GDT Ravens

soflbillsfan

Biggest sting of today is everything, literally everything went our way except us winning.

Division is basically a pipe dream unless of course we think the Bengals have another Buffalo miracle in them or Fitzmagic comes back one more time.

Bills need 1 win in the final 3 games to clinch a playoff spot. I think it comes on Sunday Night Football. Bills defense > Steelers defense in all major/relevant categories except turnovers. Their Duck QB has not seen a defense like ours.

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Biggest sting of today is everything, literally everything went our way except us winning.

Division is basically a pipe dream unless of course we think the Bengals have another Buffalo miracle in them or Fitzmagic comes back one more time.

Bills need 1 win in the final 3 games to clinch a playoff spot. I think it comes on Sunday Night Football. Bills defense > Steelers defense in all major/relevant categories except turnovers. Their Duck QB has not seen a defense like ours.

Not true. We could go 1-2 and the Titans and Steelers could both go 3-0 and we’d be out.

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

Edit nvm, Texans and Titans are tied. You win

haha was just going to reply saying Texans would be 9-7 at best in your scenario.

Pretty crazy to think we've come this far in two years that instead of needing wins and crazy help, we just need 1 single win with 3 games left.

So i was posting from the stands today. I came away with some major takeaways.

1.Our defense is so legit, i love love love that unit in al facets.

2. Our offensive line got steamrolled, causing Josh to come up lame multiple times, that needs to be addressed going forward.

3. Great things happen when Devin Singletary and Cole Beasley touch the ball.

4. I love Knox and hate him again multiple times a game. How does he have those two brutal drops but make that ridiculous sideline catch?

5. Sean has to be better with timeouts/challenges. Seriously wtf did he have to lose by challenging that DPI?

6. We are resilient as hell. On days we aren’t good, we fight and don’t quit, and that really is a positive indictment on McD.

7. Brian Daboll needs to be better, how many times did he try the quick screen? It failed every time. Did we even try anything over the middle of the field before the last play to brown?

8. Josh needs to go to the side of the practice field and throw 10 million deep balls in a row until the connection begins to work.  

I think overall the Bills felt like the team that wanted it the most out of all the other clubs the Ravens have faced during their current win streak. Your guys didn't quit and kept finding ways to recharge their spirit/fight. Good luck going forward. I hope Josh Allen and that monstrous young defensive trio of Edmunds-White-Oliver continues to develop for you. 

13 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

2. Our offensive line got steamrolled, causing Josh to come up lame multiple times, that needs to be addressed going forward.

4. I love Knox and hate him again multiple times a game. How does he have those two brutal drops but make that ridiculous sideline catch?

5. Sean has to be better with timeouts/challenges. Seriously wtf did he have to lose by challenging that DPI?

6. We are resilient as hell. On days we aren’t good, we fight and don’t quit, and that really is a positive indictment on McD.

7. Brian Daboll needs to be better, how many times did he try the quick screen? It failed every time. Did we even try anything over the middle of the field before the last play to brown?

8. Josh needs to go to the side of the practice field and throw 10 million deep balls in a row until the connection begins to work.  

5. I assume the reason he didnt drop the red flag is because the way the season has been going with PI challenges it has been low at overturning so he didnt want to waste not only a time out but also the chance of challenging again had he lost it with a ton of time left. It is one of those tough decisions you have to take in to consideration, have the % of challenges for PI been higher then it may be best they try the challenge.

7. Daboll play calling sucked and his inept ability to make adjustments to help give allen protection is worrisome as this will likely be the way teams go after Allen in the future. It is a copy cat league so I expect Tomlin to do what the ravens did yesterday, giving the bills a hard time getting the offense going.

8. Josh is what he is, by throwing a few balls more this week isnt going to change the timing of his deep passes. He will need the entire offseason with Palmer to work on it but in the meantime Daboll needs to get a game plan of shorter routes that allow him to complete more passes.

