REASONS FOR OPTIMISM-DEFENSE

TheOnlyThing

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

When you have a role player playing full time snaps like Lancaster and the Goodson/Campbell/Sullivan 3 headed monster is, that is a starting spot hole. 

I disagree with your analysis. The grades are saying the 4 players you mentioned  are doing their jobs and performing capable. That is literally the definition of not a hole. Could we do better?...of course. But we could also be starting Kentrall Brice or UDFA level corners in the playoffs like we have in recent history 

Just now, Boondoggle said:

How do you rate Greene?  Defense seemed to have had drop off since he was injured.  Campbell has been better than Redmond/Sullivan.  Still a hole that needs an upgrade (or Burks finds his way)?

I know this is true but it's so damn hard for me to believe it really had much to do with Greene. 

18 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

How do you rate Greene?  Defense seemed to have had drop off since he was injured.  Campbell has been better than Redmond/Sullivan.  Still a hole that needs an upgrade (or Burks finds his way)?

I think the Packers just caught people off guard early in the season and then once the teams had a chance to review some 2019 game films they adjusted accordingly.  There is no doubt that communication was poor when Redmond was in there ... things got quite a bit better once Campbell was inserted.  We could use an upgrade at that spot .. it's basically a starting role that we play fringe talents at.   

20 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

The only good offense the team has faced since Campbell came back is SF. The other 4 were garbage. 

22 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

Tough to rate Greene, not a lot of reps there.  And everyone looked good in that first Bears game.  Fast.

PFF really likes Sullivan, for what that is worth.  Really surprised me.  Could be one to watch there.  Sullivan.

75.7 score as a safety.  A full 6 points ahead of Savage.

Edited by vegas492

I'll give you some reasons.

1. First and foremost, Kenny Clark is healthy. People were actually questioning if we should re-sign this guy? C'mon. He clearly, and I mean clearly was playing hurt in the beginning of the year. He's healthy now, and is a top tier DT. 

2. I think our defense can truly clean up these miscues. A major problem of ours is giving up the big play due to missed assignments. That may be a problem still the rest of the way, but if we can clean that up even a bit, the defense is very good.

3. Too talented. There's way too much talent on this D. TBH I think if we have a chance to shut a team down any week if they show up together, I really believe this. 

11 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I'll give you some reasons.

1. First and foremost, Kenny Clark is healthy. People were actually questioning if we should re-sign this guy? C'mon. He clearly, and I mean clearly was playing hurt in the beginning of the year. He's healthy now, and is a top tier DT. 

2. I think our defense can truly clean up these miscues. A major problem of ours is giving up the big play due to missed assignments. That may be a problem still the rest of the way, but if we can clean that up even a bit, the defense is very good.

3. Too talented. There's way too much talent on this D. TBH I think if we have a chance to shut a team down any week if they show up together, I really believe this. 

If there's a reason to be positive about this defense, it's #2. This secondary is young and the safeties in particular are new. You hope that as they keep getting the reps, they become more comfortable and better.

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

Outpost is whatever they call Alex Jones network. I know that 

Not sure on CNN. Me probably considering how much I hate the OP and how often he makes me cry.

"QBs are worthless, Aaaron Rodgers is part of the deep state, and offensive guards are responsible for the climate change conspiracy. Come at me bro"

Image result for alex jones tin hat

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Norm said:

Outpost is whatever they call Alex Jones network. I know that

I am the most progressive on this entire site when it comes to football so I don't know how you can possibly compare me to the most conservative news personality ever.  If I was Alex Jones I'd be saying we need a QB and a running back to win it all and that we need to protect him with interior linemen and receivers.  Like people believed in 1980. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I am the most progressive on this entire site when it comes to football so I don't know how you can possibly compare me to the most conservative news personality ever.  If I was Alex Jones I'd be saying we need a QB and a running back to win it all and that we need to protect him with interior linemen and receivers.  Like people believed in 1980. 

Way more fun to call you Alex Jones though.