REASONS FOR OPTIMISM-DEFENSE

TheOnlyThing

4 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

19.5 ppg in 2019 compared to 25.0 in 2018.

Pettine and Gute deserve a lot of credit.

A LOT.

Don't look now, but over the last 4-5 games the Packers D is allowing a mere 12.5-13 points per game. That is championship defense, friends.

i think they would have shut out the Vikings without the turnovers and turnovers are very inconsistent to this team.

i also believe that they will shut out the lions next week. 

Be afraid, NFC, be very afraid...

this team is peaking on defense at the perfect time!!

6 minutes ago, 66PinG said:

Don't look now, but over the last 4-5 games the Packers D is allowing a mere 12.5-13 points per game. That is championship defense, friends.

i think they would have shut out the Vikings without the turnovers and their own offensive turnovers are very inconsistent to this team.

i also believe that they will shut out the lions next week. 

Be afraid, NFC, be very afraid...

this team is peaking on defense at the perfect time!!

Edited for clarity

Edited by 66PinG

Great defensive performance against the Vikes.  Again.  Common denominator?  Horrible offensive line for the Vikings.  Bradbury in his first year is garbage.  When Lowry and Lancaster are making plays in the backfield, consistently, that should tell you your o-line is awful.

Love the win, don't get me wrong, but man, that Viking offensive line is not good.  And that is putting it mildly.

33 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Great defensive performance against the Vikes.  Again.  Common denominator?  Horrible offensive line for the Vikings.  Bradbury in his first year is garbage.  When Lowry and Lancaster are making plays in the backfield, consistently, that should tell you your o-line is awful.

Love the win, don't get me wrong, but man, that Viking offensive line is not good.  And that is putting it mildly.

But that was NOT the narrative heading in.  They claim to have a great roster, their own words-great!  They didn't need Cook because Boone would do the job.  They are not that good.  Packers get judged by their two west coast games, the Vikings should be held accountable, they looked like crap.  We lost the turnover stat and still handed them their a**.  Now their excuse is that they didn't have their top RB, well- guess what..Cook hasn't played a whole season yet, he gets hurt....EVERY year.

Sorry, but working in the twin cities and listening to the garbage that falls out of their mouth......Merry effin' Christmas.

SKOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Golfman said:

See I added all of my posts for 'relevance'! If you were honest you'd have done the same and by the way, King and Gary played like JAGs up until this game. 

Let's hope it continues because it makes our defense special, like tonight if they do! 

King was an average #2 corner, up until this game. He wasn't a JAG.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I agree that the Vikings offensive line is not very good.

However, prior to last evening the Vikes were 4th BEST in the NFL with only given 23 sacks given up over 14 games.

And the RT O'Neill had not given up a sack in over 1,000 snaps and was rated pretty highly overall.

The improvement on the defensive side of the ball is as real as it gets.

Edited by TheOnlyThing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

King was an average #2 corner, up until this game. He wasn't a JAG.

An average #2 CB is a JAG by definition. That means there are at least 40 guys better than you at your position. 

I sure do hope he's turned a corner because he's got a skill set that we need to play like that on a consistent basis. Get him playing like that regularly and we are a much better defense. Especially when you see K Clark dominating again in the interior. 

Go back to my original post in this thread! I was spot on! 

Just now, CWood21 said:

You and I have very, very different definitions of JAGs.

I'm OK with that! Love Kevin King, think he was under preforming for a long stretch this year. I think he has pro-bowl type of talent. Hope it is starting to come together. For the a long stretch this year, he was playing like a JAG. Our defensive resurgence started the week he sat out I believe. Maybe that is what he needed. 

He was giving up a big play or two a game for what seemed like 8 weeks or so. 

Again, if he turned the corner and is ready to play like last night consistently, watch out, this d will be legit. Again, Kenny Clark is playing his *** off again after battling some injuries and that is a big help too.  

BTW, I believe in this kids ability so much, I'd like to extend him this off season rather than wait and not be able to afford him next off season. I do think he's possibly arrived and ready to be consistent. 

Just now, Golfman said:

I'm OK with that! Love Kevin King, think he was under preforming for a long stretch this year. I think he has pro-bowl type of talent. Hope it is starting to come together. For the a long stretch this year, he was playing like a JAG. Our defensive resurgence started the week he sat out I believe. Maybe that is what he needed. 

He was giving up a big play or two a game for what seemed like 8 weeks or so. 

Again, if he turned the corner and is ready to play like last night consistently, watch out, this d will be legit. Again, Kenny Clark is playing his *** off again after battling some injuries and that is a big help too.  

BTW, I believe in this kids ability so much, I'd like to extend him this off season rather than wait and not be able to afford him next off season. I do think he's possibly arrived and ready to be consistent. 

An average starting CB aren't a dime a dozen, which are what JAGs are.  If you think you're going to sign someone off the street whose going to play at league average at arguably the most difficult position to play in the NFL, we're going to disagree.

Just now, CWood21 said:

An average starting CB aren't a dime a dozen, which are what JAGs are.  If you think you're going to sign someone off the street whose going to play at league average at arguably the most difficult position to play in the NFL, we're going to disagree.

We could sign someone off the street to play as well as Kevin King has for a good part of this year. The difference is that guy would probably not be capable of the game he played last night. If you go back and read my original post in this thread I think it is pretty clear. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

We could sign someone off the street to play as well as Kevin King has for a good part of this year. The difference is that guy would probably not be capable of the game he played last night. If you go back and read my original post in this thread I think it is pretty clear. 

I don't think you could sign a guy off the street to play like Kevin King at King's worst this year.