Mock Draft 5.0 / 2 Rounds / 1 trade

zappa13004

NO PLAYOFFS PROJECTIONS. Ranking based on ESPN after week 13.
Assuming injured players like Niang, Little and Tagovailoa won't declare.

1. Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
Last Zac Taylor jobs before his head coaching one : QB coach with the Rams, QB coach and OC with U of Cincinnati, QB coach and OC with the Dolphins. Chase Young is tempting but give this man his QB to work with.

2. New York Giants  -  Chase Young, DE, Ohio State
BPA + Team need + positionnal value = no brainer

3. Los Angeles Chargers  - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
TRADE : Chargers get #3 + 4th Rd pick. Redskins get #9 + #41 + 2021 1st Rd pick + 2021 3rd Rd pick

The Phillip Rivers era is ended. Don't look at stats but watch games : Herbert throw from the pocket, throw in mouvements, has a big arm and he is clutch when needed. Unless they trade for Cam Newton who would be appealing for the L.A market, Tom Telesco will look at the future quarterback through this draft. And there is only 2 worthing a 1st round pick.

4. Miami Dolphins  - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Whoever will be under center need to have a better protection.

5. Atlanta Falcons - Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
Big dude to put next to Grady Jarrett is what this D need.

6. Arizona Cardinals - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
Lamb before Jeudy ? Why not. Lamb is elite and his chemistry with Kyler Murray makes this pick smart.

7. Detroit Lions - Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State
Epenesa woud be a nice pick for them but Okudah is a shutdown CB.

8. New York Jets   -  Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
Sam Darnold needs more weapons to succeed, Jeudy is a great one. Wirfs or Jeudy, same can be said for the Redskins pick.

9. Washington Redskins  - Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
A trade which works perfectly for the 'Skins as Wirfs will take Trent Williams' place on the roster.

10. Denver Broncos - Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
Simmons has special skills and his coverage abilities would help in a division with Kelce, Henry and Waller.

11. Jacksonville Jaguars  - Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Delpit is playing better as season goes on (healthier ?). That once feared D would benefit from his versatile skills and leadership.

12. Carolina Panthers - Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
Both Gerlad McCoy and Vernon Butler will be free-agents. Kinlaw is disruptive at the line of scrimmage and his duo with Short could be tremendous.

13. Cleveland Browns  -  Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
Ferocious right tackle to protect Baker Mayfield and to open holes for Chubb and Hunt.

14. Philadelphia Eagles - Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama
A CB (or a LB) would make sense but can they pass on a speedy receiver with nice hands ?

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers  - Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
Assuming Jameis Winston will be back in town, the Bucs have to give to him more time to throw...interceptions.

16. Dallas Cowboys - AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa
Younger (and better) than Tyrone Crawford, Epenesa would man the opposite side of Demarcus Lawrence with the ability to slide inside on 3rd down.

17. Indianapolis Colts -  Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
The Colts have speed in Hilton and Campbell, what they lack is a true possession receiver. Higgins and his great catch radius is a 1st round talent with ProBowl potential.

18. Las Vegas Raiders   -  Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Mullen is improving but they need someone on the opposite side. Fulton has size and skills to be that guy.

19. Las Vegas Raiders (via CHI) -  Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama
Moses will be healthy when it is important : the NFL combine. The Raiders need a legit MLB to lead that D.

20. Tennessee Titans  - Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State
Cameron Wake is getting old, certainly a keeper in 2020 to rotate with and teach another Nittany Lions.

21. Jacksonville Jaguars via Rams  - Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado  
Gardner Minshew II has yet a target with speed in DJ Chark, Shenault and his versatile skills would give to him a swiss army knife to work with.

22. Miami Dolphins (via PIT)  - Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
Building on the Oline would be smart for the 'Phins, Biadasz and Thomas would solidify this unit for years.

23. Minnesota Vikings  - Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
Xavier Rhodes. Lol. Mike Zimmer likes to select early his cornerbacks and Adebo would shine on his defense.

24. Kansas City Chiefs - Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
A CB would make ton of sense, a LB too. Lee and Ragland will be FA and that D lacks some speed. Murray is not big but very fast.

25. Miami Dolphins (via HOU) - Curtis Weaver, OLB, Boise State
Taco Charlton shines on Flores' system and the Dolphins would be smart to upgrade the other side as Charles Harris is definitely a bust.

26. Buffalo Bills  - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
A WR would fill in for a bigger need but Taylor has 1st round talent to help that run-oriented offense.  

27. Green Bay Packers - Austin Jackson, OT, USC
Bryan Bulaga will be FA and looks like done. Jackson plays on the left side with the Trojans but would slide on the right with them.

28. San Francisco 49ers  - Creed Humphrey, C/G, Oklahoma
Excellent center, he has the frame to also play guard with the pros. His run blocking skills would match with Shany's offense.

29. New England Patriots  -  Josh Jones, OT, Houston
The Pats need help on the Oline. Jones is very athletic but need work on his technique : Dante Scarnecchia is a master on that domain.

30. Seattle Seahawks - Shane Lemieux, G, Oregon
Fant is great as a swing tackle and maybe he is the answer to replace Ifedi on the right side ? Lemieux would replace Iupati in the lineup and help that run-oriented offense.

