Mock Draft 5.0 / 2 Rounds / 1 trade

zappa13004

36 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Very happy with the Bengals first pick.  As for 2, we need everything, but OT much more than OG.  Bobby Hart is awful and a bad tackle is harder to "hide" than a bad guard.  Give us the best RT at 33.

This.  As much as I want to trade back for a ranson at #1, Burrow will be too shiny for Mike Brown to not take.  But we need a RT badly.  I love Kindley as a prospect tho, but tackle has to be addressed earlier than guard.  LB does too.

40 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Very happy with the Bengals first pick.  As for 2, we need everything, but OT much more than OG.  Bobby Hart is awful and a bad tackle is harder to "hide" than a bad guard.  Give us the best RT at 33.

i understand though Kindley is way better than the best RT left on the board. Cordy Glenn or Jonah Williams will play on right side (the other on the left), right ?

Edited by zappa13004

4 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

This.  As much as I want to trade back for a ranson at #1, Burrow will be too shiny for Mike Brown to not take.  But we need a RT badly.  I love Kindley as a prospect tho, but tackle has to be addressed earlier than guard.  LB does too.

Dye would be a nice pick, yes. If not that class is loaded with good players to take in the 3rd or 4th : Fisher, Weaver, Woodward, Rice, Brooks, Phillips etc This year, unless you take Simmons or bet on Moses' recovery, teams better wait to take a LB later. imo.

13 hours ago, scar988 said:

Hooper ain't leaving Atlanta. And that dude ain't better than him. 

Aint that the dang truth lol.  Hoop will get paid by us and he is a fricken stud we 1000% have to bring him back no questions asked.   He is for the most part a top 5 TE in the league right now as a full package receiving and blocking. 

Now zap as for the draft i like 1 out of the 3 picks and that would be that man beast Derrick Brown at the 5th pick.  If we can't get Chase then Brown is my go to guy in this draft.

I don't hate the DE position pick im just not a big fan of Okwara and wouldn't take him that high i might look at him in round 3 but even then im a little iffy on him.  Hopkins can kick rocks in round 2 and Hooper will stay our stud at TE for years to come. I realize Okwara's upside but he has the same problem that beasley has and has one of my most hated traits.  He is not a good finisher and fails to make a play when he has his dude beat alot of times.  This is the same thing Vic and Takk does right now as they are fast and strong enough to beat their guys and like okawara are the kings of almost sacks and almost hits.  Maybe this is because he is so light like them and isn't strong enough to finish i don't know.  But it's something im not interested in seeing and having to work on this early in the draft.

Now for the replacement picks in round 2 i would personally take

2a - D'Andre Swift or J.K. Dobbins - RB - Prefer swift as he is the better prospect coming out and might be a 1st round guy.  But i like Dobbins a ton as well and would be my backup option to swift.

2b - Xavier McKinney - CB/SS - This dude is a beast and shouldn't be out of the 1st 2 rounds i would run to the podium for him at the end of round 2.  Plus we need secondary help badly. 

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 1

Wirfs/Jeudy is such a tough spot for the Jets. The fan base would be split either way ad both are needs.

Imo Jeudy is the better player but wirfs is the bigger need.

I'm ok going Jeudy if we resign beachum and draft a lt in round two like you have us doing

• Like 1

Zappa - you hit two home runs with the Browns picks.

In game after game after game this season, what has doomed the Browns chances of winning that week is extremely poor offensive line play. They simply could not keep the heat off of Baker. Wills of Alabama seems to be the "road grater" the Browns desperately need at RT to replace Chris Hubbard. This is a sound foundation to unleash the stallions the Browns have in the backfield with Chubb and Hunt.

Trey Smith can be plugged at RG - another problem spot - or he has the flexibility to swing out to LT. Either way add those two talents will in no way hurt the Browns.

Well played, sir

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

i understand though Kindley is way better than the best RT left on the board. Cordy Glenn or Jonah Williams will play on right side (the other on the left), right ?

Jonah will be the LT.  I'm not convinced Cordy will be a Bengal come September 2020.  In all honesty I won't be at all surprised if Hart starts again next year, but I really hope not.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 7:47 AM, zappa13004 said:

53. Los Angeles Rams - Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa
Life without Andrew Withworth will be hard for Jared Goff. Bobby Evans is playing guard and David Edwards does not look like the answer for now to replace him.

Evans right now is playing RT while Havenstein is out and doing a decent job. Edwards was moved from LG to RG next to Evans and we've seen an improvement from him. If Noteboom isn't ready come camp which he likely isn't and we don't manage to bring back Whit for a year a LT in some way is a need for sure. 

• Like 1

On 08/12/2019 at 12:47 PM, zappa13004 said:

10. Denver Broncos - Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson

Why the hell everyone think we will target a LB this early every year? We pass on Bush. Johnson is playing in a high level and Todd Davis isn't bad.

With this board give us Ruggs, Trade Down or the best LT available.

On 08/12/2019 at 12:47 PM, zappa13004 said:

42. Denver Broncos - Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama

No. We have Miller and Chubb under contract until the end of the 2022 season. We have some good pieces for the depth. Edge Rusher is far from a need. We should target OT,  IOL(one of two depending on free agency), CB, WR and DL.

Edited by BowserBroncos

15 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Why the hell everyone think we will target a LB this early every year? We pass on Bush. Johnson is playing in a high level and Todd Davis isn't bad.

With this board give us Ruggs, Trade Down or the best LT available.

If DEN somehow got Juedy/Lamb/Ruggs, Drew Lock will be my fantasy QB next season. 

• Like 1

I can definitely see the Vikings going with a CB in round one, though if they cut Rhodes, they might have enough savings to sign Waynes to a longer term deal and roll with Hughes and Waynes with Hill as the nickle, then probably need a 2nd Round CB. In round two, I don't love getting a DE, they need some depth along the DL, but that's basically at the UT position, getting a good UT prospect would be huge, or an OG.

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

If DEN somehow got Juedy/Lamb/Ruggs, Drew Lock will be my fantasy QB next season. 

there is a good chance if we end up picking from 9-15. If we miss on Wirfs and Thomas the pick will be either one of Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs or Derrick Brown and Okudah (and I think both will be also gone) so good chance it comes down to Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs or trade down.

Wouldn't take out the posibility of a trade up for one of Wirfs/Thomas, but probably a longshot.