Raiders-Titans GDT

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

They've had Welker/Edelman for a decade to go with Gronk. That's their formula, slot + TE + pass catching RB. Probably not a coincidence it's not working as well without Gronk.

Yeah, that's true, but would Edelman doesn't strike me as a guy that wouldn't seem replaceable if he wasn't playing with Brady. Would he help Derek Carr turn his career around?

Also, Brady was still playing very well before the days of Edelman, Welker, and Gronkowski. 

Edited by PapaShogun

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah, that's true, but would Edelman doesn't strike me as a guy that wouldn't seem replaceable if he wasn't playing with Brady. Would he help Derek Carr turn his career around?

Also, Brady was still playing very well before the days of Edelman, Welker, and Gronkowski. 

not to take anything away from Tom, but the narrative of the pats not having receivers is very old.

Bill has built his receiving core around guys who understand how to get separation and most importantly, catch the ball. There is no coincident that many of their WRs throughout the years have a history of playing QB at some point. 
While many teams go crazy for the H/W/S prospect who they believe they can develop into an allstar, Bill goes for the football player, who you can trust on 3rd down to run the right route, and catch the ball. I am shocked they didnt draft hunter. He is exactly what they look for in WRs. 
Theyve gotten rid of guys like Cooks and to a lesser extent Josh Gordon because Brady cannot trust them to do the simple things. 

Tom elevates all of those guys, because he reads the D and finds the right guy constantly, but they are all doing the right things and playing as a unit. 

not saying they are a top unit or anything, but its far from a bottom unit IMO. No elite guy, but a bunch of players who are brought in to do a specific role. 

also just to add, what makes Brady so amazing is his consistency to move the chains. It is what Derek Carr dreams about. 

People call it dinking and dunking when it doesnt work, but when you can do it consistently, it is carving up a defense. 
Also, again not taking anything away from Brady, as he has shown time and time again, if you play tight on him to take away the short chain moving pass, he can and will hit you over top. 

• Like 1

I'm really tired of Gruden making excuses. Blaming injuries, etc. and absolving Carr from plays like the above. That was as bad as the 4th and 2 last year against CD when Carr got pressure and just through it in the dirt.

Gruden has been making all kinds of excuses for his QB and team. Gets old. I know he likes PG but man oh man... the defense can't be THAT bad can they?

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm really tired of Gruden making excuses. Blaming injuries, etc. and absolving Carr from plays like the above. That was as bad as the 4th and 2 last year against CD when Carr got pressure and just through it in the dirt.

Gruden has been making all kinds of excuses for his QB and team. Gets old. I know he likes PG but man oh man... the defense can't be THAT bad can they?

Defense looks extra bad when we punt all 2nd half. Look at no vs sf. Game was into the 40’s. Real qbs keep swinging Carr... does Carr type stuff. Defense held a legit titans squad to 14 points in 2nd half and damn near gifted the offense a td from mo’s int.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The Gruden excuses when the Raiders lose are the worst. He just starts saying dumb ****. He hasn’t done it much before the losing streak, but it reminds u of last years press conferences. 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed, although I do think part of it is that he doesn’t want to publicly throw his players under the bus. Which is commendable imo. He saved all that for Reggie. 

22 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Defense looks extra bad when we punt all 2nd half. Look at no vs sf. Game was into the 40’s. Real qbs keep swinging Carr... does Carr type stuff. Defense held a legit titans squad to 14 points in 2nd half and damn near gifted the offense a td from mo’s int.

Good point. It was a 21-21 game at half. Raiders had the ball first and did nothing. Defense forced a stop and offense again, did nothing. Then the defense broke. 

Some want to point the finger at the defense (rightfully so) but the offense didn't do squat in the second half. Checkdowns, short throws on third down. 

You take away the Hurts INT that set them in good field position. And the blown coverage on Gafford.... the offense didn't do much at all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, true2form said:

I really don't know what some of you guys expect.  We have basically lost a player or two each week from both sides of the ball to injury.  Yet, you want the performance to improve.

Logic doesn't live here.

But we have our 100 million $ qb with his starting wr, te’s. I didn’t expect us to get shut out second half on offense. 

Def I understand ( starting mlb, 2 safeties etc) ,kinda still doesn’t excuse the missed tackles and lack of execution.

Is Grudens talk just draft smoke screens?

I hate his post game excuses, but, is he trying to make teams feel like he is happy with Carr?
Is he happy with Carr?

There is a ton to be disappointed with, watching Carrs game tape.. but we dont know what our game plan is. 
Is Gruden telling Carr to play conservative? Gruden doesnt look as POd as id like when Carr checks down on 3rd and 7. 

sometimes I think (hope) Gruden is still hiding some of his playbook for Vegas. 
probably wishful thinking, but as down as I am on Carr, I am equally down on Grudens play calling. but that could be carrs execution or changing plays at the line. 

I wish Gruden would call out Carr at the podium for the 3rd down check downs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Even the dude taking pictures sees the running lane. 

It’s obvious Carr struggles to see his targets when he starts moving in the pocket. 

It's like he's allergic to running. And he looked right in that direction before running right.

Edited by raidr4life

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Is Grudens talk just draft smoke screens?

I hate his post game excuses, but, is he trying to make teams feel like he is happy with Carr?
Is he happy with Carr?

There is a ton to be disappointed with, watching Carrs game tape.. but we dont know what our game plan is. 
Is Gruden telling Carr to play conservative? Gruden doesnt look as POd as id like when Carr checks down on 3rd and 7. 

sometimes I think (hope) Gruden is still hiding some of his playbook for Vegas. 
probably wishful thinking, but as down as I am on Carr, I am equally down on Grudens play calling. but that could be carrs execution or changing plays at the line. 

I wish Gruden would call out Carr at the podium for the 3rd down check downs. 

Why we even asking this question Gruden at the very beginning of the season said he wanted Carr to take more deep shots and use his feet more, so im sure Gruden is disappointed, and you don't really want your QB thinking you are down on him plus you want to keep his percieved value up if you decide to try and trade him.

• Like 2