31. Baltimore Ravens -  Rashard Lawrence, DL, LSU

Lawrence is a tuff guy to play upfront, he could play from day 1 especially if Pierce is gone.

32. New Orleans Saints - CJ Henderson, CB, Florida
When Lattimore is not on the field, the Saints have nothing at the position. Apple and PJ Williams will be free-agents and neither one deserve a new contract.

2nd ROUND

33. Cincinnati Bengals - Solomon Kindley, G, Georgia
Another position of great need is at the LB position so Dye from Oregon is a solid option there. Meanwhile, the Oline have to be improved, more again with a rookie under center.

34. New York Giants  - Troy Dye, LB, Oregon
Another pick on D for the Giants. It seems they do not have a good LB since Antonio Pierce's days.

35. Colts via Redskins-  Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
Rock Ya-Sin was a good 1st step, now they need to add another guy at the position.

36. Miami Dolphins  -  Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
Still no QB but add an explosive RB a la Alvin Kamara and this offense would be much better.

37. Atlanta Falcons  -  Julian Okwara, DE, Notre Dame
Assuming Vic Beasley will play elsewhere in 2020, Okwara would be a rock solid pick as the Dline would be in this scenario : Okwara-Brown-Jarrett-Takk. Not bad.

38. Arizona Cardinals  -  Trey Adams, OT, Washington
His injuries scare some scouts but Adams is playing well in 2019 and looks like in full health.

39. Detroit Lions  - Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State
Both Mike Daniels and Robinson will be FAs and the Seminole is powerful inside.

40. New York Jets - Prince Tega Wonogho, OT, Auburn
Kelvin Beachum will be FA and it is not like he is a great player. Wanogho is raw but has tools to help protecting Darnold.

41. Washington Redskins via Chargers - Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
From a projected trade.

Great in 2018, Hall saw his season falling apart with an injury. He could have been a 1st round pick without his absence after 6 games in 2019.

42. Denver Broncos - Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama
This pick as Von Miller will command a huge contract and i bet a team in a rebuild mode won't give it to him. Lewis did recover from his injury and he is a nice pass rusher to put opposite of Bradley Chubb. Will they give up on Bolles ? That pick could go on the Oline instead.

43. Jacksonville Jaguars - Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama
Yes Jalen Ramsey is gone but Bouye is on one side and the young Herndon seems correct enough to pass again on a CB. Dareus will be cut to make room for Ngakoue's contract and Davis, once a projected mid 1st round pick, would help replacing him inside.

44. Carolina Panthers - Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
It seems possible than Cam Newton plays elsewhere in 2020. Wait&see for who will be the new coach there. Allen is showing nice things but new regime often means new quarterback and Eason has enough abilities to worth a chance.

45. Cleveland Browns - Trey Smith, OL, Tennessee
Two picks, two on the Oline. Trey Smith, without his lung problems, could have been a 1st round pick. Once a left tackle, he plays fine as a LG and the Browns would have a great use of a new RG and, possibly to make him a left tackle again.

46. Philadelphia Eagles - Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
Stefon's brother has great physical attributes but his games versus Auburn and LSU make him drop on some boards. The Eagles can't think too much as they badly need some help on the secondary.

47. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
Ronald Jones is showing some improvement but Peyton Barber will be FA and he is not the talent Harris is. Najee is big and powerful and he has soft hands to catch balls.  

48. Dallas Cowboys  -  Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal
Versatile safety at a position of need for Dallas.

49. Indianapolis Colts - Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma  
Can you name the starters at the DT position for the Colts ? Yeah, one isn't American and then ? Gallimore is having a great season with Oklahoma.

50. Chicago Bears via Raiders - Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
Do they should take a flyer on Jordan Love there ? You know they won't and Trubisky will still be the man in windy city in 2020. Amukamara is a prince but also a weak link on the secondary.

51. Chicago Bears -  Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State
Both Trevathan and Kwiatowski will be FA so even if K is back, they'd better add another LB to that squad. Harrison is an unsung hero in the Ohio State D.

52. Tennessee Titans - Calvin Throckmorton, OT, Oregon
It seems like Jack Conklin won't be in Nashville next year, this is a replacement.

53. Los Angeles Rams - Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa
Life without Andrew Withworth will be hard for Jared Goff. Bobby Evans is playing guard and David Edwards does not look like the answer for now to replace him.

54. Pittsburgh Steelers  - D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
James Conner and Benny Snell are powerful enough to ground and pound. Swift would add another dimension to their run and passing game.

55. Minnesota Vikings - K'Lavon Chaisson, DE, LSU
Speed from the edge. Chaisson will need to bulk up first so he'll add a nice rotation behind Griffen and another tiger in Hunter.

56. Kansas City Chiefs  - Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
Help is needed on the secondary for the Chiefs and Wade is versatile enough to play on various schemes.

57. Houston Texans - JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
Both Lamar Miller and Carlos Hyde will be FAs. Dobbins is strong and quick, he would complement well Duke Johnson.

58. Buffalo Bills  - Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama  
Steal of the 2nd round. Smith has plenty of speed and runs great routes.

