UPDATE - Remixxxxxxx 2018 4 round mock draft v2 (10/9 update)

Scalamania

On 9/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, Remixxxxxxx said:

1. New York Giants    Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

If the Giants draft a running back #1 overall and completely pass on a quarterback in such a QB heavy draft, they deserve what happens to them.

4. Los Angeles Chargers    Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

Makes sense in theory, but it would surprise me given the contract they just gave Okung. They seem to be stuck with him.  Do you think they would give Brown the Lane Johnson treatment?

8. Cincinnati Bengals    Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

8. Cincinnati Bengals    Will Hernandez, OG, University of Texas El-Paso

8. Cincinnati Bengals    Marcus Allen, S, Penn State

8. Cincinnati Bengals    Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida

Cincinnati passing on a cornerback for four whole rounds in an even number season?  That can't happen.  :P

24. Jacksonville Jaguars    Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M

I take it you think they will be letting go of Allen Robinson?

Oakland Raiders    Iman Marshall, CB, University of Southern California

A year after drafting Conley in the first?

22. New York Jets - from Seattle Seahawks    Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky

The Jets have needed a quality edge rusher for a decade plus.  I don't think they would end that streak now.  It just doesn't seem to be how their defense is constructed.

29. Cleveland Browns - from Philadelphia Eagles    Tyquan Lewis, EDGE, Ohio State

Time to replace Emmanuel Ogbah and Carl Nassib?

4. Los Angeles Chargers    Duke Ejiofor, EDGE, Wake Forest

The Chargers have Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa at D-end.  Where would Ejiofor line up?

24. Jacksonville Jaguars    Marcell Frazier, EDGE, Missouri

The Jaguars have one of the best pass rushes (and aside from Calais Campbell, one of the youngest too) in the NFL and just drafted a defensive end in the third round last year. 

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, Remixxxxxxx said:

First time posting a mock in quite some time  - I did not make the draft order so please don't get riled up about where your team is slotted.  If you feel like I missed someone or missed on your teams need please leave some feedback. I'm going to try and update this weekly/bi-weekly 

ROUND ONE
28. Atlanta Falcons    Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

ROUND TWO
28. Atlanta Falcons    Will Clapp, OL, Louisiana State University

ROUND THREE
28. Atlanta Falcons    Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech

ROUND FOUR

28. Atlanta Falcons    Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State

Big rotational 1 and 3 tech DT that would start if Poe leaves

6'5", 314 lb ZBS LG/C/RG (would play LG here)

Rotational pass rusher

Potential long-term replacement for Coleman.

I like it a lot. Nice work.

6. Indianapolis Colts    Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
6. Indianapolis Colts    Martez Ivey, OL, Florida
6. Indianapolis Colts    Da'Shawn Hand, DL, Alabama
6. Indianapolis Colts    Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama

Looks good to me.

I'd probably go with a CB/RB over DL if I'm being picky.  Also I'm not sure Landry is worth such a high pick at this point, but we sure are desperate for a pass rusher.

18 hours ago, Crickett said:

If the Giants draft a running back #1 overall and completely pass on a quarterback in such a QB heavy draft, they deserve what happens to them.

I don't think quarterback is the problem for the Giants - drafting a new quarterback isn't going to fix the issues the have on offense, so I took the BPA approach with them.

Makes sense in theory, but it would surprise me given the contract they just gave Okung. They seem to be stuck with him.  Do you think they would give Brown the Lane Johnson treatment?

I could see them plugging Brown in on the right side for the time being - much like Lane.

I take it you think they will be letting go of Allen Robinson?

I try not to predict what will happen in FA when I mock. I simply thought Kirk would be a good complement to the offense and he has more potential then Hurns, Lee or Westbrook. 

A year after drafting Conley in the first?

That secondary hasn't gotten any better - no fault of Conley's though. However, Marshall was good value there and he and Conley can form a potential lockdown corner duo.

Time to replace Emmanuel Ogbah and Carl Nassib?

To be honest, the Browns have so many picks that I started to go BPA with them after their fourth pick. 

The Chargers have Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa at D-end.  Where would Ejiofor line up?

He'd still be an end but he'd provide depth to Bosa and Ingram because SD doesn't exactly have a strong defensive line rotation. 

The Jaguars have one of the best pass rushes (and aside from Calais Campbell, one of the youngest too) in the NFL and just drafted a defensive end in the third round last year. 

This is probably something I'll have to adjust in my next version. 

On 12/9/2017 at 10:32 PM, Remixxxxxxx said:

3. San Francisco 49ers    Sam Darnold, QB, University of Southern California
3. San Francisco 49ers    Auden Tate, WR, Florida State
16. San Fransico 49ers - from New Orleans Saints    Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
3. San Francisco 49ers    KJ Malone, OG, Louisiana State University
5. San Francisco 49ers - from Chicago Bears    Tony Brown, CB, Oklahoma
19. San Francisco 49ers - from Pittsburgh Steelers    Michael Hill, DT, Ohio State

Not half bad - they do need help at passrush at some stage as well...

I would have chosen something like this:

3. San Francisco 49ers    Sam Darnold, QB, University of Southern California
3. San Francisco 49ers    Auden Tate, WR, Florida State
16. San Fransico 49ers - from New Orleans Saints    Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
3. San Francisco 49ers    Duke Ejiofor, EDGE, Wake Forest
5. San Francisco 49ers - from Chicago Bears    Tyrone Crowder, OG, Clemson
19. San Francisco 49ers - from Pittsburgh Steelers    Dante Pettis, WR, Washington

On 10/9/2017 at 3:41 PM, Crickett said:

Cincinnati passing on a cornerback for four whole rounds in an even number season?  That can't happen.  :P

Normally, I would agree, but with our line, we have no choice.  With Hyatt there in the second, I'd grab him or a guard/center type, because our C is baaaaddddd.

For this early not a bad mock of course lots to play out between now and end of season. I see the Cowboys more like this and the why.

1. Malik Jefferson - OLB - Texas - they have Smith and Hitchens will be resigned but no one to really take the place of Lee when hurt or retires

2. Calvin Ridley - WR - Alabama - believes he falls to 2nd round and would definitely give Dallas a better option with speed

3. Larry Allen, Jr. - LG - Harvard - just makes to much sense to follow in his father's footsteps and really improves the line.

4. Tony Brown - CB - Alabama - believes Dallas struck gold in 2017 with secondary guys but always could use another

Many will doubt this and believe Dallas goes after another DE type although believe they resign Lawrence and shocker they will get Gregory back, seen the kid, talked with him, and he has changed his life. With Lawrence, Irving, Collins, Crawford, Charleton, Tapper, (Price or Neal or a draft pick) and Gregory that is probably the best they have had in over a decade or more.

Also believe McFadden and Morris will be gone so could easily see another RB drafted in late round like the 6th.

1.WR, QB
2. DT, DB
3. RB, TE
4. WR

I love the depth we would be picking up with all these picks and a potential franchise QB. Would have loved to pick up a young stud LB but I suppose they could do that in free agency as well as re-signing key guys like Jordan Mathews, EJ Gaines and Preston Brown.

Archived