Week 14: Cheese Head Mania

naptownskinsfan

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

If we're running a 4-2-5, then running a 4-3 as base makes more sense. 

We're splitting hairs at that point.  Most teams run more nickel than their base packages now anyway.  Which could mean moving back to the 4-3, but there are still effective 3-4 teams out there.  

I just feel that we haven't had any good coordinators to get results, outside of Haslett, and with Haslett we ignored getting talent on the defense.  

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

We're splitting hairs at that point.  Most teams run more nickel than their base packages now anyway.  Which could mean moving back to the 4-3, but there are still effective 3-4 teams out there.  

I just feel that we haven't had any good coordinators to get results, outside of Haslett, and with Haslett we ignored getting talent on the defense.  

I dont disagree about the DC being the key. I just dont like drafting 43 guys. Then putting them out of position in 34 and then running nickel most of the time. Especially when you've added a few 34 pieces that are not as useful in a 425.

But yeah, a decent DC should be able to get the most out of what we have.

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

He’s probably our best offensive player and we aren’t using him. It’s kinda silly. 

With the exception of a few pre-season carries last year, and Week 1 this year, the dude hasn't had meaningful touches in almost two years.  As I said week 1, you can't expect him to come back and immediately be the bell-cow RB.