Week 14 GDT

ET80

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Thats the thing though. All Chargers losses have been by 1 score, with them having a chance to win or tie on their last possession. Which makes 2019 that much more frustrating.

And they were blessed by Vinitarie week 1. Would be even worse if ol Adam could still kick

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'd actually contend part of the reason they're 5-8 is because of Lynn.  When a team consistently doesn't perform like they should until the "pressure is off" because they're out of playoff contention, that's 100% on coaching for not having the team prepared and prepared to perform the way they should when it counts.

Lynn's a good guy, don't get me wrong.  But he's nothing special as a coach.

I disagree. You can't blame Lynn for Ekler and Gordon fumbling on the goalline in 2 games that would be wins. You cant blame lynn on travis dropping a tying td to texans. Or RIVERS costly bad play in 3 to 4 games or a bad PI call to basically decide a game.

Lynn needs to be giving another year. He is definitely not a bad coach, imo.

1 minute ago, I <3 Faulk said:

I'm sure you watch them more than I do, so I'll take your word for it, he's still better than the last 2 guys they've had if he isn't anything special haha

A fire hydrant is a better coach than Mike McCoy.  Norv wasn't bad, but he also wasn't great.  Norv with a well-run FO who doesn't have an issue keeping the HC on short reins can work.  The problem is that Norv has only been hired as HC by teams with poor ownership and relatively weak FO structures in general... which is probably the only type of FO that would hire him as a HC because he lacks the "leader of men" type traits that a long-tenured HC should have.  Norv needs someone over his head that can check him; if he's left unchecked he gets complacent really, really easily and never gets motivated to fix things (which he's capable of doing, just won't do it on his own for some reason).

Reality is, there are only a slight few very-good-or-better HC's in the league, a whole crapton of average/mediocre, and some just plain bad and the two ends often get overinflated because of circumstantial reasons when really they're just mediocre.

• Like 2