1. 1. Who wins

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

BDL 2019 Divisional Round

Match: Camden Hood Rats @ Singapore Sentinels

Away Owner: @Jlash

Home Owner: @SirA1

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

•  
Edited by TedLavie

Camden

QB- Lamar Jackson
RB- Carlos Hyde
WR- DeAndre Hopkins
WR- Courtland Sutton
Slot- Cooper Kupp
TE- Jason Witten
LT- Isaiah Wynn
LG- Larry Warford
C- Chase Roullier
RG- Trai Turner
RT- Orlando Brown Jr
WR- AJ Brown
TE- Darren Fells
OL- Jason Peters
OL- Isaac Seumalo
QB- Jimmy Garoppolo

DE- Yannick Ngakoue
DT- Dexter Lawrence
DT- Damon Harrison 
DE- Maxx Crosby
LB- Darius Leonard
LB- Jaylon Smith
CB- AJ Bouye
CB- Denzel Ward
CB- Greedy Williams
S- Kevin Byard
S- Chuck Clark
DE- Carl Lawson
DT- Tim Jernigan
DT- Quinton Jefferson
LB- Todd Davis
S- Amani Hooker

Singapore

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB1: Kareem Hunt

WR1: Keenan Allen

WR2: Anthony Miller

WR3: Cole Beasley

WR4: David Moore

LT: Duane Brown

LG: Matt Feiler

C: Eric McCoy

RG: Billy Turner

RT: Marcus Cannon

--------------------

RB2: Latavius Murray

RB3: Darrel Williams

FB: Kyle Juszcyzk

TE1: Darren Waller

TE2: Tyler HIgbee

TE3: Foster Moreau

WR5: Mecole Hardman

OL6: Joe Staley (Q)

DE: Chandler Jones

DT: Aaron Donald

NT: Shelby Harris

DE: Danielle Hunter

WLB: Deion Jones

MLB: Reggie Ragland

CB: Quinton Dunbar

CB: Bradley Roby

SCB: Jonathan Jones

FS: Tracy Walker III

SS: Kareem Jackson

--------------------

DE3: Preston Smith

DE/DT3: Everson Griffen

DT4: Bilal NIchols

DT5: David Onyemata

CB4: Desmond King II

CB5: Jason McCourty (Q)

LB3/S3: Duron Harmon

S4: Jesse Bates III

Edited by TedLavie

Camden

Offense (RPO Power Pistol base)
Playoff time! We get to travel into Singapore to take on SirA and a very talented team. He beat us the last time we played by copy and pasting someone else's game plan, made for a different opponent to prove a point to the league. We didn't appreciate the disrespect then, and it's a big factor for us now.  On our offensive side of the ball today, we aren't going to get crazy, we're going to work to our strengths and let talent win the day. Here are some of our keys to the game.

Power Pistol run game- This will be our base set, how we line up for a majority of the game and run our RPO based offense out of. This set gives us the ability accentuates our offensive strengths. We give Lamar the ability to read a coverage and attack through the air right at the snap, but we can also use our big backs to play power football and run downhill at the Singapore defense, all while showing no tells and the defense not being able to key on one aspect. Running at this Singapore defense is a must, you can't just let this front pin their ears back and run. You need to start leaning on them, pressing them, wearing them down. From this formation they don't know what's coming and just attacking can be detrimental. I'm bringing 4 RB's into todays contest, 3 of them over 220 lbs and the "smallest" being 215. We want to get nasty in the trenches today. 

Quick plays in the pass game- With how aggressive the defensive line is, we want to get the ball out of Jackson's hand quickly. Our top 4 WR's are excel at the getting the ball quickly and making something happen after the catch. Singapore brings a decent set of corners into the matchup, but we're confident that against man or zone, our guys will be able to get open in part to how Singapore will have to respect our run, but more importantly how physical and talented this group is. Expect a lot of bunch and trip sets as usual, with lots of crossing patterns, quick outs and slants. These routes are all effective in getting guys open quickly and once they have the ball in their hands, they are in their element. Expect more than a few seam patterns from Sutton out of the RPO if Singapore creeps up a safety or plays a Cover 1 a lot. 

