NFL 100 team

3rivers

On 12/7/2019 at 3:28 PM, VanS said:

- Derrick Thomas not making it is insane.  He's the second best pass rushing LB of all-time after Lawrence Taylor.  He shoulda been a no-brainer.

- Marshall Faulk and LaDanian Tomlinson should also be there but I can understand why they were left off since they had to give the pre-modern eras some love.

- Troy Polamalu is not an eggregious exclusion.  He was great but not really the sort of guy I would think of as an all-time legend.

Polamalu being left off is pathetic tbh. An absolute generational player. Best SS to play the game.

We all agree these lists are mostly a joke and feel good media for past players? They should of just gave an honorable mention to anyone who played with no facemask or single bar lol

Most of the guys who played before 1960 wouldn't be on the practice squad today and only including a select few of todays players is disingenuious. The people voting on this are mostly from previous decades and want to hype their era, which I get,  but to say these guys are the top 100 ever is pretty laughable.

No Marshall Fault or Tomlinson in favor of Steve Van Buren? Earl "Dutch" Clark or Marion Motley? COme on. This $hit is feel good TV.

No Brian Urlacher, but we got Joe Schmidt or Bobby Bell?

DE has some guy named Bill Hewitt and Doug Atkins and Gino Marchetti, but no Kevin Greene(Maybe hes a LB, but not listed their either). Julius Peppers anyone? Dwight Freeney? Michael Strahan?!

DT doesn't have Aaron Donald or Warren Sapp. So there goes that list.

CB doesn't have Revis or Charles Woodson.

OT has no Orlando Pace .

Center has someone named Mel Hein from 1931-1945 on there. COME ON.

If WR doesnt have Moss, Calvin Johnson, and TO in favor of Steve Largent or something Im going to bug.

5 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

oy.  [thumb down]

Why not? Tomlinson in his prime was better than any other RB prime, IMO. The dude did everything. He had nasty speed, agility, balance, and power. Plus he was a stud in the passing game. One of the first RB's to dominate out of the backfield like that.

He was able to truck you, juke you, spin past you, stiff-arm you, or just turn on the jets and be gone.

The only flaw in his game is that he might get injured.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why not? Tomlinson in his prime was better than any other RB prime, IMO. The dude did everything. He had nasty speed, agility, balance, and power. Plus he was a stud in the passing game. One of the first RB's to dominate out of the backfield like that.

He was able to truck you, juke you, spin past you, stiff-arm you, or just turn on the jets and be gone.

The only flaw in his game is that he might get injured.

10 playoff games, he averaged about 37 yards a game. This is not exactly what I call "best ever" caliber. Sorry.

10 hours ago, lancerman said:

LT would have played on worse fields and would have been asked to play both sides and the pass game wasn’t as pronounced so he’d shoulder the burden more. He’d definitely get hanged up more 

LT isn’t even a top 5 all time if you only consider the 60’s on. 

Maybe switch Sayers out for him, but aside from that all the SB era guys are better, Brown was better. And the rest are such a different era it’s nearly impossible to compare 

Yes he is. Only RBs above him are prolly Brown, Barry and Payton. Maybe Emmitt. Outside of that, LT has a legit argument over any RB in NFL history, any era

Including the 4 i named.

LT did stuff no other RBs ever have. From a production, consistency and efficiency level. He has the mvp, all pros and probowls. Your argument for others over him is very flimsy at best.

Edited by Bearerofnews

10 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

We all agree these lists are mostly a joke and feel good media for past players? They should of just gave an honorable mention to anyone who played with no facemask or single bar lol

Most of the guys who played before 1960 wouldn't be on the practice squad today and only including a select few of todays players is disingenuious. The people voting on this are mostly from previous decades and want to hype their era, which I get,  but to say these guys are the top 100 ever is pretty laughable.

No Marshall Fault or Tomlinson in favor of Steve Van Buren? Earl "Dutch" Clark or Marion Motley? COme on. This $hit is feel good TV.

No Brian Urlacher, but we got Joe Schmidt or Bobby Bell?

DE has some guy named Bill Hewitt and Doug Atkins and Gino Marchetti, but no Kevin Greene(Maybe hes a LB, but not listed their either). Julius Peppers anyone? Dwight Freeney? Michael Strahan?!

DT doesn't have Aaron Donald or Warren Sapp. So there goes that list.

CB doesn't have Revis or Charles Woodson.

OT has no Orlando Pace .

Center has someone named Mel Hein from 1931-1945 on there. COME ON.

If WR doesnt have Moss, Calvin Johnson, and TO in favor of Steve Largent or something Im going to bug.

The list that leaked today did indeed have Steve Largent but no T.O.

Maybe they'll change it tho

15 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Polamalu being left off is pathetic tbh. An absolute generational player. Best SS to play the game.

When I saw Ray Lewis play I knew I was watching something special.  Same with Ed Reed.  Can't say I felt like that about Polamalu.  He was good but not in the same way those guys were.

Edited by VanS

5 minutes ago, VanS said:

When I saw Ray Lewis play I knew I was watching something special.  Same with Ed Reed.  Can't say I felt like that about Polamalu.  He was good but not in the same way those guys were.

That makes you 'special'.

Troy Polamalu was every bit as good as a SS as Ed Reed was as a FS. 2 different skill sets, both generational players. Of course your takes on players are generally way off so I'm not shocked by your take on Troy. 

I think they tried to get an equal amount of guys from every era. 

The athletes of today would destroy the ones from 20 years ago, let alone 100 years ago. So, they tried to balance it out and get players from different eras. 

Makes sense to me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

That makes you 'special'.

Troy Polamalu was every bit as good as a SS as Ed Reed was as a FS. 2 different skill sets, both generational players. Of course your takes on players are generally way off so I'm not shocked by your take on Troy. 

Troy was amazing for sure, who would you leave off the list?