Not challenging the PI is inexcusable IMO. We’ve been known to waste timeouts this year, we finished the game with a timeout in our pocket, and it would’ve been our first challenge of the game as well, so we would’ve had another. On top of it being a one possession game and that having a 40+ yard penalty on the line. Inexcusable. Sean has to be better in that area. The offensive line has to be better, our receivers and tight ends have to be better, and Josh has to be better.

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Can't wait for Josh Allen to smash Lamar in the playoffs.

10 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Not challenging the PI is inexcusable IMO. We’ve been known to waste timeouts this year, we finished the game with a timeout in our pocket, and it would’ve been our first challenge of the game as well, so we would’ve had another. On top of it being a one possession game and that having a 40+ yard penalty on the line. Inexcusable. Sean has to be better in that area. The offensive line has to be better, our receivers and tight ends have to be better, and Josh has to be better.

They more than tried to make up for it with the personal fouls on Earl Thomas and Micheal Pierce... the refs sucked yesterday no denying it but the calls definitely went the bills way... I mean even the TD pass Lamar threw to hurst was a roughing the passer no call.... What ever happened to the rule where u can’t hit the QB below the waste while in the pocket... lol... but either way good game... it’s weird though cause all of a sudden no matter who we play the media is more impressed with the other team in a loss than they are of us in a win lmao..

3 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

They more than tried to make up for it with the personal fouls on Earl Thomas and Micheal Pierce... the refs sucked yesterday no denying it but the calls definitely went the bills way... I mean even the TD pass Lamar threw to hurst was a roughing the passer no call.... What ever happened to the rule where u can’t hit the QB below the waste while in the pocket... lol... but either way good game... it’s weird though cause all of a sudden no matter who we play the media is more impressed with the other team in a loss than they are of us in a win lmao..

Not sure why you are quoting me, i never once blamed a ref for the no call, i blamed our coach for not challenging.

13 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Not sure why you are quoting me, i never once blamed a ref for the no call, i blamed our coach for not challenging.

I’m just talking about if it’s a missed call or not... if it was indeed a PI which I think was a reasonable assessment btw... it shouldn’t have come down to the coach to have to challenge it... they never change em anyway so that probably came into the decision as well it’s been nearly 100 challenges of PI and I believe the turnover percentage is between 10-15 percent...  I’m certain that came into account in the decision to preserve the TO instead of a futile challenge based on the calls they have refused to change this season... I honestly wasn’t calling u out though just voicing my opinion on the overall officiating this season and how that probably impacted the fear to challenge a potentially blown call along with the bad calls I feel allowed the game to be so suspenseful near the end 

Edited by bmorecareful

2 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

I’m just talking about if it’s a missed call or not... if it was indeed a PI which I think was a reasonable assessment btw... it shouldn’t have come down to the coach to have to challenge it... they never change em anyway so that probably came into the decision as well it’s been nearly 100 challenges of PI and I believe the turnover percentage is between 10-15 percent...  I’m certain that came into account in the decision to preserve the TO instead of a futile challenge based on the calls they have refused to change this season... I honestly wasn’t calling u out though just voicing my opinion on the overall officiating this season and how that probably impacted the fear to challenge a potentially blown call along with the bad calls I feel allowed the game to be so suspenseful near the end 

There were plenty of bad calls on both teams. To say the Bills got the better end of the calls is just you being a homer. The one penalty the refs missed that wasn’t a judgement call was 12 men in the huddle against the Ravens. That can’t be disputed.

On 12/8/2019 at 5:35 PM, bigbadbuff said:

15 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

5. I assume the reason he didnt drop the red flag is because the way the season has been going with PI challenges it has been low at overturning so he didnt want to waste not only a time out but also the chance of challenging again had he lost it with a ton of time left. It is one of those tough decisions you have to take in to consideration, have the % of challenges for PI been higher then it may be best they try the challenge.

7. Daboll play calling sucked and his inept ability to make adjustments to help give allen protection is worrisome as this will likely be the way teams go after Allen in the future. It is a copy cat league so I expect Tomlin to do what the ravens did yesterday, giving the bills a hard time getting the offense going.

