Bears @ Packers, 12/15, 12:00 GDT

beardown3231

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Is it just me or does Cohen make no one miss in space anymore? It's like they just sit and wait for him to run to him. Maybe it's just the last few weeks I haven't seen anything?

I agree, except he hasn't really made anyone miss in a year. The only time is the occasional quick shimmy on a punt return.

• Like 1

Just now, Epyon said:

On the bright side.... Losing this game now is probably a blessing.. 

All this "we might make the playoffs" nonsense was distracting from looking honestly at some pretty fundamental flaws with this team. We lose this one, and the focus immediately shifts to next year and getting this team fixed via FA/draft and we can use the remaining games to evaluate anyone on the bubble. This team was never going to win a super bowl as is. 

This, I'm sick of this thinking that one or two players is going to make us contenders. As bad as Mitch is playing, our offense is terrible on all fronts. Our QB play is below average, our offensive line is so terrible we aren't able to establish any rhythm on offense and the running lanes are nonexistant, and we are lacking explosive weapons to score enough points. There might be a throw here and there that Mitch is missing but we need more explosive weapons. We need guys to get wide open on every play if given the right amount of time. We need to upgrade our offense massively if we ever want to contend with the good teams.

Vs our division rival 6 points in two games isn't going to cut it. When opposing teams see the Packers look like the '85 Bears everytime they face us, very little scheming needs to be done by opposing defensive coordinators when we face other teams. To win vs a talented QB like Rodgers we have to be able to put up +25 points in a competitive game not racking up garbage stats in a blowout.

Sometimes the best defense is a good offense, especially when we aren't able to have sustained drives which end up in points. You can argue that we have ZERO cornerstone players on offense. Allen Robinson is playing great but he can be eliminated with double coverage on big downs. We need players that command double teams and beat them.

Even though I'd have Hunter Henry on top of the FA priority list since he addresses a major need at TE, I wouldn't mind taking a look at AJ Green. Even though he might not have had the best durability when he's on the field he plays like a top 5 WR in the league. He has made Andy Dalton look like a servicable QB for nearly 10 years. Imagine what this offense can do with a 6'4'' possesion receiver like him. Even with little time in the pocket, with his catch radius and physicality he could be a big threat.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

I agree, except he hasn't really made anyone miss in a year. The only time is the occasional quick shimmy on a punt return.

That's what I was thinking but just wasn't sure. Wasn't sure if it was just using current events and being a revisionist or not. Ugh. 

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Is it just me or does Cohen make no one miss in space anymore? It's like they just sit and wait for him to run to him. Maybe it's just the last few weeks I haven't seen anything?

Part of the issue there is timing... Cohen needs to be getting the ball in stride to have a shot.. Right now he's stopping and waiting on the ball to get there. 

Now granted his start /stop potential should give him an advantage in a fair1v1, but that time spent waiting on the ball is giving the defender time to get into position.

Edit : that's also not to excuse Cohen completely... He's clearly not the same player he was coming out. He's gone from the most dynamic player on the team, to basically a poor man's Tavon Austin (ie a gadget weapon that can't get going) 

Edited by Epyon