(Polls) Should We Trade OBJ?

Mind Character

OBJ  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Trade OBJ?

• Hell no. Trading OBJ is ridiculous. OBJ is so far down the list of problems with this team. Fix those things first (i.e., Coaching, OLine, QB consistency, Chemistry) before you give in to trading away a currently hobbled generational talent. Contrary to popular belief he's a good teammate.It's not as if somehow OBJ magically sucks or lost his powers now.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Yes. Trade him. He's always a locker room issue; he sucks now it's obvious. I mean look at those drops. He can't make plays and would rather worry about cleats and watches; he doesn't care about the game enough ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Regrettably, we should trade him because I'm afraid the Freddie-Lindley connection will never use him right and Baker can't seem to get on the same page with him and get the ball to him naturally. Might as well trade him. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Yes. We should trade him and use the picks we get for him on both an OLIneman and WR. Dorsey will make the picks we get for him into a good OLineman and WR and maybe more. Think about it; we'd be trading a generational WR for a OLineman and WR. 2 is better than 1. Do it ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. 2. Does Freddie Kitchens ever get this team to the playoffs?

3. 3. Does Freddie Kitchens ever get this team beyond the 1st round of the playoffs?

The Freddie stuff I'm more conflicted on.

OBJ? The guy is playing his keister off with a sports hernia, still being a solid teammate, and you want to trade him for (coming off an injured season) what would almost assuredly be a lesser haul than what we gave up for him? Hell no.

Make a final call on HC, draft/sign some OTs, lock up the guys who deserve extensions, and call it an offseason.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I saw people posting places about how Odell quit against Cincy by leaving the field after that vertical route because Tiki Barber said he sat on the bench in frustration after that route. Those takes disregard what anyone that plays football knows that when a player has a hamstring or core muscle injury and they run a hard deep vertical they come out the next play instead of running back to down field to get the next play off on time and put more strain. That's basic high school football injury management.

Exactly.

That said...it's also abundantly clear Beckham is 100% done with Baker not getting him the ball when he's open.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

The Freddie stuff I'm more conflicted on.

OBJ? The guy is playing his keister off with a sports hernia, still being a solid teammate, and you want to trade him for (coming off an injured season) what would almost assuredly be a lesser haul than what we gave up for him? Hell no.

Make a final call on HC, draft/sign some OTs, lock up the guys who deserve extensions, and call it an offseason.

Agreed. 

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I saw people posting places about how Odell quit against Cincy by leaving the field after that vertical route because Tiki Barber said he sat on the bench in frustration after that route. Those takes disregard what anyone that plays football knows that when a player has a hamstring or core muscle injury and they run a hard deep vertical they come out the next play instead of running back to down field to get the next play off on time and put more strain. That's basic high school football injury management.

I mean, I’m sure he was frustrated but he was prolly also winded.  

That said, being frustrated when you’re open can’t be a consistent thing, and it is with him it seems. 

It’s not like Baker can always make sure OBJ isn’t covered before making a throw.  At least not with out tackles and guys like Jarvis on the other side wanting passes thrown his way too.

Running wide open and not getting the ball is part of the game.

And maybe it’s harmless frustration, but just like Baker’s dumbass comments at the podium and on Twitter, the body language matters.  Especially when you’re under a microscope and OBJ falls short there, just like Baker has. 

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Sounds like a guy that doesn’t want to be here to me. Shake my head media. 

I mean, that’s like 20k if he paid retail (he didn’t).

While obviously a nice gesture, for perspective that’s the financial equivalent to a guy making 75k a year slurping $75 dollars on his coworkers (again assuming he paid retail).

I’m not sure it means much of anything other than he has an endorsement deal with Nike and is absurdly wealthy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

While obviously a nice gesture, for perspective that’s the financial equivalent to a guy making 75k a year slurping $75 dollars on his coworkers (again assuming he paid retail).

I’m not sure it means much of anything other than he has an endorsement deal with Nike and is absurdly wealthy.

Yeah I get you, but I’ve not heard read anything that substantiates this. 

I wish I could find it but Freddie pretty much emasculates Darryl Ruiter in his presser today. 

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wish my coworkers would spend $75 on me!