Jump to content
SirA1

BDL 2019 Divisional Round - #8 Hungary Hippos @ #1 Berlin Blitzkrieg

Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Hungary Hippos
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2019 at 05:01 AM

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

9 bench players on D?

 Portland has had 9 bench players on D all season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

 Portland has had 9 bench players on D all season

It's basically been 8 and 8.  Ricard is a two way player that xmad was too lazy to list at fb  so he went 7 o bench and 9 d bench 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It's basically been 8 and 8.  Ricard is a two way player that xmad was too lazy to list at fb  so he went 7 o bench and 9 d bench 

 Except that it's not. This is an argument that I have had several times already this season the rules are very clear just because he is too lazy to put in 8th player on office does not mean hes allowed to put a 9th player on d, period.

 You cannot call someone else out on cheating or doing something illegal if you're not gonna call out everybody that does it.

 The rules do not state that you are allowed to company sate your bench players by subtracting from one side to add to another that is not what it says it States that you are allowed to have 8 players on offense and 8 players on defense nowhere does he even state that you're allowed to have 16 total bench players it's pacifically says 8 players on off and and 8 players on defense.

#FACT

Edited by wwhickok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hippos wins 28-21. I hate Winston with a passion, but with a RPO and a good RB, his game should be much improved and less gambles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

 Except that it's not. This is an argument that I have had several times already this season the rules are very clear just because he is too lazy to put in 8th player on office does not mean hes allowed to put a 9th player on d, period.

 You cannot call someone else out on cheating or doing something illegal if you're not gonna call out everybody that does it.

 The rules do not state that you are allowed to company sate your bench players by subtracting from one side to add to another that is not what it says it States that you are allowed to have 8 players on offense and 8 players on defense nowhere does he even state that you're allowed to have 16 total bench players it's pacifically says 8 players on off and and 8 players on defense.

#FACT

Oh, you took my post as calling him a cheater.  It was purely wth u doing bro, learn to count, fix it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Oh, you took my post as calling him a cheater.  It was purely wth u doing bro, learn to count, fix it 

 I didn't say you call the PR a cheater.

 I did say you said he the roster with their legal the cheater comment wasn't about him. You are ignoring the point I get that 9+7=16. But the rules don't say you're allowed to have 16 total reserve players. It says you're allowed to have 8 offensive reserve players and 8 defensive. Not 7 off and 9 def. Not 9 off and 7 def. Not 1 off and 15 def. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Both teams want to run, and shut down the opponents run. Nice. 

A bit too much sensationalizing from PR for my liking on a couple of occasions. 1- Jameis Winston isn't someone that a team is going to need to account for in the running game. He's got escapability, but he's not a runner. And for the RPO that's fine. Nick Foles ran it to perfection and everyone knew he wasn't running. 2- Making it seem like Aaron Jones isn't someone to concern yourself with a defense because of a recent lull is ridiculous and a good way to get burned. He then showed that again this past weekend. 

I think both defenses game plans are actually going to be effective and this game is going to be tremendously ugly. The two back offense from PR is unconventional but Berlin's run defense is capable enough that I don't think it's going to cause some big disruption for Rags. 

It's been said a million times on here, but games this close are going to be decided by turnovers. We have a QB on one team who will dink and dunk his way down the field all game to a victory, and we have another QB so confident in his abilities he'll throw any pass into any coverage. Haha. Sad to say I think either QB PR put in this week would've been a detriment to him this week. He chose the right one, but Jameis will still be a problem in a game where two teams this good can't afford mistakes.

I think the thing you arent taking into account is how he would defend the 2RB backfield. His closest strategy alignment is the 3 wide where he has 1 guy reading the run. (since he thought I was so hamstrung that I was forced to go 3 and 4 wide this game and disnt take into account a split RB) I plan to run with Jameis 8-10 times as listed, I plan to spread the running game as well to two RBs on the field at once. One guy to spy 3 runners is asking a bit much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PR said:

I think the thing you arent taking into account is how he would defend the 2RB backfield. His closest strategy alignment is the 3 wide where he has 1 guy reading the run. (since he thought I was so hamstrung that I was forced to go 3 and 4 wide this game and disnt take into account a split RB) I plan to run with Jameis 8-10 times as listed, I plan to spread the running game as well to two RBs on the field at once. One guy to spy 3 runners is asking a bit much.

The only difference would be that the two guys I had on Fitz in 3 WR would be spying Mostert and sitting even closer in the box to defend against the run.  Exact same defensive scheme.  It's not like you not starting Fitz means that those two defensive players vanish.  

So it actually works out even better for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The only difference would be that the two guys I had on Fitz in 3 WR would be spying Mostert and sitting even closer in the box to defend against the run.  Exact same defensive scheme.  It's not like you not starting Fitz means that those two defensive players vanish.  

So it actually works out even better for me.

Save the fact I said Fitz would split reps with Sanu. So half the game when Fitz is in he would pull the double coverage leaving Mostert to free roam?

 

That said wouldn't this be considered hindsight gameplanning?

Edited by PR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious. Who is Byron Murphy covering?

I didnt put an enormous amount of weight into this however, Murphy has struggled this season and Sunday, he was horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PR said:

Save the fact I said Fitz would split reps with Sanu. So half the game when Fitz is in he would pull the double coverage leaving Mostert to free roam?

 

That said wouldn't this be considered hindsight gameplanning?

No, because I said that Byron takes the other outside WR.

It's no different than if I set up a defensive gameplan for a two TE set and you used a FB and TE.  Here, you replaced a slot WR(Fitz) with a RB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Just curious. Who is Byron Murphy covering?

I didnt put an enormous amount of weight into this however, Murphy has struggled this season and Sunday, he was horrible. 

As I said, Byron would have the other outside WR, which would be either Sanu or Fitz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

As I said, Byron would have the other outside WR, which would be either Sanu or Fitz.

Yet you also said Joyner would be on Fitz (specifically) so you have two designations contradicting themselves with him playing outside. And Kazee only comes into play on passes to the inside in coverage (inside release) which would mean single coverage on outside. You also said he was playing the run which literally could come from either RB or the QB in this scenario. Three people to account for in the running game on any given play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PR said:

Yet you also said Joyner would be on Fitz (specifically) so you have two designations contradicting themselves with him playing outside. And Kazee only comes into play on passes to the inside in coverage (inside release) which would mean single coverage on outside. You also said he was playing the run which literally could come from either RB or the QB in this scenario. Three people to account for in the running game on any given play. 

Fitz plays the slot.  I designated two people to him in the slot as stated in the write up by having Joyner listed as my NB.  I specifically said that Byron takes the other outside WR.  Instead of a slot, you used a second RB, so those two players watch Mostert.  

I also specifically said that Kazee is playing up in the box.  

Your argument here would be like me saying that, because you didn't specifically account for me running a 3 TE set or 2 RB set, readers can't extrapolate any of your gameplan to those sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardest game of the week for me. It's really really close.

I think both defenses have the upper hand, I do like Hungary running game a tad more than Berlin's here, but I think Hungary is more turnover prone. When it doubt, go to homefield advantage. 16-13 Berlin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×