Protecting Lamar- Even with my offensive line back at full strength, protecting Lamar against a defensive line this good is paramount. The biggest key in having 3 really good receivers out wide is that you can focus other players on helping in protection and you don't hurt your offensive production. That's why most times today our TE and RB will be used as added blockers, giving us a 7 man protection on most plays. Often times, we'll stack our TE behind a tackle almost as an H-back, using motion from side to side to help figure out what the defense wants to do. Having him back there will also help if one of Sing's interior rushers gets free. This player also works as a lead blocker in the run game. Here is what that will look like:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsFekHWELjsXQvqLRUikI

Jackson Factor- I kept this for last, because the QB isn't the end all be all for any matchup, but I wanted to highlight how Jackson can impact a game like this against this particular defense. When you go against a defensive front that can attack as quickly as this one, having a QB who can escape and make a team pay is so important. Singapore is going to make plays, but Jackson has shown throughout his short career that he can and will make any defense pay that attacks recklessly by breaking off huge runs and deflating the opponents momentum. We're banking on this today, and in turn looking for it to neuter the aggressive nature of this defense, turning what makes them best into what hurts them most.

Defense (Cover 1 press man base)
Going up against an Aaron Rodgers led offense is never easy, but we think we match up pretty well against his weapons and can implement a plan to slow him down. Here are our keys.

Cover 1 press- This will be our base today, with one deep safety since we don't really fear too many deep options from Singapore other than Gordon occasionally. This will allow us to move Chuck Clark into our 'robber' role today, and work down and clog the area of the field that Singapore likes to work their offense, in the intermediate area of the field. Clark will switch off duties between roaming the intermediate part of the field, to covering Waller/RB and allowing Smith/Leonard to work LB blitzes, to blitzing himself and also to help against Singapores run game. Our coverage responsibilities are as follows:
Allen- Bouye
Gordon- Williams
Beasley- Ward
Darius Leonard and Jaylon Smith will switch off TE and RB duties. Letting them switch gives us the advantage of being able to blitz either of those guys while our robber fills in their responsibility. This keeps our coverage and pass rush veiled against Rodgers. If Hardman comes in, our defense will show more of a cover 2 look, Ward slides to Hardman and Witherspoon takes Ward's old assignment.

Vary the pass rush- We know we don't have a truly dominant pass rusher like Singapore features, but we get creative with our pass rush and we have a bunch of guys who get the job done. We have to ability to use line stunts and slants, and bringing LB/S blitzes. If either the RB or the TE stay in the block today, expect either Leonard or Smith/Clark to get after Rodgers on a delayed blitz. Expect a 'fire blitz' or two today where our LB's blitz and one or both of our DE's immediately jump back into the quick passing lane. Since SirA likes to work lots of short stuff and crossing routes, maybe we can make a splash play here. 

Bottle that run game- We think todays success will be predicated on how well Singapore can establish a run game. We know our base defense is strong against the run, and that will force them into being 1 dimensional. Even with some injuries Singapore brings talented runners, so we won't overlook them. If we can stop Rodgers from leaning on a run game, we feel like our secondary can hold down this offense for good today.

Singapore

Offense 

We are going to rotate Hunt and Murray with Hunt getting 60-65% of the snaps. Their defensive line is young except for Snacks, who isn’t 100%, and likes to get up field quickly, so we are going to run plenty of draws, traps and screens. This is mostly going to be an Air Raid offense this week however as we look to exploit key players missing in their secondary. Once we get inside the 10 yd line we’ll switch it up and go Jumbo with either 6 OL or 3 TE to allow Kareem Hunt to break a tackle and score.

4 WR - Our base set for this game, we will have Rodgers in shotgun most of the time to make sure he has time to find the Mike and see where the pressure is coming from. Both our RBs excel in shotgun as well on short screens after chipping an edge rusher. We will put a man in motion to give Rodgers information pre-snap. If they are in man, we will use our bunch to rub off defenders and get quick hitting crossing routes and option routes that Rodgers excels at. If it is zone, we will use those bunches to flood a zone and give Rodgers a more open target. Allen and Moore will be the outside WR and deep threats with Beasley and Miller working out of the slot. We will use a bunch set so our WRs can get a free release and also occasionally give the man in motion a Jet Sweep carry out of the backfield.

3 WR - We are going to use this set maybe 10% because we don’t want both Smith and Leonard on the field a lot of the time. Juszcyzk will come in and be used as a fullback. This allows us to give our RB a lead blocker in short yardage situations.

