49ers v Saints!

Manny/Patrick

10 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Jimmy for a 2nd rounder what theft by Lynch.

He's actually made good trades. It was under the radar, but the Tomlinson trade for a future fifth was a total steal as well. The Dee Ford trade hasn't quite worked out for health reasons, but when he's on the field it's a good trade

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Nah. The Niners are fantastic but I see Seattle winning that home game in Week 17. Niners @ Saints would be the divisional game. 

Plus Niners have to beat the Rams in Week 16 to even make the playoffs as a wildcard. And sweeping the Rams will be HARD. The playoff machine has the Niners missing the playoffs at 11-5 if they finish 1-3. 

If the Rams lose one more game this season the niners clinch a playoff spot. So you're basically saying you think the Rams win out and the niners lose out ?? 

Just want to be clear 

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Jimmy for a 2nd rounder what theft by Lynch.

It wasn't so much as theft, as it was a gift from BB. 

Kyle seeked out BB after the falcons lost to the pats in the Superbowl. They developed a relationship and then BB decided to do right by Jimmy and send him to someone he knew was a good coach, who also was in the NFC

Pats traded down from that pick and have gotten like 11 players and counting from the trade. So, no theft 

36 minutes ago, N4L said:

Kyle seeked out BB after the falcons lost to the pats in the Superbowl. They developed a relationship and then BB decided to do right by Jimmy and send him to someone he knew was a good coach, who also was in the NFC

Pats traded down from that pick and have gotten like 11 players and counting from the trade. So, no theft 

If the vault is open it’s still theft.  

51 minutes ago, N4L said:

LOL, I wish I saw this post before I just made mine...which was shorter but damn near the same thing you said.

3 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

If the vault is open it’s still theft.  

Never thought of it that way, but good point! Okay fine, you're right, what a theft by Lynch over BB!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, he was pretty much gifted Jimmy from BB just because he respected Shanahan so much and wanted to give Jimmy a good landing spot. 

In hindsight you ask them if the only way it still happens is if they give their first (likely top-3 assuming they don’t finish strong) do they take it?  Assuming  Shanahan probably didn’t want a rookie QB.  

(and you can’t say they take Lamar ;))

Edited by DirtyDez

Just now, DirtyDez said:

In hindsight you ask them if the only way it still happens is if they give their first (likely top-3 assuming they don’t finish strong) do they take it?  I think they do considering Shanahan probably didn’t want a rookie QB.  

(and you can’t say they take Lamar ;))

So if they wanted our first rounder? That's a really good question. Basically would have had a shot at Baker/Darnold/etc? Don't think Lamar would have been in consideration. Um, only reason I hesitate here is because Shanahan REALLY wanted Cousins. That was his dream that he would be able to get Cousins in 2017, but we saw how Washington handled that so don't think it would have happened. At the time of the trade, we were like 0-9 and Jimmy G had 1.5 games of tape. I actually think if they ask for our 1st, Shanny/Lynch probably say no. In hindsight of course you take it even if is a top 3-5 pick, but off 1.5 games of tape you're making THAT type of move? Would have been ballsy for sure. 

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Shame this was a 1PM game... Looked amazing on paper and seems it ended up being an even more amazing game. It probably won't be remembered like Chiefs-Rams last year since hardly anyone saw it start to finish.

In a way I am actually glad because there is a big part of me still super disgusted with our defensive performance. Unacceptable and bad from the start. No argument for the best defense in the league after that trash performance. 

18 hours ago, N4L said:

If the Rams lose one more game this season the niners clinch a playoff spot. So you're basically saying you think the Rams win out and the niners lose out ?? 

Just want to be clear 

I do think the Rams win out with the Niner road game being 50/50. But after the Saints win, I do think the Niners are finishing 12-4 and already locked up for the playoffs. No way they lose to Atlanta. 

I don’t think they beat Seattle in Seattle but if they beat the Rams and Falcons, they will win the division while being swept by them still. Pretty crazy. 

7 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Can someone explain how the Sanders long TD was not OPI? Looked like an egregious miss.

It absolutely wasn't. It was standard hand jostling between CB (actually safety in this instance) and WR that the wide receiver won. Sanders never even extended his arms or anything, it's not like he pushed off. Williams had a handful of Sanders' jersey as well and started to lose his balance while both were tracking the ball. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I do think the Rams win out with the Niner road game being 50/50. But after the Saints win, I do think the Niners are finishing 12-4 and already locked up for the playoffs. No way they lose to Atlanta. 

I don’t think they beat Seattle in Seattle but if they beat the Rams and Falcons, they will win the division while being swept by them still. Pretty crazy. 

No, the crazy thing is that the fake Seahawks have 10 wins with a point differential of +20. They have not won a single game by more than one score. That's a joke