Jump to content
SirA1

BDL 2019 Divisional Round - #8 Hungary Hippos @ #1 Berlin Blitzkrieg

Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Hungary Hippos
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2019 at 05:01 AM

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, PR said:

Both are big PA guys with big arms but Winston handles pressure better and has the mobile element.

Having drafted Winston and watched him very closely...he is horrifying when he gets pressured cause he just throws the ball up for grabs.  

Also, while is is technically more mobile than Goff, he's not that great at it.  He's also fumbled 9 times this year, so there's additional risk there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Having drafted Winston and watched him very closely...he is horrifying when he gets pressured cause he just throws the ball up for grabs.  

Also, while is is technically more mobile than Goff, he's not that great at it.  He's also fumbled 9 times this year, so there's additional risk there.

He is like Brett Favre in the mid to late 90s lol High TDs, High Ints, Risk for Fumbles but man there are some beautiful damn throws in there too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PR said:

He is like Brett Favre in the mid to late 90s lol High TDs, High Ints, Risk for Fumbles but man there are some beautiful damn throws in there too

As a Packers fan...no, no he is not anything like Favre.  Superficially maybe.  Favre was a first ballot HOFer and won three consecutive MVPs.

Jameis is nothing close to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

As a Packers fan...no, no he is not anything like Favre.  Superficially maybe.  Favre was a first ballot HOFer and won three consecutive MVPs.

Jameis is nothing close to that.

Well I'm not saying his career is like it. I'm saying his play right now is very reminiscent especially if you look at his numbers in that period. 

 

He is one crazy guy.

Now he is 2nd in passing TDs, 1st in INTs and 7 yards from taking the lead in yards. How one guy can be that contrasting is  beyond me but I love it. lol

Edited by PR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PR said:

Well I'm not saying his career is like it. I'm saying his play right now is very reminiscent especially if you look at his numbers in that period. 

He is one crazy guy.

Now he is 2nd in passing TDs, 1st in INTs and 7 yards from taking the lead in yards. How one guy can be that contrasting is  beyond me but I love it. lol

You mean the multi-year period when Favre won a Super Bowl and 3 consecutive MVPs.  The only reason you could compare the yardage and TD numbers is because of vastly different eras. But his play is not in the same universe as Favre's during that time.

He is also tied for third for fumbles with 12(w/ 5 lost and my numbers were wrong) behind D Jones and J Allen.  Plus 23 INTs.  That's 28 turnovers compared to 26 TDs.  Brady has 18 passing TDs with 7 combined INTs(6) and fumbles(4 w/ 1 lost).  Brady also has 3 rushing TDs to Jameis' zero.  Not sure how you love turning the ball over more than scoring.

I also once dreamed that Jameis could be Favre-like...in his second year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

You mean the multi-year period when Favre won a Super Bowl and 3 consecutive MVPs.  The only reason you could compare the yardage and TD numbers is because of vastly different eras. But his play is not in the same universe as Favre's during that time.

He is also tied for third for fumbles with 12(w/ 5 lost and my numbers were wrong) behind D Jones and J Allen.  Plus 23 INTs.  That's 28 turnovers compared to 26 TDs.  Brady has 18 passing TDs with 7 combined INTs(6) and fumbles(4 w/ 1 lost).  Brady also has 3 rushing TDs to Jameis' zero.  Not sure how you love turning the ball over more than scoring.

I also once dreamed that Jameis could be Favre-like...in his second year.

Ah, we have entered the period of QB comparisons to try to sway voters. I just was liking his play.

Jameis ran a TD in today, so not 0.I enjoy his play because despite the turnovers he continues to battle and put up points. He doesn't let turnovers shake him and battles back. You saw that today against the Colts despite sustaining a fractured thumb in his throwing hand before the half. The guy kept battling and threw two more TDs to two guys that you said would be the 5th and 6th options in the Bucs offense targets. He puts up points with his top options and without. He makes even ****ty receivers great. Brady as you alluded to can't.He is dependent on his weapons being quality. He is dependent on his oline. He is dependent on perfect passing conditions without pressure in his face.

Ill take the gunslinger. He puts up the points to neutralize the potential turnovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PR said:

Ah, we have entered the period of QB comparisons to try to sway voters. I just was liking his play.

Jameis ran a TD in today, so not 0.I enjoy his play because despite the turnovers he continues to battle and put up points. He doesn't let turnovers shake him and battles back. You saw that today against the Colts despite sustaining a fractured thumb in his throwing hand before the half. The guy kept battling and threw two more TDs to two guys that you said would be the 5th and 6th options in the Bucs offense targets. He puts up points with his top options and without. He makes even ****ty receivers great. Brady as you alluded to can't.He is dependent on his weapons being quality. He is dependent on his oline. He is dependent on perfect passing conditions without pressure in his face.

Ill take the gunslinger. He puts up the points to neutralize the potential turnovers.

I tried to convince myself of the same for four years while Jameis was on my roster.

I got over that pipe dream and you will too.

And if Brady needed all those things to win...he wouldn't be the GOAT.  But nice try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Putting up more yards?  Yes.  Playing better?  I would disagree.  Brady is dealing with multiple OL injuries, a nonexistent run game, nothing at TE, and one WR he can rely on as the others are running wrong routes and dropping balls.

 

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I tried to convince myself of the same for four years while Jameis was on my roster.

I got over that pipe dream and you will too.

And if Brady needed all those things to win...he wouldn't be the GOAT.  But nice try.

When Lukic mentioned he thought Winston was balling better, you disagreed and gave a number of reasons why Brady's play has been impacted. You can't say his play is impacted by these things and then deny that he doesn't rely on these things to rise up production wise.

As for Jameis, I have him on a one year deal anyways so, my time with him may be fleeting but it is his time to shine now with this game plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PR said:

 

When Lukic mentioned he thought Winston was balling better, you disagreed and gave a number of reasons why Brady's play has been impacted. You can't say his play is impacted by these things and then deny that he doesn't rely on these things to rise up production wise.

As for Jameis, I have him on a one year deal anyways so, my time with him may be fleeting but it is his time to shine now with this game plan.

Yes, a QB needs some functional help.  Even with almost nothing, Brady has his team easily making the playoffs.  Impact and reliance are not the same thing.  Also, I was talking about who was playing better.  If Jameis was in Bradys situation, he'd have been benched again.  My other point was that pure yardage does not equate to playing better.

And you can have hope that a game plan will change who Jameis is...but it wont.  Bottom line is that he is a loser.  IRL and BDL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got to go with Berlin. Jameis Winston is a terrible QB that specializes in throwing interceptions. When the playoff pressure is on, not for a second do I think he would do anything but crumble like a saltine cracker.

The rest of both offenses and defenses are both good but overall I give the talent edge to Berlin. This game truly is as simple as QB play for me 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there was more to Tom Brady's reoccurrent elbow injury. That sucks.

 

CS11iOA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Gasp!  A guy has a wrap after a game?

Be more desperate.

Literally quoting the source. Facts be facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PR said:

Literally quoting the source. Facts be facts.

That an NFL player is a little dinged up in week 14?  No one is 100% healthy at this point of the season.  

Brady took a helmet to the elbow and had ice on it after the game.  That's normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×