OBJ playing banged up

brooks1957

Well, I have to eat a massive amount of my own words here. I am old enough and should be smart enough to know that what you see on the field isn't always the whole story. This is the case with OBJ.

I entirely apologize about to OBJ about my "underachieving" comments

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854819-report-odell-beckham-jr-playing-through-sports-hernia-surgery-needs-surgery

Edited by brooks1957

I've never doubted OBJ's talent or desire to want to play and do whatever he can to help the team win; it's the mystery of why he and Mayfield can't seem to get in sync most of the time. I know he didn't participate in OTAs and not much in Training Camp but I'd imagine by week 6 that should have been resolved with the weekly preparations/practices and hopefully some extra time of practice between Mayfield and him.

I will say that I blame more of the issues with the OL and play calling (at times it's been great but also been baffling at times).  Hoping next season we fix the OL issue and OBJ is 100%; still have hope this offense can be one of the best with better play calling and protections.

I won’t be too mad at Dorsey for trying to give Baker weapons 

but OBJ was a bad trade he’s not hurting our culture but he damn sure didn’t bring a winning culture with him

you hoped you were getting Baker Jerry Rice but that’s not OBJ

Accept your loses trade him and regroup

19 minutes ago, CleBrowns07 said:

2nd half needs to be entirely nick chubb. 

I mean, you’re it wrong but how does that sit with OBJ, Juice, etc?

Freddie (any OC) is in a rough spot when you have 3 big names/established studs in ObJ, Juice and Hunt as well as less proven but arguably better player in Chubb.  It’s hard to keep all of those dudes happy.

If you're OBJ, why would you want to stay here?

OBJ wants his talent maximized more than he wants to be traded.

You don't trade generational talent with multiple years left on their contract at a cost controlled point.

It would be madness.

Trading OBJ is so far down the list well below things like getting a different OC and QB coach.

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

If you're OBJ, why would you want to stay here?

OBJ wants his talent maximized more than he wants to be traded.

You don't trade generational talent with multiple years left on their contract at a cost controlled point.

It would be madness.

Trading OBJ is so far down the list well below things like getting a different OC and QB coach.

After this season wherebis his value at? We would be trading for a loss at the moment.

Hebis worht more than a 1.