Bears @ Packers, 12/15, 12:00 GDT

beardown3231

This team... predicting their games is just a big shrug.  They looked great last week, and seem to be improving, but then again they have enthusiastically sucked balls for most of the season... 

I think the offense comes back to earth but the defense steps up and they find a way to win and keep my idiot playoff hopes alive.  Bears 19 Packers 17. Including a missed XP

My attendance at a trade show is contingent on the Bears being OUT of the playoffs, and people are getting really upset with me when I say we have a 96% chance of attending.  

Edited by RunningVaccs
  • Like 1

Bears need this game more than the pack does..... BUT

The teams we've beaten are all bottom feeders this year, and our OL has been getting consistently "big brother-ed" by the Pack DL recently...... and Mitch gets jumpy when consistently pressured and/or the running game stalls forcing him to rely on his arm...

Furthermore, I think GB will be smart enough to dare Mitch to play the underneath game and just wait for him to make mistakes. Detroit bombed playing man instead of zone, and Dallas kept letting us throw deeper (though given Mitches' downfield accuracy that wasn't exactly a terrible plan).

If Prince isn't back, I see them making more big plays than we do, while forcing Mitch to try and play the Brees/Brady/Peyton game of methodically beating them in the short game, which I just don't see Mitch doing...

THAT BEING SAID.... I think the right side of our OL is better than it was at the start of the season (Long/Massie both being gone), Wims over Gabriel can be a big factor (particularly if we really do need to use more short game), and we finally found some damn TEs who can actually impact the game.... so there's some hope.

My gut says 60% chance of packers win, and I could see it being a double digit loss if  everything goes poorly for the offense, or at most a 7point spread on a bears win.... Rodgers is too clutch to blow them out.  I think we need at least 28 points to take this game.

Edited by Epyon

17 minutes ago, Epyon said:

The teams we've beaten are all bottom feeders this year, and our OL has been getting consistently "big brother-ed" by the Pack DL recently...... and Mitch gets jumpy when consistently pressured and/or the running game stalls forcing him to rely on his arm...

Furthermore, I think GB will be smart enough to dare Mitch to play the underneath game and just wait for him to make mistakes. Detroit bombed playing man instead of zone, and Dallas kept letting us throw deeper (though given Mitches' downfield accuracy that wasn't exactly a terrible plan).

If Prince isn't back, I see them making more big plays than we do, while forcing Mitch to try and play the Brees/Brady/Peyton game of methodically beating them in the short game, which I just don't see Mitch doing...

THAT BEING SAID.... I think the right side of our OL is better than it was at the start of the season (Long/Massie both being gone), Wims over Gabriel can be a big factor (particularly if we really do need to use more short game), and we finally found some damn TEs who can actually impact the game.... so there's some hope.

My gut says 60% chance of packers win, and I could see it being a double digit loss if  everything goes poorly for the offense, or at most a 7point spread on a bears win.... Rodgers is too clutch to blow them out.  I think we need at least 28 points to take this game.

Is Z.Smith going to play? He left the WASH game early. Looked like he hit his knee pretty hard, maybe like a bad bruise or something. I wouldn't say they've been big-brothered by the Packers' DL "recently." They lost week 1 but it's not like week 14 or whatever last year was a big performance from their DL.

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

The Packers can be beaten if the Bears play as well as  a capable. Green Bay didn't exactly dominate a bad Washington team. Green Bay is a very weak 10-3 team. They are more like a 8-5 team.

1 hour ago, TB 1 said:

The Packers can be beaten if the Bears play as well as  a capable. Green Bay didn't exactly dominate a bad Washington team. Green Bay is a very weak 10-3 team. They are more like a 8-5 team.

It wouldn't be a December without their dopey fan base crushing their sure fire, first ballot HOF QB despite a well-above .500 record.

19 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Mitch lights them up and says after the game that "we wanted to make them play defense"....

Or uses the word "lost" a lot since around Halloween Zadarius Smith tweeted a photoshopped picture and faintly in the background there was a photo of Trubisky on a tree and it said "lost" above it