59. Green Bay Packers - Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
A deep threat a la Mecole Hardman to stretch the field.

60. Seahawks via Chiefs - Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
Another powerfully built receiver for the Seahawks to pair with Metcalf. Johnson can block for the run game and can move the chain while Lockett take the deep space.

61. Atlanta Falcons via Patriots - Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
Hooper will be FA and Hopkins could replace him and upgrade the position for Matt Ryan.

62. Seattle Seahawks - Jaylen Twyman, DT, Pitt
Twyman could be a late riser as he is very disruptive from the inside.

63. Baltimore Ravens  - Jon Greenard, OLB, Florida
Matt Judon deserves a new contract and Jaylon Ferguson is showing nice things on the other side but Don Martindale would like to have another pass rusher to rotate on his D.

64. Miami Dolphins via Saints - Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
Nothing more than a project here and with the last pick of the 2nd round, the risk isn't big. Love is raw but has potential and some intangibles to work with.

First round would be a disaster for the Bills, but second round pick would be amazing. I really hope the Bills can land Gross-Matos in round 1, as edge is the biggest need imo. We also need WR but given how deep this class is i'm fine with taking one in round 2 (especially if that one is Devonta Smith) 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Jags have way too big of a need on the OL not to get a guy in first couple rounds with 3 picks imo.

with how it plays out im 100% taking Willis over delpit to help solidfy this OL giving time for the QB to actually throw the ball.   2nd 1st is okay but i think i would look at Murray because after Moses and Murray its a big drop off at LB and we have a huge hole at LB and our run defense is garbage wether its cuz the scheme, the players, or a combo of both.  round 2 i think jags might restructure Dareus instead of outright cutting him and even fi we cut him Davis is more of a 3tech then a NT and Dareus is a NT. 

1 hour ago, Killashaw said:

First round would be a disaster for the Bills, but second round pick would be amazing. I really hope the Bills can land Gross-Matos in round 1, as edge is the biggest need imo. We also need WR but given how deep this class is i'm fine with taking one in round 2 (especially if that one is Devonta Smith) 

Jonathan Taylor a disaster for the 5th team in rush attempts ? YGM is gone when the Bills pick. Shaq Lawson had 3.5 sacks in last 3 games and could be signed. Ho Jerry Hughes just sacked Lamar Jax !

20 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

with how it plays out im 100% taking Willis over delpit to help solidfy this OL giving time for the QB to actually throw the ball.   2nd 1st is okay but i think i would look at Murray because after Moses and Murray its a big drop off at LB and we have a huge hole at LB and our run defense is garbage wether its cuz the scheme, the players, or a combo of both.  round 2 i think jags might restructure Dareus instead of outright cutting him and even fi we cut him Davis is more of a 3tech then a NT and Dareus is a NT. 

I think Davis is a perfect nose in a 43 but maybe im wrong.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We're not drafting a RB in round 1. Rookie Devin Singletary has been just fine with us and we'll likely sign a complement veteran RB.

Pass Rush/WR are our biggest 1st round needs 

Singletary is fine but that class is elite so for a team who rely so much on the run game...Hughes is still fine and Lawson playing well so he could get a new contract dont you think ?

4 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I think Davis is a perfect nose in a 43 but maybe im wrong.

he plays the run well but hes at his best being a Penetrator instead of a 2 gapper(we might change schemes or what not not but for now he fits more of a 3tech and thats currently occupied by 2018 1st round pick and Uber athletic DT taven Bryan whos showed some improvement this year. 

Singletary is fine but that class is elite so for a team who rely so much on the run game...Hughes is still fine and Lawson playing well so he could get a new contract dont you think ?

Hughes has fallen right off and isn't worth the contract. I expect Hughes and Trent Murphy gone and Lawson extended.

• Like 1

i firmly believe in not picking backs till rounds 3 or later. they have a short-shelf life and specificly with Taylor theres a whole lot of used tread on his tires.  i mean the dude has  5932 rushing yards and 885 carries in 3 years plus another 38 catches and 356 yards.   

47 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

he plays the run well but hes at his best being a Penetrator instead of a 2 gapper(we might change schemes or what not not but for now he fits more of a 3tech and thats currently occupied by 2018 1st round pick and Uber athletic DT taven Bryan whos showed some improvement this year. 

yes, it is your opinion and i have a different one on him. I always like to share opinions so you welcome.

44 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i firmly believe in not picking backs till rounds 3 or later. they have a short-shelf life and specificly with Taylor theres a whole lot of used tread on his tires.  i mean the dude has  5932 rushing yards and 885 carries in 3 years plus another 38 catches and 356 yards.   

I usually agree on this but not this year. that class is special and those guys will have an impact for at least 4 years in the league and thats not few and worth a selection high. imho

Pats fans    nice job draft

Boy do I hate the Fins draft. :D:D 

No seriously.  I would pick  Solomon Kindley G, Georgia with the 25. Miami pick or there's  no way, I would pass him with the 2nd pick. You now have a dominant line for the next 10+ years.  You pick up  Jake Fromm later in the draft. 

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1