8. Josh is what he is, by throwing a few balls more this week isnt going to change the timing of his deep passes. He will need the entire offseason with Palmer to work on it but in the meantime Daboll needs to get a game plan of shorter routes that allow him to complete more passes.

Didn't watch the game until I got home yesterday evening. I think my wife went to bed believing I HATED the Bills! LOL! All in all, that was a frustrating game...in terms of coaching. I, too, would have challenged that deep PI non-call. Literally wrapped his left hand around the receiver's waist even before he hit him on the head.

The main problem though is nothing new...Daboll can't stop shooting himself and our offense in the foot. Those deep balls kept coming even after the one pass stalled in mid air! Josh may have a strong arm and may even get some very good rotation on the ball, but at some point (and that point was definitely yesterday) the winds are just too strong to allow for an effective passing game...especially deep since the ball's revolutions slow drastically on those longer passes. We should have been attacking the middle more with short to intermediate routes and attempting more outside runs. Heck, does Daboll ever even try pitching the ball outside to RB's to get a jump on that movement? I can't recall ever seeing either Gore or Singletary (who would benefit the most from it) ever getting a pitch. It's always the same pistol/RPO stuff over and over. They kept attacking from the edge, trying to get to Josh...switching focus to the RB if it was a run. We needed to find a way to get by their outside shoulders as they drove to the point behind the pocket. The closest we came to that was by running multiple screen attempts, telegraphed by our attempts to set up blocks.They were all over those after getting burnt once.

The next significant problem was our OL. They looked horribad out there. Part of that has to be due to the Ravens impressive D, though. Gotta say, I under-estimated their secondary. They played even better than our guys as I don't recall any of them blowing coverages resulting in 60+ yard scores from TE's! The rush though was relentless. They attacked from all over the field. Was really some brilliant game planning on their part. Still, Dawkins was a serious weak spot and Spain and Morse weren't any better. It didn't help that we didn't get any real blocking help from the TE's either. Point blank, we need to find a stud OT this off-season. Dawkins simply is "just good enough" and that doesn't cut it when we should be capable of doing some damage in the playoffs.

Addressing our team's resiliency (#6), that is a sign to me that the players do have faith in the staff...even Daboll. That is awesome! You can't coach that sort of thing. Either you have that hunger to win or you don't. Still, I can't stop kicking that dead horse...Daboll has no freaking common sense. He focused so much on trying to get big strikes and probably hoping to get the Ravens in a position that they would be playing catch-up from the get-go, that he gave away our home field advantage. We should have been taking short yardage stuff/whatever the Ravens' D would give us. That coupled with a loud home crowd, should have been a bigger asset than it was. It also would have limited Josh's reliance on his weakest passing characteristic, the lack of good deep-ball accuracy and our OL's ability to protect him for any extended time-frame anyway.

Finally, as good as our D is, holy carp, does Jackson got some insane athletic ability! He's a one of a kind player...even more shifty than Vick was supposed to be. That stop-start he did along the sidelines during the 1st quarter was wicked! Any other mobile QB in the league would have been maintained by our D. And, yeah, I know we ended up holding him to some relatively low yardage, but he took what we gave him and made us pay, even if it involved sloppy backyard-type of plays. He did what he had to do to get the win, without trying to play Heroball. Barring injuries, he is going to be a nightmare for years to come. Especially since the Ravens force opposing D's to put some thicker (and likely slower) players on the field to deal with the power of their TE's. Again, really brilliantly planned stuff from their coaching staff.

• Like 1

I’ve visited this forum before and as a Vikings fan, I still can’t explain why I like the Bills.  No real reason, just always have.  You guys looked TOUGH out there on Sunday. More physical and an elite defense.  At least from the highlights. I’m not a Bills expert but if you guys would have had a bit more offense, you would’ve won.  I see the Bills knocking off New England in the playoffs and hopefully the Ravens as well.  

How is Ed Oliver doing for you guys? He was my favorite player in the draft.  I’ll be rooting for the Bills in the AFC   

Edited by Torchezim
  • Like 1