Week 15 GDT - The El Rammy's v. The Jerruh Boys: 6-10 here we come?

D82

1 hour ago, Ace5 said:

Ive heard this about at least 3 losses this year. I don't think it's happening guys. 

I dont think it will either, but seeing that most of us want to lose to start the GTFO party, this is where we find a way to win, just to drag out the pain a bit longer.

Solid matchup of two very innovative and creative coaching staffs...

expect rams to march down the field at will all game with Mcvay easily reading the defense and giving Goff every target pre snap. On offense expect cowboys to be playing from behind all day slowly phasing out Zeke and allowing Donald and rest of dline to just focus on attacking Dak. 

rams take this like 31-17, but game never feels close once they get past mid way in second quarter....

4 hours ago, Ace5 said:

Ive heard this about at least 3 losses this year. I don't think it's happening guys. 

Agreed. I felt this way about the Patriots, Bills.

BUT until 8-8 is mathematically eliminated then I can't bet against Jason Garrett. He is a proven vet at acquiring 8-8 records.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

When was the last time we went 8-8?

Do you watch the Dallas Cowboys?

Garrett has like three real 8-8 seasons. He has a 4-12 that he canceled with a 12-4. We went 10-6 last year so 6-10 makes sense this year. Jason Garrett is King 8-8.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:
6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

When was the last time we went 8-8?

Do you watch the Dallas Cowboys?

Garrett has like three real 8-8 seasons. He has a 4-12 that he canceled with a 12-4. We went 10-6 last year so 6-10 makes sense this year. Jason Garrett is King 8-8.

Nope. I dont watch. So when was the last time we went 8-8? 

PS: Most teams/coaches over sufficient amounts of time hover around .500:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/784512/nfl-team-ranking-by-all-time-regular-season-winning-percentage/

Its the nature of parity. 

PPS: This isnt me defending Garrett, its simply making fun of old material. There is plenty of new material to use. 

Edited by Matts4313

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Nope. I dont watch. So when was the last time we went 8-8? 

Look Garrett went 8-8 every year for 3 years straight when he got the job. He developed a reputation then and there. You are aware of it. You are playing dumb. After those 3 straight 8-8s he has had really great years followed by really tumultuous years. He is the epitome of mediocrity, and if that's "your superbowl then Garrett is your Lombardi."

Just because it's been a while since an actual 8-8 doesn't mean he shook his reputation. People don't forget, and he still has a chance this year. That would be an unprecedented FOUR 8-8s in nine full seasons, and an uninspiring 66% outside those seasons.

I'm just having a bit of fun at his expense.

I know a bunch of your heroes are getting fired but the rest of us are partying sooo...

tenor.gif

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Look Garrett went 8-8 every year for 3 years straight when he got the job. He developed a reputation then and there. You are aware of it. You are playing dumb. After those 3 straight 8-8s he has had really great years followed by really tumultuous years. He is the epitome of mediocrity, and if that's "your superbowl then Garrett is you Lombardi."

Just because it's been a while since an actual 8-8 doesn't mean he shook his reputation. People don't forget, and he still has a chance this year. That would be an unprecedented FOUR 8-8s in nine full seasons, and an uninspiring 66% outside those seasons.

I'm just having a bit of fun at his expense.

I know a bunch of your heroes are getting fired but the rest of us are partying sooo...

tenor.gif

• Like 1

I wasn't sure where to put this, but the title thread says 6-10 here we come. 

The Eagles are currently losing to the Giants at halftime.  Their remaining schedule is against the Redskins, us, and the Giants.  We have to play the Rams, the Eagles, and Washington.  Using the ESPN Playoff Machine, we could lose every game here on out, go 6-10 and win the NFC East if Philly loses to the Giants twice, loses to Washington, and beats the Cowboys.  I dont think that has ever happened before and it would be extraordinarily depressing if we not only limped into the playoffs but basically had our dead carcass flop across the finish line.