Raiders-Titans GDT

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

7 hours ago, holyghost said:

Sure. What makes anyone think we can put up 42 without Jacobs and Brown. We scored one garbage time TD the last two weeks against non-descript defenses. Went 11 quarters without a touchdown until garbage time in KC. We'll be lucky to put up 12 if we look anything like we have for almost a month now. Plus Carlson can't kick all of a sudden, so where's the 12 coming from?

Well i was close in my sarcastic estimation. Sad very sad. 

Carr is soft. He brings nothing to the table interms of his legs or physical toughness. It isn't even a mental ting he is in reality fragile and overly lean. He can't handle the hits. He slides 5 yards before anybody would touch him on the rare occasion that he scramb;les. He is never given RPO's despite the fact that he had a pretty good 40 time. He is not an accurate deep ball thrower. 

He may not be the sole reason we aren't a playoff team, but he isn't elevating the players around him. All anyone who defends him talks about is that he needs more help here or there. The truth is he doesn't make anyone else better. He doesn't make big plays. He isn't dynamic in any way. He is a middle of the road drop back passer. He needs a great defense. Oline, running game, and receivers to be successful. Essentially, he must be surrounded by outstanding play for his mediocrity to be mitigated.

The D sucks. It is terrible. It is not average. It is a train wreck. But, Carr is mediocre. We can win with him if every other element of our team is operating at an above average level.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

Check down Carr. We can't overcome offensive penalties or negative plays with this pansy passing offense. 

It’s quite something, and it’s been the same issue for 3 years. It’s amazing how many 3rd down plays are consistently thrown short of the sticks. And I’m talking 3rd and a manageable 5 or 6, too. 

I think getting his leg broke damaged his psyche. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And after watching Tannehil today, he's better than Carr. I always put them in the same tier but he's a better QB. Bigger, way more mobile and athletic, tougher, more of a playmaker.

And this is the analysis I come to expect here. Take Tannehil off a dumpster fire team and put him on a playoff team and see how good he looks.

I'm also really interested to hear what QBs actually elevate players around them. That gets thrown around a lot in here, but I don't buy it. Everyone talks about the "elite" QBs elevating the players around them, but usually they only have good years when they have talent that elevates them. Even the best need go to guys.

• Like 1

Agreed. The leg and the back injuries changed him. He is broken. The scramble was a perfect example of his lack of fire. He went into his slide with air in front of him. Lamar Jackson scores on that play. I'm not saying Carr would, but there were more yards available and an opportunity to make a bigger play. It's a desire thing. He is trigger shy. He wants to protect his body and and is afraid to challenge downfield and potentially hurt his stat line. The 4th down play is also ridiculous in the circumstance. The season is on the line and you throw it out of bounds? C'mon man. Completing 70% of your passes isn't impressive when you aren't scoring points or throwing the ball more than 3 yards. He is the ultimate game manager. We aren't good enough to employ a game manager at QB. We need a playmaker.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, true2form said:

And this is the analysis I come to expect here. Take Tannehil off a dumpster fire team and put him on a playoff team and see how good he looks.

I'm also really interested to hear what QBs actually elevate players around them. That gets thrown around a lot in here, but I don't buy it. Everyone talks about the "elite" QBs elevating the players around them, but usually they only have good years when they have talent that elevates them. Even the best need go to guys.

Lamar jackson elevates the team as opposed to Flacco. Russell Wilson elevates the team as opposed to Matt Flynn. Josh Allen greater than tyrod taylor. Deshaun Watson changes the team. Tom Brady has rarely had a great group of wideouts. QB is the position that dramatically changes your team. Tannehil was never terrible in Miami, but look what he has done with a 2-4 team in the Titans. He is way better than Mariota. QB is the most impactful and important position in the game. Mediocrity is a recipe for average results. We have given Carr enough opportunities. He will make a solid backup somewhere. He might eve revive his career, but I don't believe he can take the siver and black to the promise land. He just lacks the killer instinct, the toughness, and the true winner's mentality. He talks a good game though. He is a perfect interview. Unfortunately, they don't give out Lombardi trophies for saying and doing all the right things in your press conferences.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, true2form said:

Brady is the poster boy for taking random 5th string jabronies, and making them look like decent contributors. 

10 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Lamar jackson elevates the team as opposed to Flacco. Russell Wilson elevates the team as opposed to Matt Flynn. Josh Allen greater than tyrod taylor. Deshaun Watson changes the team. Tom Brady has rarely had a great group of wideouts. QB is the position that dramatically changes your team. Tannehil was never terrible in Miami, but look what he has done with a 2-4 team in the Titans. He is way better than Mariota. QB is the most impactful and important position in the game. Mediocrity is a recipe for average results. We have given Carr enough opportunities. He will make a solid backup somewhere. He might eve revive his career, but I don't believe he can take the siver and black to the promise land. He just lacks the killer instinct, the toughness, and the true winner's mentality. He talks a good game though. He is a perfect interview. Unfortunately, they don't give out Lombardi trophies for saying and doing all the right things in your press conferences.

Well those QBs are all better than the ones they replaced.  However, the teams were all already playoff teams or on the cusp of the playoffs before they arrived.

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Who indeed. That's even more impressive. He's largely maintained a high level of play with the team playing musical chairs with cellar-dwellers at the WR spot.

They've had Welker/Edelman for a decade to go with Gronk. That's their formula, slot + TE + pass catching RB. Probably not a coincidence it's not working as well without Gronk.

• Like 1