UPDATE - Remixxxxxxx 2018 4 round mock draft v2 (10/9 update)

Scalamania

On 12/9/2017 at 10:32 PM, Remixxxxxxx said:

2. San Fancisco 49ers    Sam Darnold, QB, University of Southern California
2. San Fancisco 49ers    Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State
6. San Francscio 49ers - from New Orleans Saints    Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
2. San Fancisco 49ers    Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M
3. San Francisco 49ers - from Chicago Bears    Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
31. San Francsico 49ers - from Pittsburgh Steelers    Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

I would be a very happy 9er fan if this happens in 2018.

I might rate OT, S and CBs a little bit different - but love the picks.

Would have loved to see them addressing their passrush as well (SAM or LEO), but you can't have it all...

On 9/13/2017 at 9:22 AM, Kparty15 said:

This is absolutely a terrible draft for the Vikings.  The Vikings are really young and don't have a ton of needs, but by far our top two needs are OT and OG.  Then later in the draft SS, UT, WLB could be addressed in any order.

1.  In the 1st you have us taking a DT, but we already have a top DL in the league.  We could potentially be getting Shariff Floyd back from injury and just drafted Jaleel Johnson who looks like he could be a starter for us also.  UT could be a late round need and NT isn't a need at all.

If one of the top OT's isn't available then this pick needs to be OG Quenton Nelson to replace the retiring Joe Berger at RG.

2.  In the second you have us taking a CB which I could understand as a late round pick, but it isn't an early round need at all since we already have Xavier Rhodes, Tray Waynes, and MacKenzine Alexander on the roster; all of whom are already good or developing well.

This pick should also be used to address the OL.  I would Ben very happy to see OT Trey Adams or OG Billy Price at that pick.  I'm almost certain the Vikings will trade up in the 2nd to get the guy they want.

3.  Then in the third you have us taking a WR which is arguably our deepest position.  Stefon Diggs, Adam Theilen, Michael Floyd, Laquon Treadwell, and Jarius Wright are all very high quality WRs for us.  Then we also have rookies Rodney Adams and Stacey Coley on the roster.  And we also have WR Cayleb Jones on our practice squad who tore up preseason and easily played well enough to earn a spot on an NFL roster.  It would be a huge mistake for us to address WR before the 6th round.

I think you're a bit too focused on the Vikings offensive line.  For a team that has needed help there for as long as they have, they have seemed disinterested in using early picks to address it. 

1. The Vikings have a top DL, but they have two defensive tackles hitting free agency.  One of those two may be forced to retire due to injury.  Now I liked the selection of Jaleel Johnson.  I thought that was a good value where they got him.  But that doesn't mean he's the answer. 

2. It wasn't an early round need the last time the Vikings drafted a cornerback in the second round either.  If the Vikings can use a second round pick on MacKenzie Alexander when they had Xavier Rhodes, Trae Waynes, Terrence Newman and Captain Munnerlyn, they can use a second round pick on a cornerback when they have Rhodes, Waynes and Alexander.  Especially with how little Alexander has shown.

3. I do agree with you about wide receiver to some extent, but even so it's not outside of the realm of possibility.  Floyd is going to be a free agent and Treadwell hasn't shown much so far, even when the VIkings passing game was clicking on all cylinders week one.

The Vikings clearly still need help on their offensive line.  Mike Remmers may be better than T.J. Clemmings, but that doesn't mean he's good.  But the Vikings have fifty plus million in cap room next year and it's entirely possible they will continue to address offensive line through free agency and mid round picks. 

Christian Kirk is vastly overrated, I doubt he goes in the 1st round. Give me Ridley, St. Brown or Cain there.

You would have to think Howie makes a move to package two of those 4ths for a day 2 pick; not saying that's what you should've done, just a general thought. Dawson is a good value pick there. Not Scott's biggest fan, but he's a solid 4th round value as well. Haven't seen much of O'Connell, but he seems solid as well. Big guy who has moved around Washington State's offensive line.

its a decent mock for the jags.  the whole big thing the jags need to figure out first and foremost is the Resigning/Tagging of WR Allen Robinson whos set to be a FA and is coming off an ACL surgery now.

if we dont keep A-rob id like to go Sutton, Falk, Cameron Smith and Frank Ragnaw.  Sutton would replace A-rob as a redzone threat. Falk should be a decent QB option. Cameron smith could potentially Start for us at LB somewhere. Ragnaw could maybe solve the interior oline.

if we keep Arob im taking Christian Wilkens round 1. the dudes a freak. i know hes not a need pick but i dont think u can puss up the next Mccoy/Suh especially for a QB whos fairly Scheme Dependent in Lamar Jackson whos best attribute as a QB would be his Athletic abilities.  in round 2 i like Billy price more then Crowder as a guard.  round 3 i take RIley ferguson as a potential qb. round 4 i go with Ragnaw as we could really use 2 new starting guards imo as AJ Cann Blows and im not buying him being that good even tho our oline played good vs the texans. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived