Week 14 GDT

ET80

Just now, sryan66611 said:

Duck is gonna be the starter?

Steelers have like 4 picks next year. No way they can take a QB1 to replace Roethlisberger for 2 years from now next year.. At this point, I feel like you have to reward Duck as QB2 and ride with him after Ben retires next year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I disagree. You can't blame Lynn for Ekler and Gordon fumbling on the goalline in 2 games that would be wins. You cant blame lynn on travis dropping a tying td to texans. Or RIVERS costly bad play in 3 to 4 games or a bad PI call to basically decide a game.

Lynn needs to be giving another year. He is definitely not a bad coach, imo.

I didn't say he was bad, I said he was mediocre.  His conservatism definitely cost the team in a number of games.  And he's just a very meh decision-maker in general.

For example, the Chargers are currently playing 3rd stringers in the 4th quarter of a game right now.  This would be a fantastic opportunity to get your 1st round rookie from this past draft more reps - which he's very much looked like he could use, given that injuries hampered his early season - except that Tillery is inactive  Just one example.

The best thing I can say for Lynn deserving another year is that I don't see many, if any, HC prospects out there who would represent clear upgrades - which is more an indictment on NFL coaching culture (read: nepotism) and the lack of real mentorship going on therein.  Maybe Ron Rivera, but I kind of feel like he's only a marginal improvement if not a lateral move - and he'll be sought after anyway (Dean's not winning any battles to recruit a heavily sought-after coach).