Will jets get rid of Bell after the season?

bertuzzi

20 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Does he have beef with Gase?

No, at least not publicly, Bell has been great with the media all season and has had nothing but good things to say about the organization/coaching staff. Gase on the other hand has a history of running guys out of town who don't fit his scheme. That's the issue, IMO great coaches tailor their schemes around talent, not the other way around.

I remember numerous non-Steeler fans bashing them for giving him what they deemed to be a "low ball" offer, when in fact, it was probably still more than he was worth.

Bell was never as special of a RUNNER as some people made him out to be.    Yes, he had a unique style with his patience and made some nice runs, but he was allowed to be more patient because he played behind a good OLine with a passing game that helped keep defenses from stacking the box.    Bell's best asset was in the passing game, but he was still never worth a huge contract.  

Im not saying Bell is a bad player or anything.  He can actually be quite good, but he is yet another example of RB success being largely dependent on their line and talent around him.   If he were in Pittsburgh right now, we would be regretting it just the same, because our run blocking is largely poo and we have a very limited passing game.   I dont think he would be fairing any better than the combination of Jaylen Samuels and Benny Snell are right now.    Might even be fairing worse since his patient running style wouldnt work right now, and Snell at least a north-south runner that hits the holes hard.    

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 8:55 PM, NJC33 said:

There are two issues here:

1) Gase is incredibly stubborn and has simply refused to adjust his schemes to accommodate for Bells talent - His lack of involvement in the passing game has been infuriating and inexcusable. 2) Bells patient style of running isn't possible behind this current OL. We can't hold blocks long enough for Bell to scan the field, furthermore, he's waiting for a hole to open that doesn't exist.

I'd argue with anyone that the Jets have the worst OL in football, and while I expect Douglas to prioritize the OL above all else going forward, if Gase gets his way Bell will be gone. It's a shame because I do believe he's the same guy he was in Pittsburg.

The dude simply doesn't want to play football.  

He is the same guy he was in Pittsburgh, because he's pulling the same distractions with New York.  

But, he probably won't ever perform the way he did when he was at Pittsburgh ever again.  

You can't take a whole season off from the league, and then come back thinking you're going to perform just as well as before. 

3 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

The dude simply doesn't want to play football.  

He is the same guy he was in Pittsburgh, because he's pulling the same distractions with New York.  

But, he probably won't ever perform the way he did when he was at Pittsburgh ever again.  

You can't take a whole season off from the league, and then come back thinking you're going to perform just as well as before. 

I’m lost. 

Bell has been anything but a distraction since coming to NY, so I have no idea what you could be referencing (You can’t actually be talking about bowling?) 

As for not wanting to play football, again, where is this coming from? The guy took a year off in the interest of securing financial stability for himself/family. Sh** if I were an NFL running back coming off the franchise tag I would do everything in my power to maximize my value while I still could. I commend athletes who are educated enough to facilitate a business oriented approach - It in no way shape or form discredits their “love of the game”, it’s called financial literacy.

Bell is an incredibly gifted player whose patient style of running is reliant on a capable OL and a coach willing to utilize him properly. The guy hasn’t lost a step, his supporting cast has.

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I’m lost. 

Bell has been anything but a distraction since coming to NY, so I have no idea what you could be referencing (You can’t actually be talking about bowling?) 

As for not wanting to play football, again, where is this coming from? The guy took a year off in the interest of securing financial stability for himself/family. Sh** if I were an NFL running back coming off the franchise tag I would do everything in my power to maximize my value while I still could. I commend athletes who are educated enough to facilitate a business oriented approach - It in no way shape or form discredits their “love of the game”, it’s called financial literacy.

Bell is an incredibly gifted player whose patient style of running is reliant on a capable OL and a coach willing to utilize him properly. The guy hasn’t lost a step, his supporting cast has.

Nah, Bell clearly doesn't understand that 

1. Playing for any of the 32 clubs in the league is a privilege hundreds of college players will never have.

2. He plays football at arguably the most dispensable position on the football field.  

But, it's totally justifiable for him to blame everybody else for not living up to his 50 million dollar contract.  

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 4:28 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

I remember numerous non-Steeler fans bashing them for giving him what they deemed to be a "low ball" offer, when in fact, it was probably still more than he was worth.

Bell was never as special of a RUNNER as some people made him out to be.    Yes, he had a unique style with his patience and made some nice runs, but he was allowed to be more patient because he played behind a good OLine with a passing game that helped keep defenses from stacking the box.    Bell's best asset was in the passing game, but he was still never worth a huge contract.  

Im not saying Bell is a bad player or anything.  He can actually be quite good, but he is yet another example of RB success being largely dependent on their line and talent around him.   If he were in Pittsburgh right now, we would be regretting it just the same, because our run blocking is largely poo and we have a very limited passing game.   I dont think he would be fairing any better than the combination of Jaylen Samuels and Benny Snell are right now.    Might even be fairing worse since his patient running style wouldnt work right now, and Snell at least a north-south runner that hits the holes hard.    

imagine our cap situation going into the season with Bell contract on top of it lol thank god he did not resign

• Like 2

Gase never really knew how to use him, once in a while he started using him as a receiver but overall Gase is a stubborn and idiotic coach.  It sucks because I doubt Gase is fired, when hes awful. 

Our OL is extremely bad, all you have to do is watch a Jets game to see how pathetic our OL is. Not only were they bad to start the season, but then we had like 4-5 starters go down and went to players who were worse or as bad.  They get no push in the run game.

Bell will most likely be traded, they can't release him but some team might trade for him as he was generating interest. Basically he has 1 more year on his deal then he can be released. Reality is that Gase has no idea how to use Bell, nor does he want to. The OL should be better next season, idk how they can get any worse. And I am confident the new GM is gonna put a focus on upgrading the OL. 

On 2019-12-08 at 5:59 AM, evilpimp972 said:

Never pay big money to a rb tbh!

it's starting to look this way isn't it. It used to be the main concern was staying healthy because of the nature of the collisions at RB.  Now with the bell situation, people and more aware of the OL and surrounding talent . Bell had it easy in Pitt with AB always drawing an extra defender and a legit OL.  Look at how he has been without thatO.o

• Like 1

On 2019-12-09 at 4:28 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

If only our OL could return to 2013 form , I would like to see how Connor would do.  Or even Whyte, because ehe hits the lane quickly and can accelerate . Bell live off the OL and surroundings, and that is obvious after his lone season with the jets-_-  . Imagine Bell running for the steelers now? I doubt he would have got 3 ypc this season.