Week 14 GDT

ET80

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I didn't say he was bad, I said he was mediocre.  His conservatism definitely cost the team in a number of games.  And he's just a very meh decision-maker in general.

For example, the Chargers are currently playing 3rd stringers in the 4th quarter of a game right now.  This would be a fantastic opportunity to get your 1st round rookie from this past draft more reps - which he's very much looked like he could use, given that injuries hampered his early season - except that Tillery is inactive  Just one example.

The best thing I can say for Lynn deserving another year is that I don't see many, if any, HC prospects out there who would represent clear upgrades - which is more an indictment on NFL coaching culture (read: nepotism) and the lack of real mentorship going on therein.  Maybe Ron Rivera, but I kind of feel like he's only a marginal improvement if not a lateral move - and he'll be sought after anyway (Dean's not winning any battles to recruit a heavily sought-after coach).

I guess they would rather give the reps to their late rounders like Broughton.

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

NE's worst case scenario is realistically 12-4, but if the Chiefs win out that would bump them to the 3 seed which would be huge for America.

They have all tiebreakers on Buffalo at 5-1 in the division. If they beat Miami and Cincy they win the East.

NE lost the 2 uncommon games (division teams play the same 14 games each year)

Buffalo lost to Philly and Cleveland so common games goes to the Patriots.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

They have all tiebreakers on Buffalo at 5-1 in the division. If they beat Miami and Cincy they win the East.

He’s saying if the Pats go 12-4 and the Chiefs win out, NE would be the third seed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Yes, but if KC doesn't win out they will be the 2 seed.

12 minutes ago, Soggust said:

It would have been a 10 point TD?

Led to*, I guess assuming that the rest of the game goes relatively the same - NE likely kicks instead of going for it on 4th to end. Butterfly effect and that’s also assuming Folk makes his kicks, but that’s where the tie idea comes in. 

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes, but they were down ten points at the time and they got a field goal out of it. Even if they score the touchdown, they lose by three

If N’Keal gets ruled in (like he was), they’re down by 3 and don’t have to go for 4th to end the game rather than giving Folk a chip-shot field goal. 

• Like 1