49ers v Saints!

Manny/Patrick

7 minutes ago, swooshmaster said:

Both teams are going to have to work on that Defense if either wants to go to the Superbowl.

It is the first"bad" defensive performance for the niners all year. No harm with that happening against Brees and Payton. The defense has been elite all year. I'm not overly concerned yet, though "yet" is the important word there lol

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what a silly statement. Is this salt or did you not bother to spend 45 seconds to look at their schedule?

They've played other tough opponents, but this was the first time they've beaten on one largely on JG's back. I don't think this is especially controversial. And no, I'm not 'salty'. I've been a Garoppolo booster from day 1.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starless said:

They've played other tough opponents, but this was the first time they've beaten on one largely on JG's back. I don't think this is especially controversial. And no, I'm not 'salty'. I've been a Garoppolo booster from day 1.

Yes, it was the perfect setup. A lot of people up to this point wanted to see Jimmy lead the 49ers to a win when the defense falters, and they need to go down the field in short time to win the game on a final possession. He has shown he can do that. Great milestone. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Obviously love the win, but hate how our defense played. Just horrible on all levels. Disappointing when they have been so great all season long. 

Obviously hard to say but having watched them all year do you think it's a one off or do you think Brees/Payton will do the same precision dissection of it again in a rematch? Do the Saints just matchup well?

1 minute ago, Magnifico said:

Obviously hard to say but having watched them all year do you think it's a one off or do you think Brees/Payton will do the same precision dissection of it again in a rematch? Do the Saints just matchup well?

Honestly, we were really banged up this game and have been for the last few weeks and it seems like the injuries are taking a toll on the defense. But the Cards have had success against this defense with the quick passing game and Brees is the best in the league at that. if the game is in Santa Clara, i'm confident the defense plays much better but it's not going to be easy one way or another. 

22 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

It’s hard to score 40 plus regardless.

If we meet again, I expect it to be a lower scoring game.