REASONS FOR OPTIMISM-DEFENSE

TheOnlyThing

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

it wasn't that long ago that the optimism for the defense was due to the young and "ascending" players.    Randall, Rollins, Clinton-Dix, Ryan, Martinez, Clark, Lowry, Elliott, Banjo, Evans, Whitehead, Fackrell, Hawkins

Yes, but this time we have some legitimate talent already established in the Smiths, Clark, and Amos. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So Mike Daniels, Clay Matthews, Morgan Burnett, Sam Shields were not legitimate talent?

Sam Shields? He played 1 game in 2016 Which was several of those guys first year. Morgan Burnett was up and down but yeah, Matthews and Daniels were studs. 

On 12/22/2019 at 5:44 PM, Golfman said:

Actually as of today, King and Gary are JAGs, but that is the thing with developmental guys, you never know. In your world, the sky is always falling. I get it, but it does get tiresome! 

Bumping this for relevance

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, and when it was posted it was correct, but I notice you didn't post the ORIGINAL post I made which is more relevant. Just proves what a tool you are! 

How did Cousins play action work without Cook today? Should I act as childish as you and pump your reply for relevance? 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Safe to say the scheme change in the middle of the season made them look like jags at times.  I’ve never thought they were jags like some, but I sure has heck didn’t think the soft scheme did them any favors either.  Tonight’s game plan and execution was fantastic.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:00 AM, Golfman said:

Here are my reasons for optimism on defense: young, developing talent. WE have a lot of guys who are in years 1-3 who are still learning. Some will never get there but there is a chance 3-5 of these guys can become exceptional football players. Some may even become dominant at their position. Then you throw in the vets who will be around a while who are solid to exceptional and the talent is there. Just need to put the pieces together in a cohesive unit. 

Savage
Green
Hollman
Sullivan
Brown
Alexander
Jackson
King 
Gary
Burks
Bolton
Summers
Kingsley
Lancaster
Adams

On 12/22/2019 at 6:44 PM, Golfman said:

Actually as of today, King and Gary are JAGs, but that is the thing with developmental guys, you never know. In your world, the sky is always falling. I get it, but it does get tiresome! 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

See I added all of my posts for 'relevance'! If you were honest you'd have done the same and by the way, King and Gary played like JAGs up until this game. 

Let's hope it continues because it makes our defense special, like tonight if they do! 

Got some cats at end, a boss in the middle, a few young dudes in the secondary.  Not sure what you are gonna get from week to week but a core group of 3-5 will get better every week.  If they get hot and they keep getting to the QB it gets weird in a good way very quickly.