Bears @ Packers, 12/15, 12:00 GDT

beardown3231

15 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

"Bear Weather" is one of those phrases that drives me bat****, especially when we chest thump it when ANY of the other 2 NFCN teams are in town, as both Green Bay and (anywhere in) Minnesota are both far colder and nastier than here to the point where people start plugging in their (non electric) cars after Halloween, plus, Bears ******* hibernate when it's cold, do you really want that?

It is stupid when these announcers do our games and say "Packers fans love this cold/snow".   Yeah, right.  The networks like to romanticize the "frozen tundra."  I froze my tail off enough at Lambeau when I lived up there.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

It is stupid when these announcers do our games and say "Packers fans love this cold/snow".   Yeah, right.  The networks like to romanticize the "frozen tundra."  I froze my tail off enough at Lambeau when I lived up there.   

I'm still cold from the Rams/Bears game last year...

What are you guys going to shorten your life with this Sunday? My neighbor and I are talking about smoking pork bellies, and I might bring out a Tri Tip to grill. If you haven't grilled this steak it's an amazing cut of meat to marinade, just make sure you google how to-and when to-cut it properly. 

My neighbor is a cocktail artist, but I'm going to bring out the big guns for this kind of high flavor meat with a 2015 of this stuff, and might even go 2010 Musar if I really get the feeling the Bears will win at halftime. If you're into big crazy Bordeaux you might try this one out as it's absolutely unique and incredible.  Cool story about the vineyard too. 

hoc88_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I'm still cold from the Rams/Bears game last year...

What are you guys going to shorten your life with this Sunday? My neighbor and I are talking about smoking pork bellies, and I might bring out a Tri Tip to grill. If you haven't grilled this steak it's an amazing cut of meat to marinade, just make sure you google how to-and when to-cut it properly. 

My neighbor is a cocktail artist, but I'm going to bring out the big guns for this kind of high flavor meat with a 2015 of this stuff, and might even go 2010 Musar if I really get the feeling the Bears will win at halftime. If you're into big crazy Bordeaux you might try this one out as it's absolutely unique and incredible.  Cool story about the vineyard too. 

hoc88_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

Hard liquor doesn't agree with me so I usually stick with beer.   I doubt I'll be drinking beer that afternoon.  Perhaps in the evening either toasting or crying into it...

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Hard liquor doesn't agree with me so I usually stick with beer.   I doubt I'll be drinking beer that afternoon.  Perhaps in the evening either toasting or crying into it...

Is that why you moved out of Wisconsin? Got to be hard to handle without a buzz (not knocking, we have a place up there)

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

Is that why you moved out of Wisconsin? Got to be hard to handle without a buzz (not knocking, we have a place up there)

No, my hubby and I retired to Florida a few years ago to get out of the cold.  We return to GB every summer for a couple of months.  Summer in WI and IL is great but you can have it late October thru April.  ;)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pugger said:

No, my hubby and I retired to Florida a few years ago to get out of the cold.  We return to GB every summer for a couple of months.  Summer in WI and IL is great but you can have it late October thru April.  ;)

I have clients in Arizona and it's literally all former Illinois and Wisconsin people. After 20+ winters you've earned your stripes and ready to move somewhere warm.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Glad you're warm!

There were approximately 45 nice minutes of weather this spring, followed by a couple great days in fall... 

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

When you look at Tom Coughlin it looks like the frostbite on his face still hasn't healed up since the 2007 NFCCG at Lambeau. 

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

My brother and I always joke that he has purple face still

Haha!  I know.  I swear that his face turned that color in that game and hasn't recovered.  You could tell how miserable he was during the game.  I can remember thinking that he should be wearing a ski mask or something because that below zero wind was doing a number on him.

On 11/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, Pugger said:

On 11/12/2019 at 5:24 PM, Nads786 said:

I have clients in Arizona and it's literally all former Illinois and Wisconsin people. After 20+ winters you've earned your stripes and ready to move somewhere warm.

On 11/12/2019 at 5:30 PM, RunningVaccs said:

Glad you're warm!

There were approximately 45 nice minutes of weather this spring, followed by a couple great days in fall... 

The nice sunny weather in Málaga  Spain says hello with a yearly average temp of 68 degrees Fahrenheit. :):D