Bowser's 3 Rounds Mock (without Tua)

BowserBroncos

On 12/6/2019 at 11:35 AM, BowserBroncos said:

27. Green Bay Packers - Laviska Shenault Jr. - WR - Colorado

The Packers haven't drafted a WR in the first round since they took Javon Walker in the 2002 NFL Draft.  Don't see that changing anytime soon.  In fact, the earliest they took a WR under TT or Gute was Jordy Nelson in 2008 in the early part of the second round.  But they've largely taken WRs late in the second round (Terrence Murphy, Greg Jennings, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams).  Not overly versed in this year's draft class yet, but they're probably focusing on OL (OT in particular) or DL.

59. Packers - Alaric Jackson - OT - Iowa

Not a bad fill of a need if they don't grab OL earlier.  This seems where they're primed to grab a WR.

91. Packers - Monty Rice - LB - Georgia

Meh.  Probably need to add more competition to the LB spot, but they could also add depth to EDGE if they have the opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

The Lions aren't going to take Simmons. He's probably a really good player but he doesn't fit the scheme. They want LB's that are 240-250 lbs +. 

Round 1: I'd probably go with Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy if we're sitting there with those guys on the board. Let's go with Thomas and sliding Decker over to RT. Two birds with one stone. Pick - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

Round 2: Pass-rusher is really our biggest gap on the whole team. If we don't address it in Rd 1 (and I didn't because the value wasn't there based on how your board is falling), I'd be looking at a guy like Weaver. Pick- Curtis Weaver, Edge, Boise State

Round 3: I don't hate the Tylan Wallace pick at all. However, the Lions have always struggled at running the ball. Kerryon can't stay healthy. We've had our best success as of late with UDFA RB and former Tide RB Bo Scarborough. Najee Harris is an upgraded version of Scarborough. A mix of Kerryon, Najee, Bo, Ty and JD with improved OL play should help this offense do what it wants to do. Run the ball and control the clock. Pick - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

The Lions aren't going to take Simmons. He's probably a really good player but he doesn't fit the scheme. They want LB's that are 240-250 lbs +. 

Round 1: I'd probably go with Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy if we're sitting there with those guys on the board. Let's go with Thomas and sliding Decker over to RT. Two birds with one stone. Pick - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

Round 2: Pass-rusher is really our biggest gap on the whole team. If we don't address it in Rd 1 (and I didn't because the value wasn't there based on how your board is falling), I'd be looking at a guy like Weaver. Pick- Curtis Weaver, Edge, Boise State

Round 3: I don't hate the Tylan Wallace pick at all. However, the Lions have always struggled at running the ball. Kerryon can't stay healthy. We've had our best success as of late with UDFA RB and former Tide RB Bo Scarborough. Najee Harris is an upgraded version of Scarborough. A mix of Kerryon, Najee, Bo, Ty and JD with improved OL play should help this offense do what it wants to do. Run the ball and control the clock. Pick - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

BTW - Thanks for putting this together. I know it's a ton of work and I always enjoy reading different mocks. Even if it's from a so-called expert, they're never that accurate anyway. It always helps to learn about the new guys coming and about the different teams around the league.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 12:35 PM, BowserBroncos said:

15. Browns - Austin Jackson - OT - USC

47. Browns - Ashtyn Davis - S - Cal

79. Browns - Solomon Kindley - OL - Georgia

89. Browns - Justin Madubuike - DT - Texas A&M

Very solid job on the four Browns picks.

All PAC-12 LT at USC - addresses one of the biggest needs on the Browns offense.

All PAC-12 S at Cal - Fifth year senior at Cal. I would expect him to be a solid day one contributor, if not a starter.

Kindley is one of the highest rated interior linemen in this draft. Right guard play on the Browns has been abysmal, to say the least.

Madubuike is a penetrating DT, leading the the Aggies in TFLs with 11.5.

Well done

• Like 1