Week 14 GDT

ET80

20 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yes, but if KC doesn't win out they will be the 2 seed.

Unless the Patriots lose to the Bill's which is a legit possibility. The Patriots are 1-3 against good teams their only win being against Buffalo. For the Patriots, that game is a home game so that's a major advantage. But still, the 3 best teams the Patriots played, they lost to all 3. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Unless the Patriots lose to the Bill's which is a legit possibility. The Patriots are 1-3 against good teams their only win being against Buffalo. For the Patriots, that game is a home game so that's a major advantage. But still, the 3 best teams the Patriots played, they lost to all 3. 

12-4 Pats already implies a loss to the Bills, point being that is realistically there worst case scenario. In this event, only KC can usurp them for that 2 seed. 

14 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

12-4 Pats already implies a loss to the Bills, point being that is realistically there worst case scenario. In this event, only KC can usurp them for that 2 seed. 

I agree. The question becomes with a stronger schedule how would the patriots have fared by they didn't have a song the schedule they played the schedule that they had to play and as a result they're going to win their division and make the playoffs he and it out point they become dangerous however they're offense is not very good

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We are so under-resourced on O I'm starting to question the great one. 

I assume you specifically mean regarding THIS season, correct?

Because I think that's totally fair. They've gotten a fair dose of rotten luck, as is usually the case when a unit is lacking this badly, but there is still plenty that they only have themselves to blame. Some of this goes back a year or two, but sometimes that's where you can trace issues that are finally showing themselves now. And this is only off the top of my head, but...

Not paying Amendola

Not doing more to prepare for Gronk deciding to retire (it wasn't completely out of nowhere)

Sony Michel with a 1st round pick

N'Keal Harry over some other receivers that have been productive

The handling of Harry's ankle in the preseason

Cutting Demaryius Thomas

Trading for Sanu over Manny Sanders

Getting rid of Josh Gordon

Paying a freaking basket case like Antonio Brown a LOT of money, thus tying your hands when he inevitably goes off the deep end.

Around the periphery there might be some nits to pick regarding the handling of the O-line, but overall I don't think there's as much that could have been done. The guys that left have generally been way overpaid, the line has suffered injuries as well as at least one random retirement I believe, and they've historically done well letting Dante do what he does to get that group playing well.

So, as far as the stuff above: No single one of those things would have immediately solved everything, and I wouldn't expect ALL of them to have been done. I'm not saying the team needed a top-tier stud to come take over. However, somewhere along the lines, one or two more pairs of reliable hands, that can run good routes, and once in awhile win a single coverage matchup, would have an immensely positive snowball effect that could have this offense looking much more respectable overall.

I mean, "questioning" belichick sounds spoiled and downright stupid. Sorry we're having a rough stretch in a 10-3 year when we've been to the last 40 superbowls. 

Pats looked fine yesterday, imo. So many calls went against them and still almost tied it up, it was an encouraging loss. Let's say Pats end 12-4, 11-5, whatever it is. Get Sanu/Edelman healthy is main priority. Great year for most teams. 

5 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I mean, "questioning" belichick sounds spoiled and downright stupid. Sorry we're having a rough stretch in a 10-3 year when we've been to the last 40 superbowls. 

Pats looked fine yesterday, imo. So many calls went against them and still almost tied it up, it was an encouraging loss. Let's say Pats end 12-4, 11-5, whatever it is. Get Sanu/Edelman healthy is main priority. Great year for most teams. 

Greatness doesn't mean you're above criticism. Even if he's the GOAT coach, he can make mistakes, and those mistakes should still be discussed/criticized.