BDL 2019 Divisional Round - #8 Hungary Hippos @ #1 Berlin Blitzkrieg

SirA1

Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2019 at 05:01 AM

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Fitz plays the slot.  I designated two people to him in the slot as stated in the write up by having Joyner listed as my NB.  I specifically said that Byron takes the other outside WR.  Instead of a slot, you used a second RB, so those two players watch Mostert.  

I also specifically said that Kazee is playing up in the box.  

Your argument here would be like me saying that, because you didn't specifically account for me running a 3 TE set or 2 RB set, readers can't extrapolate any of your gameplan to those sets.

Fitz plays outside and inside. It changes from play to play depending on formation. I rarely ever put Fitz in the slot in my gameplans preferring Metcalf there due to his size and speed. If I had Metcalf in that position how does that change your defense? You specifically have Slay outside covering him and Slay doesn't play nickel. But you have no written designation to ignore assignments if it doesnt meet your set criteria just like you don't say Joyner will switch assignments on plays Fitz isn't in the slot. You put your eggs all in one basket on this one and you guessed wrong is all.

Just now, PR said:

Fitz plays outside and inside. It changes from play to play depending on formation. I rarely ever put Fitz in the slot in my gameplans preferring Metcalf there due to his size and speed. If I had Metcalf in that position how does that change your defense? You specifically have Slay outside covering him and Slay doesn't play nickel. But you have no written designation to ignore assignments if it doesnt meet your set criteria just like you don't say Joyner will switch assignments on plays Fitz isn't in the slot. You put your eggs all in one basket on this one and you guessed wrong is all.

No, I went with a defensive gameplan that was flexible and it worked out perfectly fine, if not even more advantageous for me.  You don't have Fitz or Metcalf playing inside so that's not relevant.  I make it clear that Slay has Metcalf and Byron has the other outside WR.  There is no ignoring of assignments.

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

No, I went with a defensive gameplan that was flexible and it worked out perfectly fine, if not even more advantageous for me.  You don't have Fitz or Metcalf playing inside so that's not relevant.  I make it clear that Slay has Metcalf and Byron has the other outside WR.  There is no ignoring of assignments.

That wasn't flexible. You have specific assignments with Joyner specifically covering Fitz and Kazee specifically covering Fitz on inside release. No where did you say it was only when Fitz was in the slot. Nor did I say where anyone was playing in 3 and 4 wides whether Metcalf went inside or outside. You slipped up. 

1 minute ago, PR said:

That wasn't flexible. You have specific assignments with Joyner specifically covering Fitz and Kazee specifically covering Fitz on inside release. No where did you say it was only when Fitz was in the slot. Nor did I say where anyone was playing in 3 and 4 wides whether Metcalf went inside or outside. You slipped up. 

I have a different gameplan for 4 WR sets, so that's not relevant.  

And it's amusing how after you tried to call me out on retroactive game planning, you're now doing the same thing.  Metcalf doesn't play in the slot(11% IRL).  Fitz does play the slot(80% IRL).  But hey, if you want to try to force your guys into situations that disadvantages them, go right ahead.

Not to mention, if you are hedging your gameplan on this "We will also sport some 3WR and 4 WR looks sporadically throughout the game with Larry and Slayton."...well...good luck.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I have a different gameplan for 4 WR sets, so that's not relevant.  

And it's amusing how after you tried to call me out on retroactive game planning, you're now doing the same thing.  Metcalf doesn't play in the slot(11% IRL).  Fitz does play the slot(80% IRL).  But hey, if you want to try to force your guys into situations that disadvantages them, go right ahead.

Not to mention, if you are hedging your gameplan on this "We will also sport some 3WR and 4 WR looks sporadically throughout the game with Larry and Slayton."...well...good luck.

Except you literally said that the defense would be exactly the same as 3 wides (earlier) Fitz still isn't in the slot, Kazee still is looking for inside releases from Fitz even if outside as you did not state where Kazee was specifically lined up with Fitz anyways. You specifically said Joyner would be covering Fitz (without the designation that only if Fitz was in slot). Fitz has played inside and outside his entire career.

1 minute ago, PR said:

Except you literally said that the defense would be exactly the same as 3 wides (earlier) Fitz still isn't in the slot, Kazee still is looking for inside releases from Fitz even if outside as you did not state where Kazee was specifically lined up with Fitz anyways. You specifically said Joyner would be covering Fitz (without the designation that only if Fitz was in slot). Fitz has played inside and outside his entire career.

Yup, and Fitz has played almost exclusively slot for years now.  And you certainly never mentioned him playing anything other than the usual.

If you had meant to do that, you would have mentioned in specifically as you have in any other gameplan.  

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Yup, and Fitz has played almost exclusively slot for years now.  And you certainly never mentioned him playing anything other than the usual.

If you had meant to do that, you would have mentioned in specifically as you have in any other gameplan.  

Read back how many plans Fitz has been in the slot for me this year. Sounds like a lack of research on your part.

1 minute ago, PR said:

Read back how many plans Fitz has been in the slot for me this year. Sounds like a lack of research on your part.

I looked through a few and saw two examples where you specifically said you were going to play Metcalf in the slot as its a deviation from the norm.  You didn't do that here.  Not that it would really change a lot.  

This game gives me a headache.  Starting Jameis is fun, but is there really a yuge difference?  Not to me.  I think to utilize Winston best, give him 2 reads at most and throw intermediate/deep balls and hope he comes out as good Jameis.  Having him run a complex 2 RB RPO seems like a recipe for fumbles and confusion, cuz he dum dum.  Truly this is an ugly game and neither of these teams look like contenders atm.  I switched to watch Shawshank in the middle of the 2nd quarter.  Berlin 16 Hungary 10

It's a tough one to pick here. I like the idea of going all or nothing for Hungary with Winston because the upside is there, but are Metcalf and Sanu are far from being BDL #1 and #2 quality. Berlin can definitely go heavy to limit the run so in a boom or bust situation, I think Winston will bust a bit more in this instance. 

With that said it's not like Berlin moves the ball well either against a stout hungary D who I think planned well for what Berlin will be coming out with.

I hate to be that guy, but in what will likely be a cold weather game in Berlin's winter, Brady's got the experience getting it done in these types of big games whereas even if we get good Winston, there's invariably enough bad to put Hungary in strife. 

Berlin 19 - Hungary 13