Bears @ Packers, 12/15, 12:00 GDT

beardown3231

Ugly game overall. 

No one on the OL had a good game that I saw.  I may be corrected but there was pressure given up everywhere.

Leno should have to fight to be a starter next year. 

Montgomery had his usual constantly-hit-at-the-line game. Still unsure if He is going to develop but he isn't getting any help in the run game. 

TEs played today?

ARob was great, Miller was really good other than a lazy one handed attempt on a potential huge play.

Cohen is a receiving RB, not a WR. He isn't a game breaker anymore though. 

Tru showed yet again he isn't worth a big deal or worth paying the 5th year option on.

Kicker did what he was supposed to and accounted for over half our points. 

I see no reason not to take a QB early if Nagy thinks he can better 18ppg. Talent needs added everywhere, if you consider Patterson a 3rd RB and can make him more team friendly (cap-wise) then leave that position alone. Wasting a pretty damn good defensive effort. 

Sacrifice HH to any god that wants him.

Gut the guys that aren't worth their cap hit (Long, Gabriel. Shaheen). Trade Floyd to be able to add more cost friendly players. 

Pay 1 OL to lock a spot down and TE in FA. Try for a number 2 WR. 

Draft a QB Nagy wants and OT in the 2nd. 

If the offense founders next year as badly as this year then Pace and Nagy both need booted. The coaching and most of the players have been too disappointing overall. 

Edited by Sugashane

I think he's been just good enough that it ends up like Cutler.... "Oh we just need XXX and/or YYY to help him".... and then end up going no where because Trubisky still isn't good enough to win a big one.

That being said, I've also come around on my opinion of what to do this offseason, too.... The only QB I'd take from this draft right now is Burrow, and there is absolutely no way in the universe he doesn't go 1st overall, which we can't afford to trade up to (and even if we did, the team has too many holes to fill for him to fix us)

We simply have no choice but to overhaul the offensive line and try and embrace our fate as a "run first" team....   Frankly, I think we could try and emulate Baltimore a bit, maybe snag Mariota, RG3, Kaepernick, or some college running QB to back up Mitch.... and start using them as a runner often, not giving a damn whether any of them get hurt.   Use their legs, and establish a strong run first identity working around our defense and our QB's limitations.

I also whatever slim hopes Mitch is ever going get it dashed today, but Nagy insisted on absolutely terrible play calling in the 12 1st  half passes from the pocket (or 13) that netted GB 2 sacks & 10 pressures.

Nagy to me just isn't the answer for Mitch and they addionally cannot pick up Mitch's 5th year option. What a terrible year down the drain.

1 minute ago, malagabears said:

I also whatever slim hopes Mitch is ever going get it dashed today, but Nagy insisted on absolutely terrible play calling in the 12 1st  half passes from the pocket (or 13) that netted GB 2 sacks & 10 pressures.

Nagy to me just isn't the answer for Mitch and they addionally cannot pick up Mitch's 5th year option. What a terrible year down the drain.

Now it's Nagy's fault that the OL sucks. Leno got worse, Daniels is young, Whitehair is ok, Coward is a backup and Lucas would be good if this were the XFL

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Now it's Nagy's fault that the OL sucks. Leno got worse, Daniels is young, Whitehair is ok, Coward is a backup and Lucas would be good if this were the XFL

Nagy and Pace... yes.... They've sucked the entire year with ZERO accountability. Heistand could and should have been fired after the first 5 games, and literally everyone could have been benched.

Just now, Epyon said:

Nagy and Pace... yes.... They've sucked the entire year with ZERO accountability. Heistand could and should have been fired after the first 5 games, and literally everyone could have been benched.

It's neither of their fault's, IMO. They came into the year with a top 10 OL and now it sucks. The guys regressed. Sometimes that happens. Heistand I agree on. He was supposed to be some whisperer and he has no answer to some regression

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

In the same breath you can say that's a big reason for Tru being in such a rush and missing receivers because he's constantly trying to move around and create time. You don't really cut him slack though.

My only potential issue with Nagy in the o-line is that he had to see how bad they were in the offseason and training camp. Maybe he tried to get more players or sign some cast-offs to add some sort of talent but pay said no or things just didn't work out. I don't know and it likely wouldn't have made much of a difference if he did so that's a moot point to me. It wasn't a known group failure before the draft and free agency ended. 

Just now, Sugashane said:

In the same breath you can say that's a big reason for Tru being in such a rush and missing receivers because he's constantly trying to move around and create time. You don't really cut him slack though.

My only potential issue with Nagy in the o-line is that he had to see how bad they were in the offseason and training camp. Maybe he tried to get more players or sign some cast-offs to add some sort of talent but pay said no or things just didn't work out. I don't know and it likely wouldn't have made much of a difference if he did so that's a moot point to me. It wasn't a known group failure before the draft and free agency ended. 

I could agree with that, but there are still too many plays where he isn't setting his feet without pressure and still is missing guys or not seeing guys when he has time. I know the OL sucks, trust me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It's neither of their fault's, IMO. They came into the year with a top 10 OL and now it sucks. The guys regressed. Sometimes that happens. Heistand I agree on. He was supposed to be some whisperer and he has no answer to some regression

You have a HC and a GM who together put their support behind bums like Leno and Massie to give them contracts that screwed us, held onto Kyle Long too long, and went into a season with our only backup being Coward.... who is a journeyman at best. 

Personnel decisions and coaching are equally to blame... Nagy and Pace are responsible for the product that goes onto the field, just as Heistand is.

Also I'd disagree with our OL being top 10 last year.... They sucked opening up running lanes last year too, and Trubisky's legs bailed them out of A TON of blown assignments in the passing game... Trubisky's legs made their stats seem palatable, but imo they where a major issue last year as well... Jordan Howard was more than good enough to get it done in the running game, but they blamed him for the OL being trash.

Edited by Epyon

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I could agree with that, but there are still too many plays where he isn't setting his feet without pressure and still is missing guys or not seeing guys when he has time. I know the OL sucks, trust me.

I agree on all points, but that is where part of my concern comes from though. I'm hoping that true is just not as coachable as we had thought, but it's still in the back of my head that nag you just isn't that good of a QB Guru. Maybe read was the one who made the magic happen and we just got suckered. I hope not though.