GDT Ravens

soflbillsfan

I guess with the Bills being flexed and the Playoffs on our mind this is a thread that wasn't created. I am not good at this stuff on breaking it down so I will leave it to those who are good at it.

Beating the Ravens would shut the doubters mouths up by beating this team. It has always been Buffalo vs Everybody and I still believe in that. McDermott has been planing for this game the day after Thanksgiving and knows how big it is. Yes the defense needs to shut down this high power run offense, but the key to winning this game is the Offense. Daboll and Allen need to be on the same page and do two things, 1 kill as much clock as possible by preventing the Ravens offense to being on the field, and two do not settle for missed opportunities ie punts or field goals. If the bills offense can do 5+ minute drives that end in touchdowns it will not only make Lamar and their offense sit and watch but it will also force them to throw more and take out their strength which is the run game. 

Lawson, Oliver, Phillips, and Hughes have to bring pressure to Lamar and force him to run side ways and hope that Edmunds can play qb spot which will stop him from making big plays. 

I do believe this is the biggest test of the year and I think they will come out losing this game(hopefully im wrong) but I just hope it is not a Philly loss where they get blown out. They have a chance but they need to prevent from turning the ball over and making long drives with points on the board. We all know a win can put the bills in a great chance of not only making playoffs but winning the division and possibly landing the 1st seed. 

McDermott has been on staffs or been the DC of teams that has shut down Michael Vick, Colin Kaepernick and RG3 his rookie year. 

Lamar is a whole different animal though and will be the toughest test yet. I expect to see a lot more of ZO lined up at DE with Neal/Coleman in our big nickel. Edmunds may play close to the line of scrimmage all game. Milano and Edmunds give us a chance to slow this offense down but the real way to slow them down is our offense scoring points.

Foster and McKenzie could be keys to the game as last week showed Baltimore is susceptible to getting beat on outside runs. Allen needs to continue to play mistake free football because we can't give the Ravens offense more chances.

This is the kind of game I expect (more hope) we do a fake punt, go for it on 4th and short once past the 50 and maybe even another trick play. Our offense scoring points and forcing the Ravens to play catch-up is likely our best chance at winning. 

IMO we don't have to win this game in order for tomorrow to be successful. Just don't be another Philadelphia game.

I'll say:
Ravens 24
Bills 20

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

We win tomorrow and people will take us seriously... this game puts us on the map.

With that being said i dont think we win.

haha that is every bills fan mentality right now or at least most of them. Yes it would be a great win and ram it down the haters throats but I just see it as a tough game to win. Keeping it close is key and maybe the doubters will think they have a chance in the playoffs. They mocked bills 2 years ago going in to the playoffs I dont want to hear that stuff in a few weeks.

Heck even if the bills win out and get the #1 seed the media will still call it a weak AFC this year which allows a team like this to be on top. Either way I want this filth this media spews shut down as much as I want the bills to win it all. So I hope bills can pull it off 

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

We win tomorrow and people will take us seriously... this game puts us on the map.

With that being said i dont think we win.

Given what the Ravens have done lately, we could lose 24-20 and still be a team that needs to be taken seriously. Having said that, some teams have kept it close or even defeated them who I actually don't think are all that great. Browns rolled them (Ravens D couldn't stop anything that day)! The Steelers took them to OT (Jackson w/ 3 INT's and Ingram w/ 44 yds rushing). Cards gave them a solid game (They did it through the air...totaled 20 yds rushing). Even the Bengals kept it a 1-score game when they lost IN BALTIMORE (Shouldn't have been this close at all)! This team is not invincible. We have a legit chance of defeating them, especially if defensively we can clog some running lanes and force them to go to the air. We also would need to find some success running the ball ourselves, just to help keep our D rested somewhat. Long story short, I think we shock the league and hand them the L.

Ravens 23

Bills 24

14 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Bills show they're for real.. Matt Milano will likely spy Lamar Jackson and keep him somewhat in check. Josh Allen drives us Hauschka nails a late FG to win

Bills 23

Ravens 21

Chiefs go into Foxboro and take out the Pats 31-24 

A lot going on in these couple of sentences. I don't know what is a bolder comment Chiefs beating Pats and have back to back losses or the Hausch nailing a late FG to win.....hopefully your right on this.

31 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yeldon was such a waste of money.

He is not making much. Only a million... not much money being wasted...

Matt Milano is my x factor today... he is the key to stopping Lamar Jackson today. Both spying Jackson and covering Andrews