redskins vs cowboys : which franchise is more of a mess?

offbyone

redskins vs cowboys : which franchise is more of a mess?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. redskins vs cowboys : which franchise is more of a mess?

First of all, let me just say it brings joy to my heart that this question can be asked in a serious manner. 

We all know the redskins problems, but wow the cowboys are a mess too.Here are some cursory thoughts:

-I think most people can agree, that the cowboys are somehow squeezing less juice out of their talent than the redskins.  

-Thereby, the cowboys coaching staff appears to be just as bad or worse than the redskins interim coaching staff.

-As much as the redskins owner, ahem Mr. Snyder, is bad, it is pretty hard to think you would trade him for Jerry Jones who does things like multiple press conference a day, negotiates his player contracts himself and interacts with the players through the media and likes to be on the field on game day.  

-The redskins front office biggest problem is Bruce Allen and it is a big problem.  But the cowboys have their owner playing GM.  Both bad situations.

I mean Bruce is a reflection of Dan, so you can’t say Dan isn’t a problem.  I also get annoyed at all the people saying the Cowboys are so talented and they’re only being held back by the coaches.  That Dallas roster is severely overrated.

That being said they both suck.  I’d still vote the redskins as more hopeless.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean Bruce is a reflection of Dan, so you can’t say Dan isn’t a problem.  I also get annoyed at all the people saying the Cowboys are so talented and they’re only being held back by the coaches.  That Dallas roster is severely overrated.

That being said they both suck.  I’d still vote the redskins as more hopeless.

To be clear, I wasn't trying to imply that Dan isn't a problem.  Just comparing him to Jerry.  From the front office side, this isn't about so much Dan and Bruce, but Dan and Bruce vs Jerry and Jerry.

Should be Dan & Bruce vs Jerry & Stephen. Don't forget Stephen Jones has a lot of influence on what the Cowboys do as well and has swayed his farther in several ways and personnel decisions.

I don't think this is even close, it's the Redskins.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I'd take their QB, RB, entire OL - except for surprisingly Flowers at LG - TE and all of their WRs (Cooper, Gallup & Cobb) over ours but McLaurin.

Also, on D, I'd take both of their edge rushers, all of their LBs, Byron Jones over our #2 corner & Xavier Woods over Nicholson.

The truth is the Cowboys are a talented team but, they are now hitting the tough stretch of their schedule. They haven't beaten a winning team all season but, I'd definitely take their roster over the Redskins roster except for our interior DL players, Collins & Dunny.

As much as I hate Jerry, I'd take him over Dan as an owner every day of the week and twice on Sunday's. Jerry is the guy you hate bc he acts like his ish don't stink and he's overly arrogant in public.

Dan is just a loser, he doesn't know what the hell he is doing, trusts the wrong people and puts the wrong people in place to run his franchise. He and Brice are arrogant and oblivious but mostly don't go to the media about it. They hide around like little rats slowly eating away at a once-proud franchises fan base and, for as much as I hate Jerry, he would never do that. He’s much smarter than Dan and will do anything to keep his fanbase happy. Dan seems to be deliberately doing the opposite while he continuously alienates his fanbase.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No they aren’t.

Yes they are. They have the talent but for some reason haven't used their best talent on offense enough. For example, the Cowboys should be a run first team bc they have Elliot, Pollard as a change of pace and, they can use Dak on the zone-read but, they come out and sling it around with Dak too much, which isn't his or their strength on offense.

I'll also point out that the Dallas defense has gotten worse since Leighton Vander Esch got hurt. I was very skeptical of where they drafted him, but he's an amazing player and their D has missed him a lot. 

If he was healthy, their kicker hadn't missed so many makeable kicks and if they would go back to being a run-first team they would have 3 or 4 more wins.

Having Dak throw the ball 38 times a game is just stupid. It's awful coaching and awful game planning.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

Redskins by far.

Cowboys are a decent coach away from being a 10+ win team

You could say the same things about the redskins. 

Plus by next year Elliot will have a lot of miles on those tires.  That amazing oline seems to be getting more beat every year.  etc.  Their talent window is closing.

call me crazy but I think as of right now we are set up better for the future and my main reasons for that is with the cowboys roster, they should be much better than what they are and also we are in a better position to add and build due to the cap situation.

Dak is gonna get at least 33 mil a year and if Amari Cooper signs back then that will be literally all of their cap room. They are paying their Zeke the most of any RB in the league. as far as who is better right now? I give it to Dallas, but future wise I would say us

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

You could say the same things about the redskins. 

Plus by next year Elliot will have a lot of miles on those tires.  That amazing oline seems to be getting more beat every year.  etc.  Their talent window is closing.

No, I don’t think you can. The Redskins roster is not as talented as the Cowboys roster. For some reason the Cowboys have not relied on Zeke & Pollard as much as most people thought they would and should and they have thrown the ball on average 38 times a game with Dak, and that’s a recipe for disaster most games.

The Redskins roster is littered with journeymen and young players who are developing except for a handful of players. Everyone who was being truly honest before the season predicted that the Redskins would win 6 games at most. That was never predicted about the Cowboys bc everyone knew the Cowboys had a better roster.

Edited by turtle28

33 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

call me crazy but I think as of right now we are set up better for the future and my main reasons for that is with the cowboys roster, they should be much better than what they are and also we are in a better position to add and build due to the cap situation.

Dak is gonna get at least 33 mil a year and if Amari Cooper signs back then that will be literally all of their cap room. They are paying their Zeke the most of any RB in the league. as far as who is better right now? I give it to Dallas, but future wise I would say us

I see where you’re going with that. I think most people can agree that in a few years we could have a better team if we draft well and use our cap space correctly, but as you said, currently Dallas is in a better position to win.