(Polls) Should We Trade OBJ?

Mind Character

OBJ  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Trade OBJ?

• Hell no. Trading OBJ is ridiculous. OBJ is so far down the list of problems with this team. Fix those things first (i.e., Coaching, OLine, QB consistency, Chemistry) before you give in to trading away a currently hobbled generational talent. Contrary to popular belief he's a good teammate.It's not as if somehow OBJ magically sucks or lost his powers now.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Yes. Trade him. He's always a locker room issue; he sucks now it's obvious. I mean look at those drops. He can't make plays and would rather worry about cleats and watches; he doesn't care about the game enough ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Regrettably, we should trade him because I'm afraid the Freddie-Lindley connection will never use him right and Baker can't seem to get on the same page with him and get the ball to him naturally. Might as well trade him. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Yes. We should trade him and use the picks we get for him on both an OLIneman and WR. Dorsey will make the picks we get for him into a good OLineman and WR and maybe more. Think about it; we'd be trading a generational WR for a OLineman and WR. 2 is better than 1. Do it ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. 2. Does Freddie Kitchens ever get this team to the playoffs?

3. 3. Does Freddie Kitchens ever get this team beyond the 1st round of the playoffs?

This is a good draft. Trade him for a first and I'd consider it a great move overall by dorsey. Gave up a first in a crappy draft and gets a first in this draft.

Throw in a little more to sweeten the deal.

OBJ could've just squashed the rumors and he didn't. Don't need him to win.

In the long term I'd much rather be able to keep Chubb hunt a bunch of ol and stud out the defense and ol. 

• Like 1

The bottom line is that if the rumors are true that he has already been talking about not wanting to be here, which does seem believable at this point, I don’t think he will be around for that long. And I don’t think it’s in our best interest or his to keep him here if this is not where he wants to be. He was traded here, he didn’t sign here is a free agent. Fish around the market and see what you can do. Of course I would like to see the situation redeemed. But I also don’t want to see it get ugly, and I don’t want him to spend the prime of his career somewhere that he doesn’t want to be either. 

-Odell is politely saying he want out without saying it, that's fine, as long as he's on his best behavior it will bode well for us as far as suitors as opposed to the volatile AB situation. As I said before, flash and flare isn't and shouldn't be our identity, cut our losses while his value is high and watch us take off. Book it

-Also, we quietly didn't really need a name receiver last year, we were getting it done passing wise with the likes of guys like Landry,Higgins, Callaway, and Perriman

-We need to invest in a stud reliable TE and be a 12 personnel team

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-Odell is politely saying he want out without saying it, that's fine, as long as he's on his best behavior it will bode well for us as far as suitors as opposed to the volatile AB situation. As I said before, flash and flare isn't and shouldn't be our identity, cut our losses while his value is high and watch us take off. Book it

-Also, we quietly didn't really need a name receiver last year, we were getting it done passing wise with the likes of guys like Landry,Higgins, Callaway, and Perriman

-We need to invest in a stud reliable TE and be a 12 personnel team

OBJ for OJ Howard?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

That'd be fine with me.

11 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Trade OBJ and draft Ceedee Lamb :P

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

I would LOVE to somehow get Ceedee. Dudes going to be a stud, and Baker would do wonders with him. 

1.) Take a generational hobbled WR not being utilized correctly in what should be a run first, play-action, quick rhythm attack and replace them with a lesser talented great WR prospect.

2.) Don't change anything else

3.) Hope for different results

4.) Look up the definition of insanity

Replacing OBJ with another WR like CeeDee (who is one of my favorite prospects) is the type of madness I don't understand as Lamb wouldn't impact the game any differently until other issues on our offense are addressed; namely, the OLine play, Baker's eyes and footwork, and the play-caller integrating plays that flow off one another.

Assuming Baker and Lamb's past experience will change everything is a misnomer imo. 

If we're just going to get another WR, why not fix the other issues and ride out with OBJ.

15 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

OBJ for OJ Howard?

hahah... utter madness..

might as well trade OBJ for some blue chews, some cool ranch doritos, and a stiff kick down yonder..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

1.) Take a generational hobbled WR not being utilized correctly in what should be a run first, play-action, quick rhythm attack and replace them with a lesser talented great WR prospect.

I agree he isn't being used correctly and that CeeDee Lamb might be a downgrade. But if OBJ doesn't want to be here, he needs to go. I don't know if that's necessarily true though. I think this relationship can be reconciled.

2.) Don't change anything else

3.) Hope for different results

4.) Look up the definition of insanity

Essentially trading a disgruntled WR for a superstar WR prospect who will cost a fraction of the money is not insane. It's only insane if OBJ wants to be here.

Replacing OBJ with another WR like CeeDee (who is one of my favorite prospects) is the type of madness I don't understand as Lamb wouldn't impact the game any differently until other issues on our offense are addressed; namely, the OLine play, Baker's eyes and footwork, and the play-caller integrating plays that flow off one another.

We need to cut the cancers out of this team. If OBJ isn't going to play hard for this team, he needs to go. I haven't seen anything to suggest he doesn't play hard, but if that's what's going on behind closed doors, we need to get him out of here.

Assuming Baker and Lamb's past experience will change everything is a misnomer imo.

No rookie WR is going to come in here and tell teams to trade for him, if that's actually true.

If we're just going to get another WR, why not fix the other issues and ride out with OBJ.

I'd love to ride it out with OBJ. But if he's going to constantly be a distraction and is actually saying the things people are saying he said, he needs to be jettisoned out of here.

• Like 2

Yeah I don’t know if anyone want to trade ObJ just because, but if he doesn’t want to be here it’s prolly the right move.  

If he’s honestly openly campaigning for teams to “come get him” I’d move him and not think twice.

You can’t complain about a lack of a culture building HC while dismissing that behavior.

• Like 2

I don’t even know if OBJ is still good honestly 

maybe he just isn’t a great player anymore

i mean that catch was like back in 2014. Maybe all these injuries have just caught up to him. I’ve seen him make three nice plays all season. 

I just don’t think he’s a top 10 receiver anymore. Chris Godwin is probably a better player at this point. 

21 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t even know if OBJ is still good honestly 

maybe he just isn’t a great player anymore

i mean that catch was like back in 2014. Maybe all these injuries have just caught up to him. I’ve seen him make three nice plays all season. 

I just don’t think he’s a top 10 receiver anymore. Chris Godwin is probably a better player at this point. 

Oh boy lmao