NFL 100 team

3rivers

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The greatest WR and CB, S, RB and arguably LB, OG and QB all started thier careers in the 70's or 80's (some very early 90's).

THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME AT THOSE POSITIONS.

"You think _____ Corner is athletic as Deion Sanders"... You are being absurd.

Yeah the 80's were the beginnings of the modern days. If you go back in my posts I actually use Deion as an example. Guys like Walter Peyton, Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, etc. etc. - those guys were savages.

The guys from the 40's, 50's and such? Nah.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah the 80's were the beginnings of the modern days. If you go back in my posts I actually use Deion as an example. Guys like Walter Peyton, Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, etc. etc. - those guys were savages.

Really it started in the 60s with Jim Brown. And basically you are saying no one counts before the NFL stopped being racist. 

LOL. The 2019 Bengals would look like an unstoppable force if you just transported them from today to back then. But the 1980s, 40 years ago, was the beginning of the modern day NFL athlete? As in, they could just step in and compete today? When the average offensive lineman was 260 to 270 pounds? :)

Edited by PapaShogun

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The guys from the 40s paved the way for the guys from the 50s. The guys from the 50s paved the way for the guys in the 60s. The guys from the 70s paved the way for the guys from the 80s. It's a linear progression. The game evolves just a bit every year, it's a beautiful thing. Your decision to start in the 1980s is completely arbitrary. Which year in particular do you think we should start considering NFL history? And why not the year before?  

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

The guys from the 40s paved the way for the guys from the 50s. The guys from the 50s paved the way for the guys in the 60s. The guys from the 70s paved the way for the guys from the 80s. It's a linear progression. The game evolves just a bit every year, it's a beautiful thing. Your decision to start in the 1980s is completely arbitrary. Which year in particular do you think we should start considering NFL history? And why not the year before?  

We should always pay attention to history, but you can simultaneously acknowledge the foundation the guys in the 50's or 60's laid down for future generations while also acknowledging that they were not even close to the players that were on the field in the 80's and beyond.

12 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We should always pay attention to history, but you can simultaneously acknowledge the foundation the guys in the 50's or 60's laid down for future generations while also acknowledging that they were not even close to the players that were on the field in the 80's and beyond.

How good a player is should be determined by how well one performs against one's peers. It is obvious that advances in training and nutrition have produced better athletes as time progresses.