up to 242. Was only able to get a few reps each set, but it feels good. And looks good on the bar

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

How are you getting these odd numbers? Do you have a weird bar?

I can only guess a Smith weight machine. Not entirely done with free weights if he is but it's still a nice goal to reach with only small differences between the two. But that's just a guess on my part. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I can only guess a Smith weight machine. Not entirely done with free weights if he is but it's still a nice goal to reach with only small differences between the two. But that's just a guess on my part. 

Is that the machine that keeps the bar level? I hate those damn things. That said, still proud of my man @DaBoys for breaking through a plateau and hitting personal highs.

Just now, DaBoys said:

Yeah, it's metric based, so my plates are 44s and I have 11s instead of 10s, 22s instead of 25s, and I have 5.5s, and 2.75s

..... What? .........How? ...... Why? 

Ive been lifting since I was 13. I have never seen metric free weights. Did you go get them from a canadian black market?

17 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No Smith machine. Just metric plates

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

..... What? .........How? ...... Why? 

Ive been lifting since I was 13. I have never seen metric free weights. Did you go get them from a canadian black market?

My uncle gave them to me at a family reunion back in 2012. I think he was trying to free up space in his garage, and asked if I wanted to load it in my truck.

It was a full squat rack. Looks exactly like this:

weider_pro_400.jpgand it came with a bunch of weights that look like this:

s-l300.jpg

Archived