2 TE/3TE - We use this set maybe 20% of the time with Waller and Higbee. The seam should be open without Adams in this week for the Hood Rats. We will use that advantage to attack their secondary and move the chains. When in the Red Zone a 3rd TE in Moreau will come in and open up blocking lanes even further.

Defense 

We have two goals. Pressure Lamar Jackson and shut down the passing game.

Camden’s OL is very comparable to ours in sacks allowed (11-12) but our Defensive Line is the best in the BDL. Even more so now after adding Chandler Jones,who is familiar with the Rats. Our guys are all solid Run defenders that can get to the QB. Aaron Donald leads the league in QB pressures again this season and Shelby Harris can penetrate the middle as well. The wrinkle this week will be using Everson Griffen as a DT inside in our version of a Nascar package. This front will annihilate their OL and shut down Hyde/Montgomery.

We’ve got shutdown corners to spare this week and will let our guys man up on their sides of the field. Quinton Dunbar is playing like a Top 5 Corner this season and can cover Hopkins or Sutton. The same with the newly returning Bradley Roby who had an outstanding game last week. Jonathan Jones will take on Cooper Kupp in the slot with Kareem Jackson taking on either A.J. Brown or whatever TE Camden decides to use with Engram out this week. Tracy Walker will get single High coverage over the top.

Deion Jones will be the Spy on Jackson out of the backfield on designed runs and containment on roll outs. Reggie Ragland will have coverage duties on the RB. We like our chances with Jackson having such limited time to throw due to the pressure our front 4 can get by themselves.

Edited by TedLavie

As far as the run game goes, as good as Hunt can be, he really hasnt done a lot this season. Murray is nothing more than a JAG. Where as the Camden running backs I feel can have some legit success.

Reggie Ragland at MLB is an area i think camden can take advantage of. Also... Matt Feiler at LG....ik it worked against Aaron Donald for one game but man...he is a RT and against those Edge Rushers, that's where he should be. You're losing strength on your OL on the outside imo.

I've got no issue giving the passer edge to Arod but I give the passing game edge to the Camden receivers. I dont think the Singapore Defense has enough juice to shut down Lamar Jackson, in fact, I think part of it has proven as much irl.

I've gotta give this to Camden; 24-13

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 5:16 PM, wwhickok said:

As far as the run game goes, as good as Hunt can be, he really hasnt done a lot this season. Murray is nothing more than a JAG. Where as the Camden running backs I feel can have some legit success.

Reggie Ragland at MLB is an area i think camden can take advantage of. Also... Matt Feiler at LG....ik it worked against Aaron Donald for one game but man...he is a RT and against those Edge Rushers, that's where he should be. You're losing strength on your OL on the outside imo.

I've got no issue giving the passer edge to Arod but I give the passing game edge to the Camden receivers. I dont think the Singapore Defense has enough juice to shut down Lamar Jackson, in fact, I think part of it has proven as much irl.

I've gotta give this to Camden; 24-13

Marcus Cannon is the better RT over Feiler. Feiler is the future though. I'm putting my best 5 OL on the field and with Feiler actually playing LG even for one game this year is better than some of the switcheroos people are doing with RG/LG-RT/LT.

My WR's/TE's are better than what Rodgers has IRL with Allen vs. Adams being the closest. 

Murray outplayed Kamara this weekend and was a stud when given the opportunity. earlier in the year. 

I'm not going to bore you anymore with the stats to back it up.

This is also not an attack on your opinion or vote. Just trying to sway the voters. I mean I got about 10 sacks from my front 7 this week alone.

Edited by SirA1

33 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Marcus Cannon is the better RT over Feiler. Feiler is the future though. I'm putting my best 5 OL on the field and with Feiler actually playing LG even for one game this year is better than some of the switcheroos people are doing with RG/LG-RT/LT.

My WR's/TE's are better than what Rodgers has IRL with Allen vs. Adams being the closest. 

Murray outplayed Kamara this weekend and was a stud when given the opportunity. earlier in the year. 

I'm not going to bore you anymore with the stats to back it up.

This is also not an attack on your opinion or vote. Just trying to sway the voters. I mean I got about 10 sacks from my front 7 this week alone.

All points you are making are valid and you have every right to try to sway voters.

I don't necessarily disagree on some of your point although I just don't really like Matt fire at left guard even though he did it for the steelers and even though Murray has at games where hes looked better than Kamara I'm not about to say that Murray is the better running back.