Need help from one of you Capologists here, please.

aceinthehouse

Thank you!šŸˆ

So with hopefully a new GM & coaching staff coming in.

Can anyone give me an idea, of how much Salary Cap we will have with the release or trade of these following players below?

How much we save & how much we'll have to spend would be greatly appreciated.

1)Trent Williams

2)Josh Norman

3)Jordan Reed

4)Vernon Davis

5)Paul Richardson

6)Alex Smith

7)Colt McCoy

8)Monte Nicholson

Ā 

I didn't include Ryan Kerrigan, cause I think he's a lifer. But that obviously could change with a new coaching staff. You can add him if you wish.

Thank you!

I want to know or have an idea, how much Salary Cap the Redskins will have to work with for the 2020 season.

Ā 

Iā€™ve got it at about $63M with all those moves.

VD and McCoy are both FAs, so they didnā€™t move the needle at all, and Nicholson makes peanuts so he didnā€™t make much impact either. Cutting Smith (still) costs us a tremendous amount of cap space ā€” about $11M, as we save his $21M cap number but take on $32M of dead cap when we cut him ā€” but thereā€™s really no ā€œgoodā€ choice when it comes to how to handle his contract.Ā 

If they cut/trade Kerrigan, that will free up another nearly $12M, which would move the number to almost $75M.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Iā€™ve got it at about $63M with all those moves.

VD and McCoy are both FAs, so they didnā€™t move the needle at all, and Nicholson makes peanuts so he didnā€™t make much impact either. Cutting Smith (still) costs us a tremendous amount of cap space ā€” about $11M, as we save his $21M cap number but take on $32M of dead cap when we cut him ā€” but thereā€™s really no ā€œgoodā€ choice when it comes to how to handle his contract.Ā 

If they cut/trade Kerrigan, that will free up another nearly $12M, which would move the number to almost $75M.Ā 

Ok...cool

63m is not too bad.

Hopefully Schaffer can work his magic as usual.

46 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Scherff-- He's a problem. I'm on the fence with paying him . Glad I don't have to decide .

I would consider franchising him honestly, if he plays well next year then we pay him, or if a team offers to trade a first then we trade him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Ok...cool

63m is not too bad.

Hopefully Schaffer can work his magic as usual.

Schaeffer could be out under a new regime.Ā  In fact, I encourage moving on from just about everyone here if we do decide to clean house.Ā  It will be the only way to empower a new group coming in, and gives them full authority.Ā  At the minimum, give him a year on the job to prove he's with the program and new direction.Ā